Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Artisan' cottages - What are they like to live in?

Options
  • 30-03-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any experience of living in those small (c.36m2) artisan workers cottages? Are they really cramped or did you get used to it? Much noise from neighbours? Could you do everything you wanted to do?
    We are a couple in our 30s with a small dog.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Would this not be a completely subjective experience dependent on each individual and their needs?

I currently live in (approx) 80m2 apartment with my partner and 2 cats and we havent an iota of space.

Literally I am at the point where I have to throw something out if I want to buy something new for the apartment. Even clothes, shoes etc I have to throw out a pair to buy a pair because we are so crammed in.

A lot of this is down to our individual hobbies and interests which take up room, plus the accumulated clutter of a decade together.

Some people do not hoard "stuff" - we do. I suspect we will expand to fit any space we live in.

If you dont, then perhaps the artisan cottage will suit you.

Advertisement