Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty 2016 : Infinite Warfare | Rumours & News

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Go to custom game. I think you can set up bots there.

No that's not working. Old school play has bigger jumps. Was looking to play one-on-one old school with a friend. It must only be included in public match and not private match. Disappointing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Ok, so I'll admit that I jumped on the band wagon when I said that IW is the worst game ever made. I really do not think that, but it's definitely not a game that I favour. Nevertheless, I do like some things in it.

The maps are tiny but I'm a fan of tiny maps tbh. I absolutely love Mayday and is probably my favourite map in the game (call me weird all you like). I also like Genesis and Frontier. I hate Throwback, yes I know very unpopular to say that.

I love some of the guns especially the ERAD which is undoubtedly one of the most fun guns I've used in a Call of Duty. Not one of the best but most fun for me.

I was not the biggest fan of Spaceland but it definitely wasn't terrible. I thought that Spaceland was an absolute great map. I adored how many arcade games you could play (but I hated how the zombies could attack us when playing), the 80s atmosphere as I'm a huge fan of the 80s and how colourful it was. I'm a huge fan of colourful, vibrant maps like Splash is my favourite map in all of Call of Duty for multiplayer and that's all because of how colourful it is. Rave in the Redwoods is better than all BO3 zombie maps except Der Eisendrache and obviously The Giant ('cause it's Der Riese like.... how could it be better than it) in my opinion. I much prefer it over Spaceland for playing but I still did not hate Spaceland.

Overall, I'm not the biggest fan of Infinite Warfare but there are still some characteristics of it I like (oh and the campaign is great also UNLIKE BO3's which was absolutely awful and boring).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It's not that bad tbh I really don't see that much of a difference between this and Blops 3. They finally got the leaderboards up and I've 5 days of game time played on it and hit prestige 5 last night thanks to the Double XP week that's currently running.
    What I also find interesting is that nearly all of the big Cod youtubers were not flown out to LA to record footage of the Sabotage DLC. Ali-A Prestige is Key Tmartn Chaos Silencer Drift0r all were dropped I am still looking to see the full list of youtubers who went out one who deserved to go was TheXclusive Ace who paid to go the Cod XP event and does some great and helpful videos like Driftor used to do.
    So Infinite Warfare isn't as bad as everyone makes out, I see no reason why someone who liked Blops 3 could not get used to this game. Also it is 1000% better then the god awful Ghosts

It's not that bad tbh I really don't see that much of a difference between this and Blops 3. They finally got the leaderboards up and I've 5 days of game time played on it and hit prestige 5 last night thanks to the Double XP week that's currently running.
    What I also find interesting is that nearly all of the big Cod youtubers were not flown out to LA to record footage of the Sabotage DLC. Ali-A Prestige is Key Tmartn Chaos Silencer Drift0r all were dropped I am still looking to see the full list of youtubers who went out one who deserved to go was TheXclusive Ace who paid to go the Cod XP event and does some great and helpful videos like Driftor used to do.
    So Infinite Warfare isn't as bad as everyone makes out, I see no reason why someone who liked Blops 3 could not get used to this game. Also it is 1000% better then the god awful Ghosts

One big issue I have though is the very confusing layout of the screen. Do you understand me? (I know it's kind of confusing to explain :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I got used to it but much prefered blops 3, it's certainly no improvement which is what you kind of expect. Both the levels and scorestreaks were better in blops for a start.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I got used to it but much prefered blops 3, it's certainly no improvement which is what you kind of expect. Both the levels and scorestreaks were better in blops for a start.

Aparantly Treyarch were brought in to help IW finish the game and that's why a lot of the Blops DLC was poor, I mean that huge map with the mechs just didn't belong in COD and also the picnic table one always crashed out. In the middle of a match.
    I don't know what I when I can't jump around in Cod 2017, I will miss my jet pack and wall running lol

And is it just me or does the IW movement system seem less smooth in comparison with BO3? I much prefer BO3's even though they're practically the same.

I mean that huge map with the mechs just didn't belong in COD

Have you played WaW? :P

WaW and Ghosts had maps that were close to Battlefield standard map size.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Have you played WaW? :P

WaW and Ghosts had maps that were close to Battlefield standard map size.

Yes and that map was a remake of one of the World at War maps and I did love World at War but preferred the smaller/medium sized maps like Dome Castle courtyard (God I hope we get a remastered WAW)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

I miss the dogs killstreak :)

Only put an hr into the IW MP...just couldn't be bothered and I've had enough of the MWR a$$hats :D

Anyone looking for the game ? 30 euro's all in ? :pac:

• Advertisement

Is there a reason a MWR update would be a massive 8.8GB?

Have you not noticed how much we got in the update?

Nope. Haven't played in a few weeks. New maps?

Nope.

- Improved servers
    - COD 4 spawn system
    - XM-LAR, Kamchatka-12 and .44 Magnum new weapons
    - 4 new weapon kits
    - 2 new melee weapons
    - Weapon Camo Sets – Four new weapon camo sets each bring new camos to the field, with 39 new weapon camos total
    Calling Card Sets – Customize your calling card with 31 new options for you to wear with pride
    Emblem Sets – With 39 new emblems to pair with your calling card, variety is now your middle name
    Reticle Sets – Set your sights with new looks with 39 different new reticles to choose from
    - Collateral damage fix
    - C4 will now stick to Helicopters
    - Environmental and Melee Kill Stats will no longer reset on Prestige
    - Melee Weapon crosshairs will change color when over an enemy that is in range of a melee attack
    - Still give match bonus if the other player quits Cage Match
    - Show Rank on Gun Game Scoreboard
    - Virtual Lobby optimization

And all these bug fixes

Bug Fixes
    Fixed collision in Ambush tunnel
    Fixed issues with Kill Cam/Streaming
    Fixed Streaming issues relating to invisible weapons
    Fixed issues with Melee Weapons on ladders causing weapons to disappear
    Fixed issues with Exclusion Zone Weapon Camo appearing incorrectly
    Fixed issues with Clan Tag resetting unexpectedly
    Fixed issues where killstreak activation could stop functioning
    Fixed missing visuals of one Hardpoint neutral zone in Strike
    Fixed sometimes seeing the blur too early when going to ADS with a Sniper Rifle
    Fixed ADS sometimes not stopping weapon inspection
    Fixed issues with ADS Toggle control schemes not being able to throw C4
    Fixed various issues with Character visuals in the Virtual Lobby
    Fixed the “Extreme Speed” Challenge to track through death and rounds

So as you can see, a pretty big update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Nope.

- Improved servers
    - COD 4 spawn system
    - XM-LAR, Kamchatka-12 and .44 Magnum new weapons

The XM-LAR is some gun, Im jealous of those who have it already :mad:

Looking forward to getting my hands on the new Magnum too, not a fan of the deagles and the others arent very powerful!

The XM-LAR is some gun, Im jealous of those who have it already :mad:

Looking forward to getting my hands on the new Magnum too, not a fan of the deagles and the others arent very powerful!

The .44 Magnum is literally a copy and paste of the Desert Eagle besides

- You can equip Silencer on the Magnum and it doesn't decrease your range
    - Magnum has 6 in the mag instead of 7 like the Desert Eagle

The .44 Magnum is literally a copy and paste of the Desert Eagle besides

- You can equip Silencer on the Magnum and it doesn't decrease your range
    - Magnum has 6 in the mag instead of 7 like the Desert Eagle

ah, saw one vid yesterday and it looked to take less shots to kill, oh well...

ah, saw one vid yesterday and it looked to take less shots to kill, oh well...

Here's a good video comparison of the Desert Eagle and the .44 Magnum:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Anyone play the new maps yet? I'm tempted to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Got this the other day, have slow 3mb sky broadband and am still downloading MW Remastered lol

Got this the other day, have slow 3mb sky broadband and am still downloading MW Remastered lol

They've really ****ed up MW unfortunately.

Supply drops, new guns, etc.

Doesn't feel like it was back in the day or when they released it with IW in its old form.

An absolute shame. I deleted once they started ****ing with it.

Maybe you'll like how they're playing with it. Personally the whole reason I got IW with MW was for the nostalgia of it all and it gave me that albeit briefly.

IW is great though. Don't listen to the haters. Some great maps, nice guns and really really fast action.

Having come from Destiny as my last shooter IW's speed was the hardest thing to get used to. Granted the last COD game is played was MW on 360 but still IW seemed like it was in fast forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Only got to play IW 2 nights ago for the first time. Haven't gone near the story yet, but i'll get around to it. Threw myself into MP to see what it was like. Aside from being overwhelmed with information and not knowing how the majority of the new loot system works (still not sure on prototypes and Mk11 stuff), but from what i've played, i'm enjoying it.

It feels familiar but with enough differences to make it unique. Everything feels weighted, even the jumping and wall running, it feels more "real" than BO3 or AW. It's going to take me quite some time to get used to it, with intentions of digging into it this evening after work for a few hours, but i'm definitely at a major disadvantage not knowing the differences between the classes/suits, what effects what, and i still haven't unlocked all the perks, etc so i don't know the good combinations yet either. I'm getting slaughtered but i'm also getting a good few kills myself.

Previously, i've played each CoD with the intention of getting to highest prestige while unlocking as many weapons and completing their challenges to unlock all the camos, but i think i'll play this one different. And MWR is good, feels like a modern update, and even with the looks only loot crates which you can completely ignore, it feels like MW but it's missing the nostalgia. It's actually MW2 i'd love a remake of, that brought in the fun to it without losing the realism (specifically, auto-locking rocket launchers for them fookin' helicopters!).

I'm looking forward to sinking a load of time into this, i think that's what being missing gaming wise the last few months. Plus i've played some BF1, and while i'm not normally a BF fan, i found myself enjoying it alot, but only when i was sniping, close combat in BF is shockingly hard to get used to, can't see cack!

This is what has been leaked so far that is not in the game yet (MWR). By the way, the people who leaked these haven't been wrong with anything so far. Everything they have leaked up to the point is in the game, so you might want to take these leaks quite serious.

New attachments

- Extended Mag
    - Long Barrel
    - Heartbeat Sensor
    - Holographic Sight
    - Dual Wield
    - Thermal Scope
    - Variable Zoom
    - Tactical Knife
    - Reflex Variant
    - Underbarrel Shotgun

New weapons

- Mac-10 (SMG)

Sj0ENfV.png

- DMR-25 (Sniper rifle)

SMCvDGi.png

- PKM (LMG)

Ji4IjLOg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

What's the point of having SMG's if the NV4 can beat any of them at close range :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So, i have to say, i'm thoroughly enjoying IW. Yes, it has futuristic weapons and boosting/wall running, but it feels heavy and real. It's like AW mixed with MW. But i was getting destroyed because of a small bit of lag.

I took some peoples advice, and used my laptop to bridge the Wi-Fi through Ethernet to get a better connection, and immediately I had a better connection. And i started playing better. Also, i'm liking the persistence perk for the Warfighter. It's handy to get a few scorestreaks while i catch up with everyone who is used to the maps.

I don't get the hate this game is getting. It's definitely better than the last 2 games (AW and BO3), it has that lovely Infinity Ward feel to it. Still haven't finished the campaign, but i am enjoying it, even if Jon Snow has no idea how to play a bad guy. Liking that i can pick what missions to choose. It's well done, along with some actual facts about our solar system (ie: how long days are, distance from the sun, all the moons, etc).

And, as i said above, this is what has been missing, i'm gaming more again. So i'm a happy camper!

- Extended Mag
    - Long Barrel
    - Heartbeat Sensor
    - Holographic Sight
    - Dual Wield
    - Thermal Scope
    - Variable Zoom
    - Tactical Knife
    - Reflex Variant
    - Underbarrel Shotgun

Noooooo

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Noooooo

giphy.gif

Rumours are that pro perks should be coming because of this.

Just played a bit of MW there again. The way this game is being played is a joke. Played Ground War (Kill Conf.) on Bog and 9 of the players never moved the entire match with sniper rifles. I remember thinking MW2 and BOs2 were campy but this is beyond anything I've ever seen.

IW has it's faults but at least people move.

Just played a bit of MW there again. The way this game is being played is a joke. Played Ground War (Kill Conf.) on Bog and 9 of the players never moved the entire match with sniper rifles. I remember thinking MW2 and BOs2 were campy but this is beyond anything I've ever seen.

IW has it's faults but at least people move.

Yeah I haven't thought about that actually, never realised how IW doesn't have that many campers compared to other CODs. MW is a very campy game anyway, every map has campers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bog is and was the worst map on the game

New weapons are available in supply drops in Infinite Warfare but not only in supply drops!

The new assault rifle, which is a pretty meh AR in my opinion, R-VN is free for all season pass holders. It is also unlockable through a challenge: Get 200 kills with an Energy Rifle with an accessory equipped that you’ve earned through weapon prestige.

A new pistol called the UMD-45 can be unlocked also by a challenge and supply drops.

The new Axe melee weapon can be unlocked only by supply drops.

I posted this here late 'cause nobody else posted this.

• Advertisement

New weapons are available in supply drops in Infinite Warfare but not only in supply drops!

The new assault rifle, which is a pretty meh AR in my opinion, R-VN is free for all season pass holders. It is also unlockable through a challenge: Get 200 kills with an Energy Rifle with an accessory equipped that you’ve earned through weapon prestige.

A new pistol called the UMD-45 can be unlocked also by a challenge and supply drops.

The new Axe melee weapon can be unlocked only by supply drops.

I posted this here late 'cause nobody else posted this.

Yeah at least they gave the new base variant for free for season pass holders or fairly easy challenges the AR is ok in hardcore mode haven't tried it in core. Pistol haven't unlocked yet aparantly it's nothing special, the Axe couldn't care less about.
    Also Double XP and Double Weapons XP is live now until Monday around 6pm Irish time.
    One other thing in the pipeline is more Prestige levels which I am not too keen on and also a new mission team called Blood Anvil will be also be coming to the game.

I think the R-VN could get nerfed. Awesome gun. Went 31k-2d on my second game with it yesterday as soon as I unlocked quickdraw and just knifed people for more than half the kills using all the improved movement speed abilities/perks.

New map pack coming to MWR on March 21st called Variety which s basically the original map packs released on Cod 4 including Broadcast, Chinatown, Creek and iKillhouse the Map pack is not free to season pass holders more nfo below
    http://charlieintel.com/2017/03/07/cod4-variety-maps-coming-modern-warfare-remastered-march-21-ps4/

New map pack coming to MWR on March 21st called Variety which s basically the original map packs released on Cod 4 including Broadcast, Chinatown, Creek and iKillhouse the Map pack is not free to season pass holders more nfo below
    http://charlieintel.com/2017/03/07/cod4-variety-maps-coming-modern-warfare-remastered-march-21-ps4/

Pathetic scummy robbin bastards Activision! :mad:

Yeah I haven't thought about that actually, never realised how IW doesn't have that many campers compared to other CODs. MW is a very campy game anyway, every map has campers.

I think the lack of camping is what I have enjoyed most about the is cod. I'd say I'd have given up long ago if it was like the others. It's actually hard to camp, yes I've tried out of curiosity. It bores the hell out of me though. I'm more a run and gun guy. That and the fast pace helps

Pathetic scummy robbin bastards Activision! :mad:

Problem though is wallys will still buy it and they'll keep doing it.

Has anyone played the new IW maps? I'm tempted but haven't bothered yet. I'm kinda falling away from the game though so I need something to respark my interest. That said I'm not payin if they're crap

Problem though is wallyd will still buy it.

Has anyone played the new IW maps? I'm tempted but haven't bothered yet. I'm kinda falling away from the game though so I need something to respark my interest. That said I'm not payin if they're crap

I know, I'm still buying it 'cause I love the maps from COD 4. I really am my worst enemy :o.

Yes I have, they're pretty good though I'm not a fan of Neon at all. If you liked Afghan from MW2, you will like Dominion even though it feels different. It's weird and difficult to describe. Renaissance is easily one of the best maps in the entire game. It's a very good map and not that big or small. Noir is a beautiful map and plays quite good also. Nero from NerosCinema (YouTube) agrees with my opinions here also.

I know, I'm still buying it 'cause I love the maps from COD 4. I really am my worst enemy :o.

Yes I have, they're pretty good though I'm not a fan of Neon at all. If you liked Afghan from MW2, you will like Dominion even though it feels different. It's weird and difficult to describe. Renaissance is easily one of the best maps in the entire game. It's a very good map and not that big or small. Noir is a beautiful map and plays quite good also. Nero from NerosCinema (YouTube) agrees with my opinions here also.

Cheers for that. Might take a week off and see how I feel.

Problem though is wallys will still buy it and they'll keep doing it.

Actually think it's one of the best map packs released very well designed and laid out compared to some of the map packs released on Blops 3, the only bad thing is they don't come up in rotation outside of the DLC playlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Does anybody know how much the variety map pack will cost in euros?

• Advertisement

max life wrote: »
    Does anybody know how much the variety map pack will cost in euros?

I would say it will be €14.99 they are giving 10 rare supply drops although I think they should only charge €10 as its only 4 maps.
    I would say they will announce the separate sale of MWR shortly after the map pack releases as Activison will see easy money possibly selling MWR with the variety mappack for €30-€40

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

Hi guys, anybody here playing this online on PlayStation? Bought the game online and just waiting for it to arrive, would like to play with a few regulars if possible thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You are the reason that these companies get away with it.
    You keep supporting these awful practices, and because there are people like you who do...they will never go away.

You are paying for DLC...which was released 10 years...for an add-on to another game you bought.

How much vasoline do you have to let them do you like this over and over ? or is it that you like it ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You keep supporting these awful practices, and because there are people like you who do...they will never go away.

You are paying for DLC...which was released 10 years...for an add-on to another game you bought.

How much vasoline do you have to let them do you like this over and over ? or is it that you like it ?

That's a tad harsh. I hadn't played a cod game since MW and it's the only reason I ended up buying the legacy edition or whatever it was called with the two games. If I could have bought MW on its own I would have done so. Glad I was 'made' try IW though as it is/was refreshingly great.

So anyway as much as I disagree with what they've done with MW remastered since its launch I can understand why someone's craving for the old maps is so bad they're willing to pay for the maps.

Activision are being cun'ts exploiting people and people are being silly allowing them to exploit them but I can still kinda see why someone is willing to part with their cash. People were/are fanatical about that game. Personally I think they ruined it since launch which forced me to try IW.

That's a tad harsh. I hadn't played a cod game since MW and it's the only reason I ended up buying the legacy edition or whatever it was called with the two games. If I could have bought MW on its own I would have done so. Glad I was 'made' try IW though as it is/was refreshingly great.

I don't think it's harsh, it's actually true.
    If people boycotted these practices then they wouldn't continue.
    But with the community happily paying for and lapping up all this overpriced and rehashed content...it gives Activision and IW and Treyarch no incentive to change their practices.

I wanted to try the revamped COD4. I played COD4 for 3 years, in leagues and in a clan...so I really wanted to play it. But on principle I'm not willing to give Activision/IW/Treyarch any more money in the coming future until they completely change their practices.

Unfortunately I can't see this happening anytime soon....especially if they see people are willing to shell out for this. It's scandalous, it should be given as free content.

COD is dead to me now and so are IW at this stage.
    The only thing that would have me buy the next game is if it was set back in WW2, with little to NO chance for Killstreaks, airdrops or customisation of weapons.......basically go back to their roots of
    COD 1 / :UO / COD 2.

SeantheMan wrote: »

I did say "I really am my worst enemy" at the end of my quote.

I did say "I really am my worst enemy" at the end of my quote.

But think of us man, we want better COD games...but we'll never get them if people keep buying this stuff....stop living on the 'Dark Side'.
    Just don't buy it...show them you're not a puppet who'll buy any ol **** they put out.

Wait.... Didn't they announce dlc would be free pre launch? Not a hope i'd pay 15 for it if i played the game again.

AND

Infinite Warfare Legacy edition costs $80. Infinite Warfare on its own costs $60 which suggests that MWR costs $20. The original Variety map pack from COD 4 MW is $10.

The Variety map pack is not brand new to us. It's 9 years old at this stage and the only difference they have done is up to date graphics. Other than that, no difference. The fact that it's not brand new, the maps are just remastered, we have to pay more for the MWR Variety map pack than the original. Also, recent DLCs which are about the same price have a zombies map along with 3 brand new multiplayer maps and 1 remastered multiplayer map.... Activision that is a rip off, go and ask me bollox.

10 rare supply drops don't make a difference and I won't use them anyway because I hate supply drops and wish they weren't a thing in MWR or just Call of Duty anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think they've **** the bed with all this crap, they're destroying the name, but at the end of the day all they care about is the bottom line.

These days I pick up COD titles 2nd hand, play the campaign, and trade them in again. The MP is long dead to me with the way it's gone. They couldn't even leave Modern Warfare alone - they had to go adding in supply drops, new weapons, paid DLC, the works.

• Advertisement

The leaked SMG, Sniper and LMG are now in MWR as of the update today. Along with that, a St. Patrick's Day version of Downpour called 'Daybreak' has been released.

Advertisement