Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty 2016 : Infinite Warfare | Rumours & News

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

If I buy it it'd have to be legacy. IW doesn't seem worth the price on its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I expect this will be the turning point for the franchise I would say we will see a boots on the ground Vietnam Cod from Sledgehammer next year followed by World at War two from Treyarch in 2018! I wouldn't be surprised if IW are dropped as a developer and replaced by Ravensoft for a modern shooter in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

There is an update to the remastered game for those that downloaded it. Apparently, some people can play offline multiplayer after installing it. Downloading the update now but won't get a chance to check it because I shall be going for some alcoholic beverages! Just giving a heads up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

max life wrote: »
    There is an update to the remastered game for those that downloaded it. Apparently, some people can play offline multiplayer after installing it. Downloading the update now but won't get a chance to check it because I shall be going for some alcoholic beverages! Just giving a heads up...

Just downloading it now

I downloaded the update. It allowed me into multi player. An update screen then came up and I accepted it. Then it went back to main screen and the multi player was blacked out. If anyone downloads the update, and gets to the multiplayer screen, reject the option to update and you might be able to play the multiplayer. I have read that some people can access it and some can't.

max life wrote: »
    I downloaded the update. It allowed me into multi player. An update screen then came up and I accepted it. Then it went back to main screen and the multi player was blacked out. If anyone downloads the update, and gets to the multiplayer screen, reject the option to update and you might be able to play the multiplayer. I have read that some people can access it and some can't.

Yeah so I could get into the multiplayer screen after downloading the 8GB patch but if I press local or lan it doesn't work tried disconnecting from internet still doesn't work seems to be only for folks on update 1.02 you could play against bots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

I expect this will be the turning point for the franchise I would say we will see a boots on the ground Vietnam Cod from Sledgehammer next year followed by World at War two from Treyarch in 2018! I wouldn't be surprised if IW are dropped as a developer and replaced by Ravensoft for a modern shooter in 2019.

we can only live in hope.

Anyone know when reviews will drop? Is it embargoed till day of release?

Really enjoying the MW remastered. Its so much better than IW multiplayer.

• Advertisement

Confirmed there are an extra 10 prestiges so prestige 20 in MW1 so that's a 1000 levels for those who like to grind out the prestiges

Lads MW multiplayer is up on PS4 it's kind of intermittent so anyone still up jump on while the servers are on

Lads MW multiplayer is up on PS4 it's kind of intermittent so anyone still up jump on while the servers are on

Hows it playing?

Damn you was just about to go to bed

Hows it playing?

Oh lovely just did a KC and a cage fight great fun

Oh lovely just did a KC and a cage fight great fun

Plays like the original? No crap will new killstreaks or anything?

• Advertisement

Plays like the original? No crap will new killstreaks or anything?

In my 30 minutes of playtime no same kill streaks couple of things I wasn't keen on like last stand and noobtubes are still there also don't like the respawn delay on hardcore Kill Confirmed haven't encountered any lag all in all thumbs up all round.
    The cynic in me thinks this is a marketing ploy turn on the more popular game of the two to boost interest and sell more of IW. Then again they could. E just stress testing the servers.

Ok they just knocked out the servers again there was a playlist update downloaded and it reset I could play local and set up bots to play against (that's new) but once I came all the way out I couldn't get back into multiplayer, I'm sure it will be up and down at random intervals, keep trying if you have it.

Was in local supervalu so standard edition 49.99 Legacy edition will be 69.99 but stock is limited my brother is trying to find stores with the Legacy edition SuperValu lucan will only have standard edition and that's a fairly big store.
    Also MW servers are off until launch now they were just testing them on Sunday

Was looking up videos of Zombies in spaceland last night. Actually looks like a lot of fun!

When I heard spaceland I thought it would be set in space with aliens which didn't really appeal to me but Spaceland is a theme park and it looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I was going to buy it off the Australian store to het it early but it's working out dearer than irish store and about 15+ more than on canadian store.

I'll wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

MWR servers are live.

MWR servers are live.

Locked out for me I know if you got IW disc that the servers are live but MW remains greyed out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Played a few games of MWR just there, they've done a great job on it. Hit detection and connection were perfect. TTK seems high, similiar to ghosts maybe, the M16 melts even across the map. Cant see myself playing any of infinite warfare over this

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Loving MWR so far, though I have noticed some severe lag comp in quite a few games. Quite a few cases of me pumping 2 full bursts of an M1 into enemies, with full hit markers on my screen, only to see the kill cam showing as if I hadn't fired. I'm sure it is fine for most people, I've probably just got unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Does anyone know if Supervalu swords will be selling the version with modern warfare ? €70 is steep (but better than anywhere else).. I want to replay that game soooo bad.

Played first game of mwr there. Never played the original. What's story with score streaks. Seem easy to get. I got air strikes and chopper just playing tdm

If it's that easy they are goi to be non
    stop

Played a couple of games now. How does everyone enjoy this sh1t. It's just constant air strike, chopper. UAV. Every game I've been in. Ought as well just leave the UAV on permenantly.

In fairness rest of it is grand just the constant streaks in tdm are doing my head in.
    Over half my deaths in each game so far are choppers and air strikes

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

heroics wrote: »
    Played a couple of games now. How does everyone enjoy this sh1t. It's just constant air strike, chopper. UAV. Every game I've been in. Ought as well just leave the UAV on permenantly.

In fairness rest of it is grand just the constant streaks in tdm are doing my head in.

The better team will always dominate with scorestreaks in cod4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Did you ever play MW or WAW before?

Did you ever play MW or WAW before?

Nope started with blops1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Nope started with blops1
    You'll get used to the UAV's. Tag with your team for 30 seconds as a unit, or else what I would do if isolated is be unpredictable with my movement in short bursts in different directions to confuse the enemy.

Nope started with blops1

You'll get used to it, though I appreciate it must be jarring if it's your first time playing the game. To be fair, the maps usually offer a good deal of indoor spaces, so once you get your bearings the airstrikes and choppers will prove less problematic. I also don't think people realise just how easy it is to take the choppers down, take the two RPG rounds with you as perk 1 and the thing is toast.

Early reviews of the IW campaign starting to float in, neither Eurogamer or IGN had much good to say about it, the IGN review in particular was quite scathing in parts and essentially rounded out the review by telling you your time is much better spent elsewhere (Titanfall, Battlefield) if FPS campaigns are your thing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

goon_magee wrote: »
    Early reviews of the IW campaign starting to float in, neither Eurogamer or IGN had much good to say about it, the IGN review in particular was quite scathing in parts and essentially rounded out the review by telling you your time is much better spent elsewhere (Titanfall, Battlefield) if FPS campaigns are your thing.

I'll probably never play it, I wish cod4 was available as a standalone game. They're clever aul fookers!

I'll probably never play it, I wish cod4 was available as a standalone game. They're clever aul fookers!

I'd imagine it'll go standalone soon enough once the sales of IW die off and the realise there is more cash to be made off those that held off!

goon_magee wrote: »
    You'll get used to it, though I appreciate it must be jarring if it's your first time playing the game. To be fair, the maps usually offer a good deal of indoor spaces, so once you get your bearings the airstrikes and choppers will prove less problematic. I also don't think people realise just how easy it is to take the choppers down, take the two RPG rounds with you as perk 1 and the thing is toast.

Yep found that out in the last game. Only up to level 7 or 8 so was only using default class. Added the launcher and it does not bother me as much.

I like the rest of it though. Ttk hit detection maps etc. The m16 is ridiculously accurate.
    I just think that 7 kills is a bit easy to get for the top streak.

Yep found that out in the last game. Only up to level 7 or 8 so was only using default class. Added the launcher and it does not bother me as much.

I like the rest of it though. Ttk hit detection maps etc. The m16 is ridiculously accurate.
    I just think that 7 kills is a bit easy to get for the top streak.

Yeah it's all about finding the right balance, I'm even finding it hard to get used to and I put in an unhealthy amount of hours back in the day!

Loving the old school game modes where you pick up random weapons and perks across the maps TDM, KC,FFA don't see to many lads getting helicopters in this mode!

4 copies of the legacy edition left in Supervalu boroimhe (swords) not the one in the pavilions.
    €69.99

This is my first cod since modern warfare so can not wait to get back to that and in fairness infinite warfare from the gameplay and reviews I've watched looks like fun, even the campaign! Eek!

• Advertisement

• heroics wrote: »

Why did you buy it?

After Eurogamer saying yesterday that the campaign was boring and flat, a good few reviews coming out today saying it's the best COD campaign for a few years with an interesting story.

After Eurogamer saying yesterday that the campaign was boring and flat, a good few reviews coming out today saying it's the best COD campaign for a few years with an interesting story.

Gamesradar seemed quite positive.

To be honest though who cares what reviewers say, sure half of them are paid.

All I care about is modern warfare, remastered!!

I'll give infinite warfare a fair shot and make my own mind up. It looks good though. Love how the bodies float when killed in some of the footage I've watched.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Why did you buy it?

Because I'd never played it before. And I heard it was good. Why else. What did you expect only people who had played it.before to get it??

Like I said there is a lot I like it's just the constant score streaks. 7 kills for the chopper is way to easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Who buys cod for campaign though? All about multiplayer

Who buys cod for campaign though? All about multiplayer

Nice to have a good campaign to play as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's weird, I've gone from being really excited about IW to not really being bothered. I think Titanfall 2 is scratching that itch for me right now, whereby I'd usually be dying to get my hands on the latest CoD. I'll pick it up eventually - probably when the package with MW is on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Nice to have a good campaign to play as well.

I agree if it's included why not but who would let that influence a purchase on a fps?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I agree if it's included why not but who would let that influence a purchase on a fps?

When Modern Warfare came out 9 years ago the story was unprecedented for an FPS, much of the media attention back then stemmed from Single Player. A lot of people purchased for single player (and MW2 for that matter).

I think single player is as every bit important as its multiplayer aspect. Some people just want to come home from work and play a good single player story-based game.

Anyway over the years the formula was built on the MP aspect instead of SP and then money shrouded the whole franchise over.

IW is terrible. The gameplay is gimmicky and I got bored of it very quickly.

MW though is beautiful. I just wished they would release it as a standalone as I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels robbed of purchasing a legacy edition just to play MWR.

IW is terrible. The gameplay is gimmicky and I got bored of it very quickly.

MW though is beautiful. I just wished they would release it as a standalone as I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels robbed of purchasing a legacy edition just to play MWR.

I really hope IW isn't that bad. I'm not expecting brilliance but I really hope there's some fun to be had.

Glad to hear MW lives up to what it should be.

As for feeling ripped yeah it's a shame they didn't release it seperately but it's clever really as it's made people like me who haven't played a cod game in ages pick it up.

Now that said there's no point trying to get me back on board with the franchise if the new iteration is crap so again I hope I feel differently about IW than you did/do.

I'm getting my arse handed to me in MWR MP haha. Been a long time. Need that UAV jammer at rank 11!

• Advertisement
Advertisement