Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mixing halogen with incandescent on a 4 lamp light?

Options
  • 30-03-2016 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

A bit of a simple question tbh but I have a light that has 4 lamps all on the same circuit... (one of those from lidl/aldi some years ago) but only recently fitted after being in storage.

I've had issues with this particular light in that in the past it has tripped the mains and lights trip switches when a bulb has gone (when the light is turned on) but not every time a bulb has gone (personally I would never have fitted it but it was someone else's will to have it put in). Since the last time bulbs were changed all has been fine.

2 bulbs are gone and am replacing them but I just want to ask would it be safe to replace the two with halogen while leaving the other two as the old incandescent ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Assuming that all of the lamps are mains voltage, I see no issue with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yea its not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭orthsquel

Thanks guys, I just wanted to be sure to be sure to be sure!! :) have had plenty of shocks down the years with lights and just over-wary to ridiculousness :o

Thanks again!

Halogen is incandescent, they're the same thing.
    Incandescent means emitting light due to being heated.

Halogen is a gas that reacts with the tungsten filament in a recombinant process.

Advertisement