Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW peeps - need advice, have codes.

• 30-03-2016 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭

Following codes from Wurth WOW, not VCDS.
    Not sure if this is DIY or not - I'm guessing VCDS will be needed to code in any replacement door electronics. Feel free to move mods.

Passat 2006 TDI

Parking/extra heater/electrically powered heater
    00361 Heater element auxiliary heater
    Faulty. Permanent.

Red Herring? Is this some cold climate option we don't get?
    Not tooo bothered by it until one of the experts here tells me I should worry about it.

Drum roll please, I guess these should be a familiar face:
    Driver door electronics:
    01552 CDSL-motor
    Circuit failure.Intermittent.
    00928 Switch central locking driver side; das implausible signal
    Faulty signal. Permanent.

Drivers door will not unlock with central locking. Must be opened from inside. Cannot central lock/unlock car from switch on driver door.
    New door module needed + coding?
    New central locking switch needed?

Rear driver side also goosed. But the following code looks like front passenger:

Passenger door electronics:
    00106 Signal central locking SAFE/LOCK, passenger side
    Faulty signal.Intermittent.

So, a plethora of door electronics faults. Yes, I can look them up and get a formal list of possible causes and fixes but I'm hoping someone who has seen a similar collection of faults can give me the informal version of what has gone wrong here and how to get things working cheapish.

Airbag
    00654 Squib circuit, belt tensioner, driver side
    Below lower regulation limit threshold. Intermittent
    Short circuit to ground. Intermittent.

2nd hand pretensioner fitted already by someone else in an attempt to fix this. But to me it looks like a wiring problem, fix maybe as simple as some heatshrink (I'll be verrrrry careful, I promise)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

No deeper meaning to this individual codes other than many individual pieces being fawked?
    I was hoping someone could say, "yeah this one module fails and causes 4 or 5 of those codes", or "just needs to be wiggled a bit and some contact cleaner".

I'm beginning to think VW electronics problems, especially doors, are not as prevalent as I was led to believe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

For the door ones, check the cabling between the chassis & the door. I had something similar with an Audi. Sometimes the window would go down & not up, the driver door didn't always lock with the remote. It turned out the wiring loom between the chassis & door had a few broken wires that would work intermittently. Replaced the cable & no issues since.

Thanks Paddy, was that a big job? Door cards off and bit of rooting under dash to get at the ends of the cable? Or did you just repair it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Airbag
    00654 Squib circuit, belt tensioner, driver side
    Below lower regulation limit threshold. Intermittent
    Short circuit to ground. Intermittent.

Sounds like a bad earth? Corrosion, loose connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

I got Audi to do it, looked into it the issue & found that wiring becomes weak & brittle because of the constant bending of the loom when door is opened & closed.
    Apparently it's common on VAG & inevitable it's going to break at some stage, there were 2 cars in at the same time as mine for the exact same issue.

• Advertisement

paddy wrote: »
    I got Audi to do it, looked into it the issue & found that wiring becomes weak & brittle because of the constant bending of the loom when door is opened & closed.
    Apparently it's common on VAG & inevitable it's going to break at some stage, there were 2 cars in at the same time as mine for the exact same issue.

Nice one. Yeah, I had picked up some notion that the door electronics gave trouble, so I was surprised you were the only person to offer advice!

Add a fudged windos regulator and an electronic steering lock to the list and that car is starting to look like a write off!

Advertisement