Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Society Outing - The Heritage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭doublecross

Ben1977 wrote: »
    I paid €55 on Sat, they never said a word, which is even worse still. Will be sending a mail very soon.

Played it two weeks ago on a Sunday and was only charged €19. When on the phone to them they warned me that greens were poor which was fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

I paid €55 on Sat, they never said a word, which is even worse still. Will be sending a mail very soon.

That is very poor form :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Played it two weeks ago on a Sunday and was only charged €19. When on the phone to them they warned me that greens were poor which was fair.

In fairness that was a special they did for €19.16 to mark the occasion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Seve OB wrote: »
    I think you are being very unfair. We all know the Heritage is a class place, a quality course and on a different level to most. It has had its problems in the past as lots of others have due to money but they have worked hard to get back to where they belong, in the premier league of Irish courses.

40 quid is cheap. No, actually it is very cheap. I know from organising last year that prices had gone up considerably on 2014, and they have gone up quite a bit again this year. I think open comps in the heritage midweek are running at 45, so to be paying only 40 for a saturday tee time is a brilliant rate.

All credit to Golfgraffix on the deals he has done this year, he has gotten rates you could only dream of due to his connections.

Course maintenance has to be done, and this is the time of year that it happens. If you are not happy about that, then don't play

I'd say greens will be better next week (but not fully),

I think Macker or anyone is right to question a price in a healthy set up of a society. I don't think questioning a price should be an invitation to not go.

So I agree with Macker - but will go. There should always be room for questioning price in a healthy society.

I do agree with paying extra for top courses in good condition btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

In my opinion it's been the weather which has slowed the repair. Will be fine next week with a bit of growth and warmer weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭benny79

Late tee time for me if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Macker1

I think you are being very unfair. We all know the Heritage is a class place, a quality course and on a different level to most. It has had its problems in the past as lots of others have due to money but they have worked hard to get back to where they belong, in the premier league of Irish courses.

40 quid is cheap. No, actually it is very cheap. I know from organising last year that prices had gone up considerably on 2014, and they have gone up quite a bit again this year. I think open comps in the heritage midweek are running at 45, so to be paying only 40 for a saturday tee time is a brilliant rate.

All credit to Golfgraffix on the deals he has done this year, he has gotten rates you could only dream of due to his connections.

Course maintenance has to be done, and this is the time of year that it happens. If you are not happy about that, then don't play

I'm a little disappointed with your response and your comment at the end comes across as very defensive. Lets be quite clear I have never criticised GolfGraffix in regards to his choice of courses and their respective costs so lets park that. I have always enjoyed playing on the outings with the boards gang and the courses have always lived up to the high expectations and standards that most of us have given the fact most of us are club members elsewhere. I have no issue in paying for a quality experience but if the greens are a bad as described then its an issue. No club should be charging full whack if they can't deliver the course in good condition. That's my opinion and I'm not looking to upset the applecart by stating it. Value for money is important and this month there are two opens at the Heritage which are charging €19.16 which are on the 19th and 25th April as per GolfNet. This is a special price as stated but it is available this month. We of course are playing on a Saturday which will be more costly and we are also bringing approx 25-30 keen golfers that will most likely have a feed and some drinks so its welcome business for a club.
    Your point about The Heritage being back in the premier league of Irish Courses may be premature given the reports but we can judge that for ourselves at the outing. €40 which is not very cheap in my opinion but too each their own in that regard.

Its an absolute disgrace when any club behaves in this manner.:mad: It should be clearly mentioned prior to the round and the green free charged should reflect this. A played treated fairly would appreciate the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

My own take on it would be lets not worry until we get there, I was talking to the manager today and he felt that they would be back to normal by the time we get there. 10 days with rain and sun is a long time in course condition terms.

J

• Advertisement

My own take on it would be lets not worry until we get there, I was talking to the manager today and he felt that they would be back to normal by the time we get there. 10 days with rain and sun is a long time in course condition terms.

J

Yes, no need to make a pole fork out of a spike mark :p

I've played the place about 10 times and I'l be honest , since the crash - I have rarely found it in good condition.

So will be very keen to see how it is doing and in particular how the bunkers are.

Looking forward to it - love the layout.
    But I find it very very long.

But I find it very very long.

Gown outta that. You hit the ball a mile

Unfortunately I won't make this one, be lots of points to make up next time

Gown outta that. You hit the ball a mile

Unfortunately I won't make this one, be lots of points to make up next time

I still find it a very long course - many of the par 3 are solid 6/5/4 irons.

Ben is right, par 5s are maybe different from front.

1st hole is easy enough, but you have a run of holes after it that is a very difficult run. You'd be doing well to have a wedge in your hand for a good while.

Sure scores from last outing say it all - could be lowest ever there ?

The walks are long too - I've normally had a few pints the night before too down there :D

Maybe I'm just hungover down there.

Will be interesting to see scores.

I don't think it is suitable for a society at all - but we are a golfer society ;)
    And are normally brilliant everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Myself and some others lost a minor bet last time I visited the heritage. [PHOTO HERE]. Plenty of jeering in the bar afterwards. Been biding my time :cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057342743&page=29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭bobster453

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Myself and some others lost a minor bet last time I visited the heritage. [PHOTO HERE]. Plenty of jeering in the bar afterwards. Been biding my time :cool:

Not this time pal as i wont b there undortunately however you would only lose again i think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

bobster453 wrote: »
    Not this time pal as i wont b there undortunately however you would only lose again i think :)

That gives the rest of us a chance then bobster
    You must have been a favourite on your current form!

• Advertisement

I had a disastrous day today.

Ott, tops, blades mad stuff.

I'm declaring myself a total outsider like Langer, Smylie Kaufman and Paul Chaplet in Masters.
    Paul had an 83 and an 82.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Earlier tee time if possible

Another good day at the office today, 39 pts playing off blues,roll on cutting time!!

Sorry its so late but here is the time sheet.

Time Sheet

I have tried to accommodate all the requests. I am afraid that we are out in 4 balls, we are behind another society so i guess it won’t make a huge difference. I am tight on time so i need to go out 1st, if there is anyone who can help out with giving out cards that would be great.

Guys for each of these events we are paying deposits in advance and are committing to certain numbers, if you are on the time sheet and cannot make it please make sure to decline on teamer and post here please. We have had some no shows this year which makes it awkward with the club. I think it is fair that any no shows that have not cancelled within 24 hours will be charged their fee.

DoubleCross i have added in your guest on the same line as you.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sorry its so late but here is the time sheet.

Time Sheet

Really looking forward to playing with you boss :)

• Advertisement

Cant remember lads, its been a couple of years since I was there. What sort of warm up facilities are available at the course?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Cant remember lads, its been a couple of years since I was there. What sort of warm up facilities are available at the course?

Full range down at the par 3 course, just stay right when you come in the gate.

everything you need
    full range
    par 3 course
    greens etc...

but

they are hidden :)

if you are there early, go in the gate, turn right immediately and go all the way down the bottom right corner of the car park, drive down, its a good walk

there is a putting green beside the first tee

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Am making my excuses now - strained a muscle in my elbow a few weeks ago. Auld age I think!! Plenty of deep heat for Saturday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

I can play now as well. Early tee time best for me too as I have to be back in Dublin to organise an event that evening. I can be down there early to give you a hand setting up.

Unfortunately I've got to pull out, missus has been asked to work on Saturday evening and I wouldn't be able to get back in time.

I've declined on Teamer now as well :(

Guys, please check the updated time sheet.

Guys, please check the updated time sheet.

Just make sure I'm in the first group with you through all the changes, I'm also on a promise and need to get back early :)

Apologies for this J but i got special permissiin to play on saturday.Any chance of slipping me in somewhere...keep it clean boys :)

bobster453 wrote:
    Apologies for this J but i got special permissiin to play on saturday.Any chance of slipping me in somewhere...keep it clean boys

The favourite has just entered the field.

• Advertisement

bobster453 wrote: »
    Apologies for this J but i got special permissiin to play on saturday.Any chance of slipping me in somewhere...keep it clean boys :)

I object ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Macker1 wrote: »
    The favourite has just entered the field.

This must have been what it was like for the tour when Tiger was at his peak and the rest of the field knew they were playing for 2nd :D

ballyk wrote: »
    This must have been what it was like for the tour when Tiger was at his peak and the rest of the field knew they were playing for 2nd :D
    Haha i doubt that. Is there no little emoticon for tongue in cheek sarcasm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Very sorry but have to pull out of Saturday, I have been called up for an interclub match.
    Hope the day goes well

ballyk wrote: »

Well, when the man has his own caddy you know you're in trouble from the start :P

Well, when the man has his own caddy you know you're in trouble from the start :P

Ah now unfair call Ref, you know that was on purely medical grounds and to stop me falling asleep on those ultra long road trips to Boards Golf Outings
    Besides he was sacked a long time ago, too cheeky for his own good :D

Some fallers, some new players and a comeback kid.

New and updated time sheet here - Time Sheet

John

Some fallers, some new players and a comeback kid.

New and updated time sheet here - Time Sheet

John

Cheers John
    You ok for handing out cards, taking money(which I am VERY GOOD AT :) etc?
    If you need a hand just say the word

RoadRunner wrote: »

Oh all excited now, can't wait for the side bet..AGAIN!!!

• Advertisement

Macker1 wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed with your response and your comment at the end comes across as very defensive. Lets be quite clear I have never criticised GolfGraffix in regards to his choice of courses and their respective costs so lets park that. I have always enjoyed playing on the outings with the boards gang and the courses have always lived up to the high expectations and standards that most of us have given the fact most of us are club members elsewhere. I have no issue in paying for a quality experience but if the greens are a bad as described then its an issue. No club should be charging full whack if they can't deliver the course in good condition. That's my opinion and I'm not looking to upset the applecart by stating it. Value for money is important and this month there are two opens at the Heritage which are charging €19.16 which are on the 19th and 25th April as per GolfNet. This is a special price as stated but it is available this month. We of course are playing on a Saturday which will be more costly and we are also bringing approx 25-30 keen golfers that will most likely have a feed and some drinks so its welcome business for a club.
    Your point about The Heritage being back in the premier league of Irish Courses may be premature given the reports but we can judge that for ourselves at the outing. €40 which is not very cheap in my opinion but too each their own in that regard.

That must be the most Macker has ever said or posted in one go :)
    The 19.16 job was on last monday week, everyone came in after a few holes due to the weather.Greens at that stage were a bit bumpyish but after the weather over the last couple of days they will probably have been rolled so should be better.
    While 40 blah is a fair slap, its worth it to me just to be hanging with such great exponents of the game of golf:D
    Besides I will be hoping to reduce that with a little side bet..hint hint..Roadrunner:p

Unfortunately I've got to pull out, missus has been asked to work on Saturday evening and I wouldn't be able to get back in time.

I've declined on Teamer now as well :(

I'm back! :D

Just want to say a huge thanks to Ben1977 for volunteering his spot in the first group and captain Golfgraffix for facilitating the change, very sound and appreciated.

If karma has any say in things then Ben1977 may just take first spot :pac:

I thought I remembered more of the course, but looking at the GolfGraffix flyovers, I seem to only remember a handful of the holes. Will be like a brand new course for me this weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

A friend of mine played here yesterday lads and the greens were poor. It was open singles and the entry is still €19.16. Just thought I'd put it out there

Rikand wrote: »
    I thought I remembered more of the course, but looking at the GolfGraffix flyovers, I seem to only remember a handful of the holes. Will be like a brand new course for me this weekend :)

Any chance of a link to the flyovers please?

Can't seem to find the golf course info online??

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

here's a link to the course guide

http://www.theheritage.com/upload/docs/course-guide.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

http://www.golfgraffix.com/WebApp/the_heritage/the_heritage.html

Guys, I am very tight on time and would not be able to finish, even if I go out in the 1st group I won't get finished.

I have held an earlier time of 10:50, does anyone want to join me at this time?

J

Rikand wrote: »

Yeah, outside of 9 & 18 nothing is jumping out as familiar to me (2 great finishing holes to the nines, especially if theres a cross wind blowing)

Last time I played it was a shotgun start & I went out somewhere in the middle of the course, so my geography is all thrown out.

Guys, I am very tight on time and would not be able to finish, even if I go out in the 1st group I won't get finished.

I have held an earlier time of 10:50, does anyone want to join me at this time?

J

Yes I'd be up for that, would give me a bit of breathing space

Yes I'd be up for that, would give me a bit of breathing space

Cool, we need at least one more.

J

• Advertisement
Advertisement