Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaxxed Docu Robert De Niro U Turn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

ANDREW WAKEFIELD BREAKS SILENCE ON VACCINE VIOLENCE AGAINST CHILDREN AND CDC COVERUP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=titN2bZYlUU

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Would you be waiting to give these as you are in the circumstances I explained earlier. If polio was currently prevalent and if the other disease were currently prevalent and there was a high likelihood of your children contracting these diseases (as there was in the past) due to there being no herd immunity.... Would you be waiting until after your child was 3 to be giving them these vaccinations?

If the risks where higher of course I would vaccinate. We in the western world are lucky that the vaccines have done a great job. Bring risk down so low that it is almost the same as vaccine related side effects. way lower the 1% for any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

gar32 wrote: »
    If the risks where higher of course I would vaccinate. We in the western world are lucky that the vaccines have done a great job. Bring risk down so low that it is almost the same as vaccine related side effects. way lower the 1% for any problems.

Gosh Lazygal was very right. You really are piggybacking on other children's immunity. Can't you see that's a terrible thing to do? Can't you see that if a large amount of people do what you are doing you will just be reversing all the good that has taken decades to do!? You have literally just said yourself that you would vaccinate if the likelihood of your child getting a disease was higher. Can't you see you could/will be contributing to these diseases getting out of hand again in the future. Your child may be ok... But what about your children's children?? Or their children. Or the little immunocompromised babies and elderly that you are putting at risk.

What a disgustingly selfish attitude to have. Your children won't thank you if their babies are put at risk, become disabled or perhaps die because polio or some other disease becomes an epidemic in 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

ANDREW WAKEFIELD BREAKS SILENCE ON VACCINE VIOLENCE AGAINST CHILDREN AND CDC COVERUP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=titN2bZYlUU

ffs :rolleyes:

prodisease.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

OK, so let's keep this on the original point.

That movie is a stream of propaganda for Wakefield in the guise of having a debate. Let's be clear about this: the debate happened, his results were carefully examined and found to be fraudulent and he was ultimately struck off for doing stuff a doctor should never do in a million years. And all for a bag of money from lawyers who wanted him to fabricate evidence against vaccine makers.

So there's nothing whatsoever to debate, and this can only be an attempt for Wakefield to maintain his figurehead status as leader of the anti-vax movement and, presumably, convert that into cash.

If you want to read about the discussion, do real research. Instead of reading stupid stuff from lunatic fringe sites. Read what the real researchers have published: cold hard facts, no emotion whatsoever. You'll find that in journals like Nature, the Journal of the American Medical Association, and so on. This site lists medical journals according to their quality, i.e. the most trustworthy, so that's where you should get your information, not the internet.

You spoke about delaying immunizations citing three diseases, but you're being quite naive about these:
    • Polio has made a recent resurgence because folk won't vaccinate against it, mainly in Arabic countries where it's claimed that it's a plot by the Americans to kill their children, and in Africa where they claim it's the cause of AIDS.
    • Diphtheria is everywhere nowadays, so don't think it's an unusual disease
    • Measles is booming again, despite being declared as eradicated in 2000 by the CDC, but the anti-vaxxers killed that one off.
    You mention avoiding MMR - rubella and mumps are common causes of infertility among women and men respectively, so I'm guessing you're not too interested in grandchildren.

You are, of course, taking responsibility for your own children and I suppose that's your right as a parent, although I think you're walking close to child abuse. However, what is utterly unacceptable is the threat your children pose to the rest of society. People who have had cancer or transplants or for whatever medical reason cannot be vaccinated are threatened by their very existence.

In short you are a self-centered, inconsiderate, ill-informed threat to society - keep your children indoors, please and do not allow them contact with normal folk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Unless you keep your children at home 24/7, you don't actually know what the risk is. The recent measles outbreaks in the US (over 600 confirmed cases in 2015*) were caused by disease-carrying children visiting the country. In 2011, those diseased children came from France. Can you be sure that your children are not going to cross paths with any French child in the near future?

(versus approximately 100 suspected adverse vaccine reactions in 10 years. Of course you'll know this from reading the CDC information, which makes it all the more peculiar that you're opting out of the safer protocol. A bit like choosing to drive somewhere instead of fly because you're scared of dying in a plane crash ... )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I'd feel like a proper muppet if I bought into Wakefield's nonsense.

Imagine being so bowled over by someone already exposed as a fraud, exposed as profiteering from his erroneous studies, so easily swayed by confirmation bunkum read online that you would risk your own children's health and the health of other children, potentially fatally.

I suppose the last thing you'd want to do after realising you were an irresponsible, gullible, fake-koolaid drinker is own up to it.

My sympathies.

bpmurray wrote: »
    OK, so let's keep this on the original point.

That movie is a stream of propaganda for Wakefield in the guise of having a debate. Let's be clear about this: the debate happened, his results were carefully examined and found to be fraudulent and he was ultimately struck off for doing stuff a doctor should never do in a million years. And all for a bag of money from lawyers who wanted him to fabricate evidence against vaccine makers.

So there's nothing whatsoever to debate, and this can only be an attempt for Wakefield to maintain his figurehead status as leader of the anti-vax movement and, presumably, convert that into cash.

If you want to read about the discussion, do real research. Instead of reading stupid stuff from lunatic fringe sites. Read what the real researchers have published: cold hard facts, no emotion whatsoever. You'll find that in journals like Nature, the Journal of the American Medical Association, and so on. This site lists medical journals according to their quality, i.e. the most trustworthy, so that's where you should get your information, not the internet.

You spoke about delaying immunizations citing three diseases, but you're being quite naive about these:
    • Polio has made a recent resurgence because folk won't vaccinate against it, mainly in Arabic countries where it's claimed that it's a plot by the Americans to kill their children, and in Africa where they claim it's the cause of AIDS.
    • Diphtheria is everywhere nowadays, so don't think it's an unusual disease
    You mention avoiding MMR - rubella and mumps are common causes of infertility among women and men respectively, so I'm guessing you're not too interested in grandchildren.

You are, of course, taking responsibility for your own children and I suppose that's your right as a parent, although I think you're walking close to child abuse. However, what is utterly unacceptable is the threat your children pose to the rest of society. People who have had cancer or transplants or for whatever medical reason cannot be vaccinated are threatened by their very existence.

In short you are a self-centered, inconsiderate, ill-informed threat to society - keep your children indoors, please and do not allow them contact with normal folk.

What are you reading ?

polio Only 3 countries in the world have it. none within 2000 KM of me & my children.

Diphtheria is not every where ? 2 children in the EU have died from it in the last year with very few cases killing in over 20 years in Europe.

Measles I had it all my family had it you most likely had it. In Africa it kills but here in EU 1 death from over a 1000's cases in Berlin. The child was also with other sicknesses. Stop the fear. It's was bad in the world but vaccines have stop that. risk is very low this should be about the movie.

No one has seen the movie its not released yet. I would just like to see if it sheds new light on the issue or at least let people talk about it in a real fashion. Not a panic ever child is going to die way.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fb/2d/a7/fb2da7124df85db222f0da28adbdb46e.jpg

Vaccines have done so good a job I can consider not having to vaccinate my kids. If there was a need or the risk was greater I would not think twice. I am not a fool I just want the best for my kids. Out of 6 years between them my son was sick twice for a few days. I am very luck. I just want the vaccines to be improved to 99.999%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

It's was bad in the world but vaccines have stop that.
    Now I'm just confused. You say measles doesn't kill many people because vaccines stopped it. And so because less people are dying from measles that means measles isn't that dangerous so no point vaccinating?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fb/2d/a7/fb2da7124df85db222f0da28adbdb46e.jpg

Vaccines have done so good a job I can consider not having to vaccinate my kids. If there was a need or the risk was greater I would not think twice. I am not a fool I just want the best for my kids. Out of 6 years between them my son was sick twice for a few days. I am very luck. I just want the vaccines to be improved to 99.999%

You're piggy backing off other kids. So it's grand for other kids to get vaccinated so that your kids don't catch any of the diseases the others are vaccinated against.

My kids are vaccinated. They are never sick. They've all had max 3 antibiotics in their life.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Some dudes be bat sh*t crazy! Non-vaccinating = disgusting. Documovie = waste of money which should have been donated to supply vaccines to children of said bat sh*t crazy dudes and children in third world countries or something!

Bat. Sh*t. Crazy.

Talk about crazy

Watch this but listen to the last sentences from the expert on vaccines.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2015/09/16/donald_trump_suggested_vaccines_cause_autism_during_the_cnn_gop_debate_he.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Talk about crazy

Watch this but listen to the last sentences from the expert on vaccines.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2015/09/16/donald_trump_suggested_vaccines_cause_autism_during_the_cnn_gop_debate_he.html

Expert on vaccines??? Ben Carson is a retired neurosurgeon who has entered into politics, also happens to be a republican and conincidentally recently endorsed Donald Trump in his candidacy. Just listening to trumps ridiculous ramblings in that video should be enough to raise flags for anti vaxers.

Come on....

Digs wrote: »
    Come on....

It is very poor trolling......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

It is very poor trolling......

I realised after biting the bait :D

I realised after biting the bait :D
    Just be glad stupidity isnt contagious:P

I am just showing the many sides of this issue. Dead children is never good. I am not asking anyone to believe me. Just to read more about it then they have.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/we-may-finally-know-why-flu-vaccine-triggered-narcolepsy

Just 1 case where vaccine are not perfect and there are many more proven payments made to families. There is a fund for people effected badly by vaccines. Why? because the sometimes side effect are life changing.

I am sad to say.

Expert on vaccines??? Ben Carson is a retired neurosurgeon who has entered into politics, also happens to be a republican and conincidentally recently endorsed Donald Trump in his candidacy. Just listening to trumps ridiculous ramblings in that video should be enough to raise flags for anti vaxers.

Come on....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

Had a great career until he said something bad about vaccines. Why can't questions be asked? Why are people in great fear of people asking for more information on vaccines and what they do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

There is no fear of asking how vaccines work. There are oodles of papers, courses which can be taken, carton inserts on the packaging with numbers to call. The FDA have enormous powers under FDASIA, I cannot think of another sector which is more heavily regulated or inpected than healthcare.

I have no objection to information, but I do object to fraud. Fraud in medicine is morally wrong. It is fundamentally against my values.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am just showing the many sides of this issue. Dead children is never good. I am not asking anyone to believe me. Just to read more about it then they have.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/we-may-finally-know-why-flu-vaccine-triggered-narcolepsy

Just 1 case where vaccine are not perfect and there are many more proven payments made to families. There is a fund for people effected badly by vaccines. Why? because the sometimes side effect are life changing.

I am sad to say.

If you read the inserts that go into over the counter medicines or prescripton medicines, the side effects of those can be equally as damaging, probably with similar statistics.But majority of people will not question taking an antibiotic prescribed to them if they are sick.

Vaccines have been around in some form since year dot, literally.They are proven and effective.There is simply not an argument for not vaccinating.None.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Measles I had it all my family had it you most likely had it. In Africa it kills but here in EU 1 death from over a 1000's cases in Berlin. The child was also with other sicknesses. Stop the fear. It's was bad in the world but vaccines have stop that. risk is very low this should be about the movie.

I really don't want to get in to a debate with you because your mind is made up and no-one is going to change it and I really hope for your childrens sake things stay good for you.

But I need to point out in relation to your comment about measles killing very few children. Measles doesn't always kill. Do your stats tell you how many children end up in wheelchairs, deaf, blind or with other debilitating problems?

I have a family member who is in a wheelchair due to measles. Perfectly healthy 8 year old, got a very mild case of measles and never walked again. This was back in the 80's when there was mass hysteria about vaccinations.

I myself had whopping cough as a child. I remember it vividly and I was only 3. I would never in a million year inflict that on my child or anyone. Whopping cough has made a huge comeback due to many reasons. You are right, one of the reasons it has come back it due to the fact boosters are required after 20 years. This is only coming to light now but why would inflict this horrendous disease on your child?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I think that our generation have rarely seen the effects of these diseases so we tend to think "measels, meh, be grand" We are lucky that children dying from preventable disease is rare. Children dying from incurable disease is pretty rare. So we are insulated in our little bubble, safe in the knowledge that it happens to other people's children, not ours. Not their little friends.

But our parents and grandparents saw the aftermath of those diseases when they went about. Childhood diseases wiped out siblings. They returned to school after the summer holidays and maybe one or two of their little classmates didn't. They all had friends who couldn't join in any more playing with their friends, because they were disabled - they were in a wheelchair or deaf or blind or would later be sterile. And they were the 'lucky' ones - they survived. Previous generations must be utterly baffled that we choose to endanger our children's lives this way.

It's very easy when you have a child born healthy to take that for granted. It's easy to not fear any of these diseases when you yourself were vaccinated as a child by a responsible adult and are highly unlikely to contract them. Easy to decide to play God with your children's life when the worst you'll likely experience is teething solved with calpol. But if you know someone who has sat beside their child's bed in Paediatric, watching their little one battle an illness or condition they have, you'd think very differently about vaccines. I've seen family children battle for their lives with existing conditions, and have had more pain in one year than an Anti-Vaxxer parent would have in their entire lives. These are the children that the herd immunity is supposed to protect.

But it's like everything in this life. You can tell a lot about a person by the way the consider the most vulnerable in our society- and usually these are the very ones who are unlikely to survive preventable diseases or come away with yet another permanent health issue on top of their existing one. So I'd tell you what I think of Anti-Vaxxers, but I'd probably have to ban myself tbh. They have zero consideration for our children yet are happy to put their lives at risk. No doubt if their children did contract something that could have been vaccinated against, they would blame Big Pharma or someone else because people like these never blame themselves. When there is an epidemic that they helped cause in our neighbourhood, they'll expect to be the first one in line screaming for a doctor to save thier child from death or permanent disability. They'd never consider that maybe they could have saved them that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 green_rim

Why is death your only concern with these diseases? Measles left me deaf and epileptic. But your kids will be grand because sure you were grand.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Measles I had it all my family had it you most likely had it.

Yes. Everyone gets a milder, survivable version of measles because they are vaccinated against it. Including you.
    In Africa it kills

Because those children have not been vaccinated. Like your children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm just going to leave this here:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

That is the greatest video on the entire internet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

Had a great career until he said something bad about vaccines. Why can't questions be asked? Why are people in great fear of people asking for more information on vaccines and what they do?

From the page you linked

I can find nothing on that pages that mentions vaccines. His medical specialty was neurosurgery. Expecting him to be an immunology expert is the equivalent to expecting a dermatologist to be able to be able to do an oncologists job optimise a chemotherapy regime for a patient.

After medical school, Carson completed his residency in neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.[26] Upon returning to Johns Hopkins in 1984, Carson was appointed the university's Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery.[28] As a surgeon, he specialized in traumatic brain injuries, brain and spinal cord tumors, achondroplasia, neurological and congenital disorders, craniosynostosis, epilepsy, and trigeminal neuralgia.

However, it does seems that it is very good at getting media coverage for being controversial:

• In a 2006 debate, Carson stated: "I don't believe in evolution... I simply don't have enough faith to believe that something as complex as our ability to rationalize, think, and plan, and have a moral sense of what's right and wrong, just appeared."

• In a March 2015 interview with Chris Cuomo, Carson stated he believes homosexuality is a choice

• Advertisement

My children will get vaccines just later for the deadly or life changing diseases. Why do people think I am mad for delaying them?

I feel giving a 3 month old 6 in 1 vaccine is a risk that can be brought down if the child is older. There a real stores behind these ani vax people. Kids who where normal and the parents swear after a vaccine their child changed. Ask any mother who knows their child better?

I disagree with the plan. So many vaccines so fast & early can not be risk free for a young baby. I want safe vaccines not no vaccines.

Do people here not get that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement