Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaxxed Docu Robert De Niro U Turn

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

gar32 wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

Had a great career until he said something bad about vaccines. Why can't questions be asked? Why are people in great fear of people asking for more information on vaccines and what they do?

Linking to Wikipedia to support an argument is lazy at best.

If you really have your children's best interests at heart, get all of them fully vaccinated. I can't believe you would risk their long term health, and the health of others, by being taken for a fool by some struck-off quack and his fantasy based documentary.

The man is a fraud. A proven fraud. He has no credibility. Zero. The only outcome of any documentary involving his participation and/or influence is that it would be a fraudulent sham.

Just because the documentary has Robert de Niro attached to it doesn't give it any kind of credibility either. In fact I'd question it even more. The guy hasn't been in a good movie for the last 20 years! He probably doesn't even know what he's doing, it's like he just walks into random film sets and is like "I'm in this now".

Best case scenario: You get your children vaccinated, and in a few years time you look back on this thread and think to yourself "Ha! Jesus. What was I thinking?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

I feel giving a 3 month old 6 in 1 vaccine is a risk that can be brought down if the child is older.

Has this been studied?
    Is there proof that altering the schedule decreases the side effects but maintains efficacy?

What are the side effects that concern you? AFAIK the standard side effects are local rash, high temperature for a day, stuff like that. So an irritable child for a day or so, but nothing major.

Genuinely interested and not attacking you her.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

My children will get vaccines just later for the deadly or life changing diseases. Why do people think I am mad for delaying them?

I feel giving a 3 month old 6 in 1 vaccine is a risk that can be brought down if the child is older. There a real stores behind these ani vax people. Kids who where normal and the parents swear after a vaccine their child changed. Ask any mother who knows their child better?

I disagree with the plan. So many vaccines so fast & early can not be risk free for a young baby. I want safe vaccines not no vaccines.

Do people here not get that?

Every baby I know who got their vaccines on schedule, had no issues, and have grown up to be healthy, fully functioning children. The one single child that was unable to have vaccines on schedule due to a pre-existing condition was diagnosed with autism before they got any vaccines.

The problem with delaying the schedule, is that your child is at increased risk from those diseases until you vaccinate. And the younger they are, its possible the more harm that disease will cause to their lives. Your children are toddler/ preschool.

I understand you feel there is no risk as there are no documented cases in your locality but we live in a time where long haul travel is pretty common. After the Easter school holidays I'm sure there are plenty of children returning to school /creche after spending the break with either family abroad or family living abroad visiting them. If those areas are in places where these diseases are cropping up all it takes is one kid bringing it back home to our neighbourhood. And its not the far-flung places we have to worry about any more. These diseases are cropping up in the likes of suburban US. In Disneyland. In France. The case in Spain - the little boy with Diphtheria. This was now so rare of a disease in Europe, no country in Europe had any medicine to treat it - they'd to source it in Russia.

You might find this map interesting OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

My children will get vaccines just later for the deadly or life changing diseases. Why do people think I am mad for delaying them?

Because your children might be dead by then. Or seriously disabled. The viruses that cause those deadly or life-changing diseases couldn't give a damn about your concerns: they'll infect any individual if/when the opportunity arises. So serious question: what are you doing in the meantime to make sure that your children don't come into contact with the relevant viruses?

I want safe vaccines not no vaccines.
    OK, so you're the same as everyone else. Except we've got safe vaccines that you don't want to use - what's your definition of "safe" then? (Bearing in mind that a vaccine, by definition, must provoke an immune response in the body vaccinated, otherwise it's useless)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/data/statisticsreport.pdf

Data from people with side effects from vaccines. These being the bad case the one people are will to fight for and I can imagine that there are many more just put down to ah sure that would have happened to the child any way.

There are a group of 5000 children & family's in Poland getting together trying to get compensation after the vaccines crippled or effect there life so much they need full time care. Yes in the scale of million getting vaccines it is small but these peoples life have change for the worse.

Vaccines have done the world a great service just not for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

What are you reading ?
    The WHO data. What are you reading?
    polio Only 3 countries in the world have it. none within 2000 KM of me & my children.
    In the past 12 months: Guinea, Nigeria, Madagascar, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Laos, Myanmar for a total of 33 cases. It's considered endemic in both Pakistan and Afghanistan. We have thousands of visitors from the above countries every month, so it's not that far away at all!
    Diphtheria is not every where ? 2 children in the EU have died from it in the last year with very few cases killing in over 20 years in Europe.
    There were 7324 cases in 2014, almost double the number in 2013 although well down on the almost 30000 cases 20 years ago. Of these there were 35 in Europe. Fatalities are around 10%.
    Measles I had it all my family had it you most likely had it. In Africa it kills but here in EU 1 death from over a 1000's cases in Berlin.
    267582 cases worldwide in 2014, of which 14176 were in Europe. I don't have numbers on deaths, nor those crippled or made blind or otherwise permanently harmed.
    It's was bad in the world but vaccines have stop that. risk is very low this should be about the movie.
    Are you really saying that because vaccines have been successful, we should not vaccinate? That is probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time!
    I would just like to see if it sheds new light on the issue or at least let people talk about it in a real fashion. Not a panic ever child is going to die way.
    I think everyone knows what's in that movie: propaganda for someone who is a convicted crook, liar, fraud, killer of children.

People *have* spoken about it in a real fashion. They have invested millions in doing real research to see if Wakefield's lies contain any truth whatsoever, and they have found nothing to support it. However, they have uncovered the truth about vaccinations - that they are A Good Thing, and that people who oppose them are Bad People, yourself included.

You keep on repeating that you want to hear some discussion, so you need to read this carefully:

THE DISCUSSIONS ARE COMPLETE AND FINISHED: THE PEER_REVIEWED IN-DEPTH RESEARCH HAS SHOWN WITH NO MARGIN OF ERROR THAT VACCINATIONS WORK AND DO NOT HARM CHILDREN.

You need to accept this fact and stop trying to claim that you're doing something right or that there is something worthwhile in that movie.

Here's a nice summary of the research. I challenge you to find reputable research that supports your point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Neyite wrote: »
    The case in Spain - the little boy with Diphtheria. This was now so rare of a disease in Europe, no country in Europe had any medicine to treat it - they'd to source it in Russia.

The poor boy died from it too. Eight of his friends were carrying the disease but none of them developed it, as they were vaccinated. They were kept at home for some time to avoid infecting the 3% of children that now go unvaccinated in their district. Now the parents claim that they were tricked by anti-vaccine groups into believing vaccines were dangerous.
    The whole thing was so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

I couldn't find this earlier - if you want the truth about Wakefield's research, you should read the excellent article by Brian Deer about the investigation and the evidence against him: http://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.c5347.full

I wonder if gar32 wears a seatbelt while driving? They've also been shown to significantly reduce mortality, but now that everyone wears them, it'd probably be OK to drive without one, wouldn't it? Probably don't need child seats in the car either ...

http://www.polioeradication.org/Portals/0/Document/Data&Monitoring/WPV_2011-2016_29MAR.pdf

Odds are good as only 2 countries with wild Polio. All the rest come from Oral polio which is not used in the EU. Let hope is gone within the few years.

• Advertisement

Just reading items like this make me think.

Remember I will be getting some vaccines

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1808316.stm

http://www.arzneitelegramm.de/journal/j_1505_a.php3?

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/806645

I want these to worl and for most people they do.

As I have said vaccines are great but I don't have 100% faith in all there safety.

I just want to be sure the risks as low as they can be.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/tv2-denmark-documentary-on-hpv-vaccine-shows-lives-of-young-women-ruined/

Yet more unnerving news about vaccines & how the ruin lives.
    Are meeting 4 different doctors and getting different answers to the same question. See that they where stored outside in the warm office and Having a talked to many people who also have fear of vaccines. Is it no wonder numbers are falling. I don't want to be bad mouthing vaccines I just want healthy children.

Me being lazy again sorry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaxxed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Just reading items like this make me think.

Remember I will be getting some vaccines

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1808316.stm

http://www.arzneitelegramm.de/journal/j_1505_a.php3?

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/806645

I want these to worl and for most people they do.

As I have said vaccines are great but I don't have 100% faith in all there safety.

I just want to be sure the risks as low as they can be.
    Any chance of replying to the points posters have raised rather than posting any old crap you find from a google search ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/tv2-denmark-documentary-on-hpv-vaccine-shows-lives-of-young-women-ruined/

Are meeting 4 different doctors and getting different answers to the same question. See that they where stored outside in the warm office and Having a talked to many people who also have fear of vaccines. Is it no wonder numbers are falling. I don't want to be bad mouthing vaccines I just want healthy children.

Same website claims that ginger is "10,000 times more effective than chemo", and that turmeric can cure cancer. Er...

EDIT: Looked at the "About us" section. This is the first listed contributor:
    "Brian Shilhavy – Brian Shilhavy is the Managing Editor and Founder of Health Impact News. He has a BA in Bible and Greek from Moody Bible Institute, and an MA in Applied Linguistics from Northeastern Illinois University."

O..k....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

With all these ridiculous links I'm actually beginning to think Gar32 has an agenda here and is trying to sway people (without a brain) into becoming an antivaxer like him/herself.... I just hope no one is falling for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 fishoutofwater

what about Mumps?

Gar are you getting your children vaccinated against mumps?
    I've heard of more mumps cases lately... and my own (young teenager) had it (though a mild version since she's vaccinated).... but yeah it's out there and could be devastating for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 fishoutofwater

what about Mumps?

Gar are you getting your children vaccinated against mumps?
    I've heard of more mumps cases lately... and my own young teenager had it (though a mild version since she's vaccinated).... but yeah it's out there and could be devastating for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

If you want healthy children vaccinate them according to the HSE schedule.

You do realise that the more you search for this stuff, the more Google (and other search engines) will filter the results to present you with the information that they think is "relevant" to you, i.e. feeding you rubbish and hiding anything that contradicts your preconceived ideas?

https://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles?language=en

Of course most of us have already realised that you're only concerned with posting links to the same rubbish and not actually engaging in the discussion you started ... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My levels of frustration reading this thread make me want to scream.

Gar32, you are so lucky. You have healthy kids. You obviously have an agenda here: you believe in vaccination but only in certain ones at certain times with no peer approved research to back it up. The problem is vaccinations need herd immunity. Nobody says they are 100% effective. I know for certain that 3 of S's vaccinations either haven't worked or worked incompletely. The only 3 they checked. I have read most of what you have. Possibly more. There are risks associated with vaccines: side effects etc. Like there are with every single medicine. She might have needed meds after vaccinations, but she's not getting serious illnesses. There was an outbreak of mumps in the local schools here before she could get her MMR. I was literally terrified she would get it. I live in Kerry not some 3rd world country. Mumps can cause meningitis. Encephalitis. Permanent and irreversible deafness. Infertility. It's not a mild illness.
    Why you would choose to take the risk of your kids going through that is just beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Anti-vaxxers make my blood boil. It is a disgusting, selfish, (insert expletive) attitude to have. You don't give a crap about your children's health or the health of society. If you wish to not vaccinate, then get a one way ticket to the moon and stay the hell away from the rest of us. I find it hilarious how some parents think that their "research" is so knowledgable and is far more relevant than years of research by actual medical professionals. You don't know anything about vaccines, unless you actually are in that field.

You say you'll wait til 3 but what happens in the meantime?! You do realise that measles couldn't give a crap about what age your child is and your child could catch it before then? What'll you do if your child gets it and either dies or is left permanently disabled? I'm sure your child will thank you when they are older for being so bloody stupid and careless with their health.

Also, you say countries where certain diseases are occurring are 2,000 miles away. Have you forgotten that we live in an age where there is constant air travel? It only takes one infected person to fly in and spread the disease wherever you live.

I really do :rolleyes: when I hear these pathetic anti-vax excuses. No, you're just taking a major gamble with your child's health and giving the middle finger to the vulnerable in our society. Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I feel giving a 3 month old 6 in 1 vaccine is a risk that can be brought down if the child is older.

The vaccine dose, timing and schedule is tested and studied, proven to be safe and effective.

You are making up your own untested unstudied schedule and just fingies crossed it works. Makes no sense to me.

lazygal wrote: »
    If you want healthy children vaccinate them according to the HSE schedule.

Why is the HSE right? Why are most countries schedule Different? Why do countries give at different times? Why is 1 vaccine banded in Japan but OK for the rest of the world?

I am very happy your worried about children's health. I am not or every will tell some one not to get a vaccine. That is a personal choice where I live. Some countries its not and other countries you have too or face fines. If I was in the 3rd world, eating and surviving would be higher priority but I am not.

I just want to understand the mess that is the world of vaccines. Just looking at the leaflet of any given vaccine would have you asking. Will my child be the 1 in a million or 1 in 100,000 that has the serious problem?

As I said before my children will get vaccines after there blood brain barrier is formed and as many medical neurological experts suggest.

As for Mumps. My children will get the vaccine at around 10 years old if they have not had sickness by then.

The WHO report as an example

http://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/initiative/tools/Hep_B_Vaccine_rates_information_sheet.pdf

Mumps can have a issue but reading NHS does not put the fear of god into me if my children get it. Risk is very low as is the risk with an vaccine.

It's is all about risk and I am trying to lower the risk to my children. The don't go to school or mix with children. We live is a small suburb with 85% of the people over 18. I am not in fear for my children life. The risk are lower then you all feel here.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Mumps/Pages/Introduction.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mumps can have a issue but reading NHS does not put the fear of god into me if my children get it. Risk is very low as is the risk with an vaccine.

It's is all about risk and I am trying to lower the risk to my children. The don't go to school or mix with children. We live is a small suburb with 85% of the people over 18. I am not in fear for my children life. The risk are lower then you all feel here.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Mumps/Pages/Introduction.aspx
    My uncle in law is sterile as a result of a mumps infection.
    My great aunt was deaf, mute and mildly mentally handicapped a a result of a rubella infection as a baby.
    A neighbour of mine is crippled from a polio infection.
    Are those outcomes something you could cope with for your children?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Gar, you say your children don't go to school or mix with other children. Don't they ever go to a supermarket or a doctors waiting room? Dealing with two sick babies the last few days so have been reading and running. Apologies if you've already mentioned their ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Genuine question OP - what kind of medical training do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fb/2d/a7/fb2da7124df85db222f0da28adbdb46e.jpg

Vaccines have done so good a job I can consider not having to vaccinate my kids. If there was a need or the risk was greater I would not think twice. I am not a fool I just want the best for my kids. Out of 6 years between them my son was sick twice for a few days. I am very luck. I just want the vaccines to be improved to 99.999%

Can the rest of us tag your kids so we know where they are and we can avoid the area?

I've never read such nonsense as I have here.

Let's not vaccinate the kids as everyone else has done it soon becomes we need to vaccinate the kids because other people though they shouldn't do it and we have lost herd immunity.

I've seen the effects of polio, its not nice.
    With all the immigrants coming in from 3rd world countries it makes it even more crucial we vacinate our kids to protect them.
    Case in point is TB. It was virtually eradicated in the west. Its now on the rise in Ireland due to the numbers of immigrants we have.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement