Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFSEC London 2016

Options
  • 30-03-2016 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

This message is directed mainly at the Installers of the group ,having only setup my own cctv alarm company in the past year and going through all the processes that have gone with it,would like to thank alot of you firstly for your advice i have got from this forum.
    Secondly trying to keep up in this industry, I've been thinking of going to the Ifsec in london this year and was wondering if any of you have been? what was it like? is it worth the trip?is beneficial to a small business like my own and thoughts would be appreciated.
    (hope I'm allowed post this here ,if not sorry)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have been to a few of them. If very interesting to see whats new & up & coming.However a lot of it is very repetitive & there is also lots of lovely stuff that ,although very nice, you will probably never use.
    Don't do the day trip. Its a long hard day.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭judge30

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have been to a few of them. If very interesting to see whats new & up & coming.However a lot of it is very repetitive & there is also lots of lovely stuff that ,although very nice, you will probably never use.
    Don't do the day trip. Its a long hard day.

Thats good to know, exactly what i was planning to go in the morning and back in the evening,I think i will attend if i go once and don't like it then il know for the future .
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ahh I remember doing the day trip when it was in Birmingham.
    In the Airport for 4-30 am back to Dublin at 11pm.
    If you get a few people together its a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭judge30

I can only imagine ,accommodation for it is fairly pricey all around it or non exsistent, bar i can get something on airbnb it will be the day trip but the excel is directly beside london city airport so might not be so bad .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

There is one on in Dublin every year or is it 2? Anyone?

Being honest i don't really bother with them, i find them a waste of time. If i am curious about something i get my suppliers onto it.

• Advertisement

Isec is every second year. Was on last year back in 2017.
    Only got a mail about it the other day.
    Big one in Vegas this year. GSD have something going on for it I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If you haven't been to IFSEC then it's worth the visit. I always do the day trip , London would be no different for me.

There's an expo in Dublin next week, I don't know much about it as all the emails for it went straight to my spam, more info here

Advertisement