Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard Recommendation for 4th gen intel cpu

Options
  • 30-03-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all,
    Does anyone have any good recommendations for a cheap motherboard that can take a fourth gen chip. The chip I have is the i5 - 4690k . I will be putting a graphic card into the new motherboard aswell.

Thanks for your help I looked online and there are so many motherboards that I wouldn't know which to get. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Hi all,
    Does anyone have any good recommendations for a cheap motherboard that can take a fourth gen chip. The chip I have is the i5 - 4690k . I will be putting a graphic card into the new motherboard aswell.

Thanks for your help I looked online and there are so many motherboards that I wouldn't know which to get. :D

Well ideally a z97 board . Cheap one be about 83 euro. you could go with a lesser board but with the k cheap the z one be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Any Z97 board. As Sterling says they go from about €80 to well over €100, you don't need an expensive one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you really want to waste money/not overclock the CPU, go H81/B85.

Advertisement