Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headstone advice

Options
  • 30-03-2016 4:17pm

My family have been looking around for headstone for my father. Unfortunately it looks like they've been caught out. Went to a seller and they agreed to a price for the specifications they asked for. They put down a few hundred as a deposit.

Earlier today the seller is asking for more money. We are alarmed at this. I wonder is there someone respected, trustworthy and reputable elsewhere in the country that would take our order online? Or is that not how it works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Were they given the quote in writing? What was the reason given why the price increased after the agreed original price? I do think there are some in the funeral business who try to take advantage as they know it is a vulnerable time for the bereaved and people might not challenge them on it so they try to pull a fast one. The same thing happened us with the funeral director so wouldn't use them again if and when the need ever arises. They don't do themselves any favours so be sure to let others know about that particular service. Word of mouth works both ways.

Advertisement