Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to live working in Swords and Citywest

Options
  • 30-03-2016 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Currently working in Swords and the SO may soon be working in Citywest. We have one car between us and wondering where the best place to live would be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

With one car, you'd probably need to be living within walking distance of one of your places of work, I know for sure that Swords is pretty badly served by public transport (no train/luas, and the buses that go to Swords are ridiculous). Not sure about Citywest.

either way, you'll be paying tolls on the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

CityWest is served by the Luas and until the recent industrial action, was extremely reliable! I go to Tallaght regularly but not to CityWest, so perhaps somebody who is more familiar with City West can give better advise of City West itself.
    I think somewhere on/near the luas line for your OH and easy access to the M50 for you,might work. You will still be paying out a bit in transport costs though.
    Would you consider around Kilmainham ( near the Heuston Luas or Suir Rd luas stop). Inchicore Village ( Blackhorse stop) There are also apartments at the Red Cow end of Monestery Rd in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Saggart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Hi OP,

What sort of buget do you have and what type of property are you looking for?

Certain areas might be ruled out on cost alone.

Somewhere around D15 would be fairest I suppose, but might not work with only one car.

Advertisement