Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Salary certificate for mortgage application

Options
  • 30-03-2016 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can you advise on the following questions in relation to the salary certificate for mortgage applications. 

1. The company I work for will issues their own version of a salary and job verification document. It contains all the necessary information that is in the BOI certificate but it is not the BOI headed one. Will this be acceptable?
    2. My husband works for a large multi national who run their HR services electronically from Asia. requests are processed online. Is it possible to use a scanned version of the BOI salary certificate or is there an electronic version available?

regards
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

brownej wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you advise on the following questions in relation to the salary certificate for mortgage applications. 

1. The company I work for will issues their own version of a salary and job verification document. It contains all the necessary information that is in the BOI certificate but it is not the BOI headed one. Will this be acceptable?
    2. My husband works for a large multi national who run their HR services electronically from Asia. requests are processed online. Is it possible to use a scanned version of the BOI salary certificate or is there an electronic version available?

regards
    John
    Hi John, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

When applying for a mortgage with us, our Mortgage advisors can provide you with this salary certificate and we would advise you to use this for your application. We would not have an electronic version of the salary certificate, and this will be posted out to the address on your account. 

If there is any other query you have, please let us know and we will be happy to help. 

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Hi,

regards
    John
    Hi John, 

When applying for a mortgage with us, our Mortgage advisors can provide you with this salary certificate and we would advise you to use this for your application. We would not have an electronic version of the salary certificate, and this will be posted out to the address on your account. 

If there is any other query you have, please let us know and we will be happy to help. 

Sarah
    Thanks for the reply Sarah but it looks like you didn't even read the questions.
    As I already stated, my company will not stamp third party forms but will provide a headed document with all the required information on it.
    My Husbands company does their HR services from Asia (even though they have several thousand employees in Ireland) so getting a sepcific form received in the post stamped is not possible either which is why I was asking if a scanned copy is acceptable.

Surely a bank that is pushing people to bank online and get online only statements would have electronic form options. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

regards
    John
    Hi John, 

Sarah
    Thanks for the reply Sarah but it looks like you didn't even read the questions.
    As I already stated, my company will not stamp third party forms but will provide a headed document with all the required information on it.
    My Husbands company does their HR services from Asia (even though they have several thousand employees in Ireland) so getting a sepcific form received in the post stamped is not possible either which is why I was asking if a scanned copy is acceptable.

Surely a bank that is pushing people to bank online and get online only statements would have electronic form options. 
    Hi John,

If you’d like to send us a PM including your name and contact number we can have a member of our Mortgage team call you to discuss your options.

We can only answer general queries here and would need specific employer information in order to reply to your query.

To send a PM please see link below in my signature.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Hi,

regards
    John
    Hi John, 

Sarah

Hi John,

If you’d like to send us a PM including your name and contact number we can have a member of our Mortgage team call you to discuss your options.

We can only answer general queries here and would need specific employer information in order to reply to your query.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi Tara

I will be meeting a mortgage advisor in branch.
    I was hoping to have all the appropriate documentaion in place for the meeting though.

regards
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

regards
    John
    Hi John, 

Sarah

Hi John,

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi Tara

I will be meeting a mortgage advisor in branch.
    I was hoping to have all the appropriate documentaion in place for the meeting though.

regards
    John
    Hi John, 

If you would like us to arrange a call to you before your meeting, please let us know in a private message, we'll be happy to arrange this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

We are thinking of applying for a mortgage application but I have recently started a new job (6wks ago). The job is a permanent role in the civil service and I have no probation period.

I am wondering given the short duration that I have been in the position, would this go against us and should we hold off applying or given that there is no probation period, should we apply now.

If we should hold off, for how long before the underwriting would deem is long enough to be in a position for an application

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

cmac8 wrote: »
    We are thinking of applying for a mortgage application but I have recently started a new job (6wks ago). The job is a permanent role in the civil service and I have no probation period.

I am wondering given the short duration that I have been in the position, would this go against us and should we hold off applying or given that there is no probation period, should we apply now.

If we should hold off, for how long before the underwriting would deem is long enough to be in a position for an application

Thanks in advance
    Hi cmac8,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

It'd be best to speak with a Mortgage advisor in relation to this.

Our Mortgage team will be happy to answer any of your queries. If you’d like to send us on your full name, contact number and a time that best suits you to receive a call back we will be happy to arrange this for you.

To send a PM please click on link below in my signature.

Thanks,

Tara C 

Advertisement