Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card cancellation with no Irish account

Options
  • 30-03-2016 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi 

I'm trying to cancel my BOI credit card. I rang the customer care number and was told it was no problem to cancel it but I'd need to pay the €30 stamp duty, however I was told you cannot take payments from a sterling debit card. I don't have an Irish account anymore, I closed my BOI at Christmas as I live abroad and don't use it anymore. I was told I can't cancel my credit card without paying the fee but you won't accept my sterling debit/credit cards. I can't send a cheque as I don't have a euro cheque book nor can I visit a branch. 

How can I cancel my credit card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

biZrb wrote: »
    Hi 

I'm trying to cancel my BOI credit card. I rang the customer care number and was told it was no problem to cancel it but I'd need to pay the €30 stamp duty, however I was told you cannot take payments from a sterling debit card. I don't have an Irish account anymore, I closed my BOI at Christmas as I live abroad and don't use it anymore. I was told I can't cancel my credit card without paying the fee but you won't accept my sterling debit/credit cards. I can't send a cheque as I don't have a euro cheque book nor can I visit a branch. 

How can I cancel my credit card?
    Hi biZrb, thanks for getting in touch.

If you check with your UK bank they may be able to arrange a money transfer to your credit card for the amount due. You can get more information including the BIC and IBAN which you may need for your transfer here.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement