Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty 2016 : Infinite Warfare | Rumours & News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm getting my arse handed to me in MWR MP haha. Been a long time. Need that UAV jammer at rank 11!

I've always had my arse handed to me in MW but it was always fun... well until it was a hacked mess. That was the end of the fun :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nice to have a good campaign to play as well.

Exactly just look at Titanfall 2, cracking campaign.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I really hope IW isn't that bad. I'm not expecting brilliance but I really hope there's some fun to be had.

Glad to hear MW lives up to what it should be.

As for feeling ripped yeah it's a shame they didn't release it seperately but it's clever really as it's made people like me who haven't played a cod game in ages pick it up.

Now that said there's no point trying to get me back on board with the franchise if the new iteration is crap so again I hope I feel differently about IW than you did/do.

Well, right now I'm flipping between BF1, MWR and Siege for my FPS fulfillment. All these games surpass IW in my opinion.

Well, right now I'm flipping between BF1, MWR and Siege for my FPS fulfillment. All these games surpass IW in my opinion.

I suppose I don't have a lot of FPS going on in my life outside of Destiny do maybe it'll be an OK distraction.

MW is where i know I'll be spending a lot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Picking up the ps pro next week,might throw this in with it for Mordern Warfare Nostalgia Business

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I agree if it's included why not but who would let that influence a purchase on a fps?

Extremely narrow minded viewpoint, I know plenty of people who love FPS, but don't enjoy multiplayer in the slightest. Lack of a good SP campaign can, IMO at least, hurt enjoyment of a game. You only need look at the reception that lack of a campaign recieved in games like Evolve, Battlefront, and the original Titanfall to know that campaigns are important.

Some of the best gaming experiences of all time have been FPS single player. I mean even this year we've had Doom, BF1 and Titanfall, all which contained great SP components that were highly influential in my decision to purchase on day 1.

I'm getting my arse handed to me in MWR MP haha. Been a long time. Need that UAV jammer at rank 11!

Same, I was always a healthy 1.50 - 2.00 kdr in the original game, I'm actually struggling to maintain anything above a 0.80 in this lol, part of it is down to my reactions being a lot slower, the other part of it down to me not giving a ****e anymore as long as I'm having the craic, an outlook I'm sure my 17 year old self would have scoffed at back in the day when playing CoD religiously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

goon_magee wrote: »
    Extremely narrow minded viewpoint, I know plenty of people who love FPS, but don't enjoy multiplayer in the slightest. Lack of a good SP campaign can, IMO at least, hurt enjoyment of a game. You only need look at the reception that lack of a campaign recieved in games like Evolve, Battlefront, and the original Titanfall to know that campaigns are important.

Some of the best gaming experiences of all time have been FPS single player. I mean even this year we've had Doom, BF1 and Titanfall, all which contained great SP components that were highly influential in my decision to purchase on day 1.
    Narrow minded ������

The last campaign I played and finished was bad company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I agree if it's included why not but who would let that influence a purchase on a fps?

That's an extremely short sighted belief. A good single player campaign lets players get used to the handling of the game and provides a feel for how to play the game. Otherwise you have novice players who go straight into MP and get their backsides absolutely handed to them so badly that they have no interest in playing.

Battlefield 1 has a fantastic single player campaign that whilst short, gives players the ability to try out tanks and planes etc in the comfort of a not overly demanding campaign whereas in multiplayer you'd be shot down or blown up within seconds if you try and find your feet.

Also, a good single player campaign is enjoyable.

Narrow minded ������

The last campaign I played and finished was bad company.

Yep narrow minded in that you seem to think nobody takes campaigns into account when buying a game. Just because you stopped completing campaigns with BC2, doesn't mean the rest of the gaming world all suddenly went, "feck this, campaigns don't matter at all".

Not saying you are wrong to not care about them, that's your choice, but yes, it is narrow minded to assume nobody else does.

Anyway enjoy the game!

• Advertisement

Yep narrow minded in that you seem to think nobody takes campaigns into account when buying a game. Just because you stopped completing campaigns with BC2, doesn't mean the rest of the gaming world all suddenly went, "feck this, campaigns don't matter at all".

Not saying you are wrong to not care about them, that's your choice, but yes, it is narrow minded to assume nobody else does.

Anyway enjoy the game!
    I never said nobody cares about campaigns though I'm said who would let that be a deciding factor on whether or not buy the game.

I'm very undecided on it tbh but it's more to do with waiting for gamers reviews on iw.

First time I think I ever did that with codes but it looks terrible imo.

Mw looks amazingly good though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I would because I only play the campaign.
    Which has the longer campaign?
    Battlefield 1 or Infinite Warfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Loving the MW multiplayer but some of these maps are plain awful. It reminds me of why I hated MW2 so much. Maps perfectly designed to camp with just stacks upon stacks of houses. If you don't use a long range weapon on half of them you're screwed. Last few maps people were just waiting for me to come around a corner and kill me.

I ended up playing a bit of the IW multiplayer which in all honesty seemed OK to me and the zombie mode which was lots of fun.

Modern warfare will be downloaded by tomorrow. Looking forward to that.

Even before the campaign there's quite a bit of content.

Edit ... It's all insanely chaotic in comparison to destiny. That's not necessarily a bad thing. For me it's probably gonna be more of a pick up an play for an hour kinda game versus Destiny I'll play for an hour and end up playing until 3am kinda game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Any figures being released on sales yet? Purposely refused to buy it this time as i was sick of the fake space jumping crap. Only wanted the remaster so I'm hoping they will sell it separately eventually. My guess though is that sales are down

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Got the Legacy edition for 80 euros in Argos. GameStop are charging 100 euros!!!! are they having a laugh?

Gonna be a day or 2 before I get up and running with the remastered, my broadband is really poor and it's taken me 10 hours just to download the update for Infinite Warfare.

Once that's done i'll get downloading the remastered.

I get ignored as usual.
    Forget this, this is useless.
    Typical bs from boards my question gets ignored and people move onto their own irrelevant junk.
    I'm done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I get ignored as usual.
    Typical bs from boards my question gets ignored and people move onto their own irrelevant junk.
    I'm done.

People talk about what they wanna talk about, its the nature of boards as a discussion site.

The game is only out, most people who have both games will not be able to answer that because they haven't completed it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I get ignored as usual.
    I'm done.

No need to throw the toys out of the pram. I missed your question- if you want to post it again I'll do my best to answer it.
    but with your comment I'm not gonna go look for it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say IW's campaign is longer. BF seems very short as it's segmented into different war theatres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

I get ignored as usual.
    I'm done.

Avoid the motors forum then in that case. Then you know all about it :D

To answer your question though IW probably. Battlefield 1 campaign was quite short which is a pity because it was very decent.

I get ignored as usual.
    I'm done.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

My kids don't throw strops like this classic boards meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

The matchmaking seems to be an issue ATM with TDM. I'm continuously getting paired with players around my level (1-8) against a group of around 20+ to near prestige. I can understand some clans might be on but I've yet to be paired with anything differently. My win percentage is 20%. Making it very hard to get anything going with the enemies killstreaks. Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Damage seems like Ghosts - instant death and SMG sucks so far. Lots of camping and quick scoping.
    Gameplay defo slightly different

batman_oh wrote: »
    Damage seems like Ghosts - instant death and SMG sucks so far. Lots of camping and quick scoping.
    Gameplay defo slightly different

That's what threw me in the beta, I can get over the jumpy nonsense and all other problems but the kill times are downright ridiculous.

• Advertisement

The matchmaking seems to be an issue ATM with TDM. I'm continuously getting paired with players around my level (1-8) against a group of around 20+ to near prestige. I can understand some clans might be on but I've yet to be paired with anything differently. My win percentage is 20%. Making it very hard to get anything going with the enemies killstreaks. Anyone else experience this?

I've definitely noticed uneven matchmaking, frequently coming up against teams with much higher levels.

I'm not having much luck with the multiplayer in general though at the moment, just constantly getting wiped out. I'm no FPS expert but I can generally hold my own in CoD, however this time I'm struggling to even break even kdr and am constantly on the losing team.

I get the feeling this is going to turn into a CoD that purely appeals to the die hard fans of the advanced movement system. Just out of a game where the top player on the opposition team had 63 kills and 4 deaths, who was literally in the air every time I saw him. I mean fair play and all and I respect the skill and time put in to get to that stage, but coupled with the short TTK it's making the game brutally inaccessible to filthy casuals like myself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

In fairness I thought you where asking a rhetorical question with the long
    pause indicated by the

returns.

Which has the better quality campaign is what you want to be asking. Will never play IW so I can't answer but BF1's campaign although short has some great moments that have a lot replay value.

I've seen a figure of 4 hours for the Battlefield 1 campaign.
    That is way too short.
    Is Infinite warfare any longer than that?
    To be honest I'm fed up of short campaigns.
    I used to buy Call of Duty every year but I'd be finished it in a couple of days.
    I'm sick of that.
    There's no value in that.
    I thought the story in Black Ops 3 was complete rubbish.
    It was the worst story that they ever came up with in a Call of Duty game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So have to say really enjoying Infinate warfare multiplayer, maps are pretty good weapons are balanced rigs are ok TTK seems about right nonnection seems rock solid no laggy games so far, movement system seems fine a lot more polished effort the IW's last effort Ghosts and I think this plays just as well as Blops3. Again that is all imho. Also think Zombies is good fun. Love the 80's tracks playing in the background and the Hoff Dejaying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I've seen a figure of 4 hours for the Battlefield 1 campaign.
    That is way too short.
    Is Infinite warfare any longer than that?
    To be honest I'm fed up of short campaigns.
    I used to buy Call of Duty every year but I'd be finished it in a couple of days.
    I'm sick of that.
    There's no value in that.
    I thought the story in Black Ops 3 was complete rubbish.
    It was the worst story that they ever came up with in a Call of Duty game.

The Battlefield 1 campaign is indeed very short at around 5 hours (for me) which included having to replay some parts over and over due to how murderous certain sections were. While the story was handled with respect considering the setting it just didn't click with me at all due to swapping characters every chapter.

Watched a mate playing the first couple of missions in IW and it looked epic. It had all the usual over the top action sequences COD campaigns do so well but the variation in going from ground to space and back to ground works really well and I was more entertained just watching the gameplay than i was playing the BF1 single player mission myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know if the Legacy Edition on PS4 comes with MW Remastered code or is it built to disk?...

Like will the code be fit to be used and I could enjoy MW multiplayer and trade in IW if I don't like it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know if the Legacy Edition on PS4 comes with MW Remastered code or is it built to disk?...

Like will the code be fit to be used and I could enjoy MW multiplayer and trade in IW if I don't like it?

https://www.callofduty.com/modern-warfare-remastered
    *At launch, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered will contain only 10 MP maps from the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game. Additional MP maps will be made available by 12/31/2016. Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game download. Internet connection required. For disc-based Legacy editions of Infinite Warfare on PS4 and Xbox One, Infinite Warfare game disc must be inserted to play Modern Warfare Remastered. Internet connection required. For more information, please visit www.callofduty.com/MWR_FAQ.

They know what you're up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

If they allowed modern warfare to just be a download before they release it separately, then even less people would be playing infinite warfare :pac:

https://youtu.be/EeF3UTkCoxY

Think the amount of thumbs down says it all for this reveal trailer. I had a preorder down for the Legacy edition until I found out you needed the disc in the drive to play remastered. That stunt was pulled only a month ago because they know damn well that most folks would just sell IW straight away. Put me straight off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

That the disc was needed for MW? Think thats been known longer than a month.

it was around the 3rd or 4th of October that the gaming sites ran the news on the disc requirement so it was pretty much a month ago.

On another note has anyone heard anything about why the leaderboards are still not up for IW? Have checked around online but can't find anything on it anywhere.

It was about a month ago when I'd seen some article about it. It could have been sooner but I cant find any news anywhere sooner than October 3rd?? You'd think it would have been crystal clear months ago but me thinks the developers knew how people felt about IW and tied MW to the disc to boost sales.

it was around the 3rd or 4th of October that the gaming sites ran the news on the disc requirement so it was pretty much a month ago.

On another note has anyone heard anything about why the leaderboards are still not up for IW? Have checked around online but can't find anything on it anywhere.

Kinda happy they're not up

Kinda happy they're not up

ha yeah I actually agree, I rather not knowing just how bad I'm doing, was more just interested as it seems an odd ommission for a CoD game at launch.

ha yeah I actually agree, I rather not knowing just how bad I'm doing, was more just interested as it seems an odd ommission for a CoD game at launch.

I've gone from a 0.09% k/d in my first game to 0.65% a few hours later.

No matter what way you cut it though its ****ing shocking!!

• Advertisement

I've gone from a 0.09% k/d in my first game to 0.65% a few hours later.

No matter what way you cut it though its ****ing shocking!!

Would say Im roughly the same, having an awful hard time with it! There is a couple of maps I seem to fair alright on, but then something overly small like Frontier comes up and I get minced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Remastered modern warfare is ghosts with MW maps. Nothing like original - just camping garbage central

batman_oh wrote: »
    Remastered modern warfare is ghosts with MW maps. Nothing like original - just camping garbage central

Mechanically the game is the exact same. Years of knowledge has just changed how the game is played. people know where you're going to spawn and when.

In all honesty I don't personally find it any worse than the original release. Certain maps were terrible for camping back then as well, Crossfire and Bog and for instance have always been havens for campers and still are today.

Really enjoying the campaign of IW. Was sceptical at first when it was announced last year when i heard it was set in Space but after playing it id rate up there with MW series and Blops 1 & 2. Not to keen on the online though.

It didnt take me long to realise that one of the characters in it is Dano from Love Hate (the ira lad). Also seen Mcgregor as well :D

I really do hope though that next year CoD returns to a historic era of some sort. It will be 9 years next year since there was a WW2 game. And while at the same time i would love to see them remaster MW 2 & 3 part of me thinks that it would just be another cash cow tatic of milking money out of gamers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I get ignored as usual.
    I'm done.

Stop your crying will ye

ibCa6iR.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Almost decided to get the game till I saw this. Would people agree?
    Plays like the original for me! I would never compare it to Ghosts it's a like for like copy almost of the original flaws and all.

Ghosts is nowhere comparable to MW or the remastered version. It plays exactly the same as the original, nothing has been tweaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

no , it plays like how i remembered the original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭finglashoop

What are the sales like? Only interested in the remaster so am holding off. How long before its released on its own

• Advertisement

Its only speculation thats its been released on its own eventually.

Advertisement