Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - Cmos

Options
  • 30-03-2016 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi

Two years ago I had an issue with Vodafone with that my phone all of sudden stopped working so I sent it for repair. The person in store signed of on it saying there was no physical damage. A few days later I received a call asking for €90 to repair the phone due to damage to the shell.

I spent months disputing this with them as I felt I shouldn't pay the 90 since it was declared as no physical damage. Eventually I had enough and rang them to cancel to contract as they were not providing me the warranty stated in my contract and I did not have the phone associated with the contract (two months without it).

Recently I received a letter from CMOS asking for €400 on behalf of Vodafone. Anyone have an idea what to do or where this fee came from ? I have tried contacting Vodafone and received no answer and the money isn't a cancellation fee as there was around 16 months left on the contract at €35 a month.

Any help or anything is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's unpaid fees on the account or the phone subsidy or a mix of both. They are highly unlikely to pursue this beyond sending letters but it may affect private credit ratings (used for telecoms contracts, hire purchase etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 michaelc4739

L1011 wrote: »
    It's unpaid fees on the account or the phone subsidy or a mix of both. They are highly unlikely to pursue this beyond sending letters but it may affect private credit ratings (used for telecoms contracts, hire purchase etc)

So do you think the best action is just ignoring it ? Paying it is really something I don't want to do since the fault was Vodafone's

• Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd try resolve the issue with Vodafone and not deal with the debt collectors - how you resolve it is up to you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 michaelc4739

L1011 wrote: »
    I'd try resolve the issue with Vodafone and not deal with the debt collectors - how you resolve it is up to you though!

Ya I've sent them an email anyway. If there's no response I'll call. Thanks for the help

Advertisement