Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Lesbaru"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Blue vw passat 1.9 Tdi

The polish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

this will end well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

According to Subaru’s research, lesbians are "four times as likely as their heterosexual counterparts to own a Subaru." But what kind of Subaru? NPR’s Car Talk found the Outback to be the No. 1 car among lesbians, with the Forester coming in second.

Saab was the first to advertise in the gay press, back in 1994

Dafuq, I used to have a Forester and now have a Saab.
    Must be a closet lesbian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

I don't really care what cars they drive in Lesbia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I don't really care what cars they drive in Lesbia

Roads are terrible out there, thats why they need AWD.

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Reads thread title.

Thinks "sure my filthy mind is doing somersaults, certainly it is about a cooperation between Lexus and Subaru!".

Comes in, reads post. Confirms initial suspicion.

Will still expect Subarus to be mostly driven by boy racers, but will never look at them the same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

*mod snip* exclusively drive 6 cylinder BMW's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

Markcheese wrote: »
    Roads are terrible out there, thats why they need AWD.

Mine has 2 WD and 4WD...it goes either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭kyote00

WD40 more like....:P
    Mine has 2 WD and 4WD...it goes either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Funny enough Subaru is a popular brand in Donegal, mostly around the Muff area.

Fiats/Alfas - people who like to live on the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Alfa for people who enjoy long walks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I would have thought this was well known to any petrolhead :confused: - Subaru in the US have marketed their cars at the LGBT community over there for donkey's years. They were targeting that community when civil partnership was only starting to become common in western countries and before marriage equality was even a thing.

I don't see what one's bedroom preferences and/or gender identity have to do with their choice of car anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I would have thought this was well known to anyone with a passing interest in cars :confused: - Subaru in the US have targeted the LGBT community over there for donkey's years. They were targeting that community when civil partnership was only starting to become common in western countries and before marriage equality was even a thing.

I don't see what one's bedroom preferences and/or gender identity have to do with their choice of car anyway.
    As you say, they've been at it for years "get out and stay out", "at least they've got their priorities straight" and various other taglines. Rainbow flags etc in ads.

Meanwhile... back on the ranch, some US forum or 5 are wondering why there are so many VW diesel fetishists in Ireland.

sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I would have thought this was well known to any petrol :confused: - Subaru in the US have marketed their cars at the LGBT community over there for donkey's years.

Looks like they've changed tactics..

Boobs and donuts, what more does a commercial need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Everyone knows it's beer, boobs and donuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I think the way it rolls off the tongue has a lot to do with it.

I would have thought this was well known to any petrol :confused: -.....

Bit of a paradox there kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I have no idea if the wrx ad above is just fanboi spoof or the real deal - I'm not going searching for more info on it during work anyway!

Subaru sponsoring "Asia's Next Top Model" too... should appeal to some of their niche markets in other regions. Geographical regions I mean.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35931747

They are VERY crafty with product placement in the states.
    VrbVseN.jpg

267905_223612271006524_2272629_n.jpg?oh=fd217e38649388154591001acd36bc17&oe=5785B9E8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Protestants drive Volvos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

tumblr_lpl0nt03dn1r0l3vuo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Mycroft H wrote: »
    tumblr_lpl0nt03dn1r0l3vuo1_500.jpg

Jeremy Clarkson will always push the cock-o-meter off the scale.

Advertisement