Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Query

• 30-03-2016 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi I am looking for a piece of guidance if possible,before i determine my next course of action.

I have different pensions etc from previous roles. However in my current role, i received a company pension with a 10% company contribution and a 3% employee contribution.

i took up my current role in November 2014 via an internal promotion and it took 11 months for my contract to be resolved until the end of september 2015- it all related to my pension and the contribution.

As this delay was entirely the fault of the hr director and their slow or lack of response times - i put the following scenario to the company - their pay their part of the contribution for the 11 months, however they wave me paying mine for the same period i.e. they pay their 10% but for their delay they wave me paying my 3% for the same period as i should not have to find 3% of my salary for 11 months - either gross or net it is a lot of money for someone else's mistake. I was not looking for them to pay my contribution also, which i feel I could be entitled to, as the delay was 100% related to the hr director.

they have reverted advising i have to pay my 3% for the back dating as their final position.

Is there any pensions professional's that can advise on such scenarios. I am considering pursuing a legal letter on same. would appreciate any guidance or feedback. thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

To be honest I think what they are offering is perfectly reasonable, maybe they could take 6% until you cover the shortfall?

Advertisement