Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprayed lawn with roundup & then spread seed

Options
  • 30-03-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi

I Sprayed lawn with roundup & then the next day I spread the lawn seed - it has got lots of rain since. Will the grass seed grow or should I have waited 10 days before spreading it ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

harry999 wrote: »
    Hi

I Sprayed lawn with roundup & then the next day I spread the lawn seed - it has got lots of rain since. Will the grass seed grow or should I have waited 10 days before spreading it ? Thanks

That's mad ted, why would you kill your lawn and then spread new seed on the same day, were you bored or something???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

think you should have definitely waited.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

grass seed needs good contact with the soil; you didn't mention if you did anything to rotovate or otherwise ensure the seed can actually get that contact easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

harry999 wrote: »
    Hi

That stuff is deadly to life I would not put that nature poison on my land and have anyone I love sit on the grass.

What where you aiming to achieve ? there must have been a better way to get to the results you wanted.

Advertisement