Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old PC parts - sale/trade

Options
  • 30-03-2016 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in town that would take a old PC/laptop parts for sale or trade?

I have some old laptops, PC (missing hard drives's), some monitors etc. I'd ideally like to trade against a 2nd hand laptop but I'm not sure how much value there is in what I have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

How old are they? If they're a certain age nowhere will take them but some places will take older laptops if theyre half decent. Again with the PC, how old is it? These days decent Core 2 Duo based HP/Dell/IBM/etc machines with 4GB ram sell for about €60, so without a hard drive it's unlikely to really be worth anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

LowOdour wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere in town that would take a old PC/laptop parts for sale or trade?

I have some old laptops, PC (missing hard drives's), some monitors etc. I'd ideally like to trade against a 2nd hand laptop but I'm not sure how much value there is in what I have.

Post them on Adverts.IE and I might make a bid, if they dual core or better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭LowOdour

How old are they? If they're a certain age nowhere will take them but some places will take older laptops if theyre half decent. Again with the PC, how old is it? These days decent Core 2 Duo based HP/Dell/IBM/etc machines with 4GB ram sell for about €60, so without a hard drive it's unlikely to really be worth anything.

Think you have answered my question! a couple of the laptops require soldering work and not sure how easy it would be to repair so I guess they are not in good shape in that sense. they wouldn't be a very high spec either so dont think trying to sell them would be worth the hassel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

There was a crowd with some connection to nuig who used to take donations of old pcs, do them up and send them to africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There was a crowd with some connection to nuig who used to take donations of old pcs, do them up and send them to africa.
    That's about the best that can done with old PC equipment. They'll use what works and can even make a little bit of money on the scrap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Most likely the old hardware is worthless. Any old hardware I've tried to sell has just sat their for months on adverts with not even an offer. Most of my ads get withdrawn. people only seem to be interested in nearly new stuff these days.

Advertisement