Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pediatric depatment tallaght

Options
  • 30-03-2016 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Just got a referral from my gp today. I suspect my 5 year old had aspergers, adhd or dypraxia. He said he is to young to be assessed for anything like that but referred him to the pediatric department to rule out any underlying medical issues first.

Does anyone have any dealings with talllaght ie, waiting time, or would I be better to go private?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He's not too young to be assessed for that, the assessment of needs is exactly for that. You need to bring him to your PHN, keep the referral for tallaght as you will need to see a paed at some point but go to your PHN and ask for a referral for an AON. Or you can download the forms yourself and return it to your local HSE officer.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/4/disability/Disability_Assessment/Assessment_Officers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

January wrote: »
    He's not too young to be assessed for that, the assessment of needs is exactly for that. You need to bring him to your PHN, keep the referral for tallaght as you will need to see a paed at some point but go to your PHN and ask for a referral for an AON. Or you can download the forms yourself and return it to your local HSE officer.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/4/disability/Disability_Assessment/Assessment_Officers.html

Thanks January, I did think that myself from reading posts here and parents getting assessments from a much earlier age. He (doctor) asked a couple of times if my son's teacher had said anything, she hasn't, so I thought this might have something to do with it. My cousin's son is on the spectrum and she also told me that it would be when my son started school is when the flags would start to show.

I will download the aon forms and send them in. Thanks very much for the input.

Advertisement