Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend Archiect North Cork/South Tipp

• 30-03-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi
    Looking for advice/recommendations for an Architect in North Cork or South Tipp area for a self build project.
    Our budget is low and was just going to buy plans from an online site but as we are unsure about site suitability (choice of 2 sites but both have faults...1 near powerlines and may be issue with road access although great views! & other is close to farm yard/bit of draw uphill for machines)
    So hoping an architect will help us chose best site or see another suitable spot. Plus get initial plans for build of likely bunglow or dormer.

Googled but nothing stood out.
    Please PM any good contacts.thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Hi OP,

I can't help you with regards to the recommendation but I can assure you that you have taken the right path. The chances of plans bought online meeting all of the Irish building regulations, meeting the requirements of the local planners and being sufficient in detail for construction are slim to none. I'd think you'd end up wasting most of the money you spent going that direction.

There's plenty of local architects, technicians and engineers operating in most areas in Ireland so get a few quotes (and word of mouth recommendations) and go from there.

Advertisement