Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I Don't Fully Understand - Vol 1

Options
  • 30-03-2016 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Calm down ! , I'm just going to keep it to Vape related questions........... for now .

Day to day things that I just haven't gotten around to asking as yet .

Anyone else can chime in with their questions if they want but I'm kinda hoping this wouldn't turn out to ba a " where should I start " thread as I think they are better off on their own so we can tailor the advice .

So , without further ado

1: Whats with the adjusting wattage while in TC mode ?

Is it to do with the initial wattage to the coil until the temp is reached or is it the maximum wattage that will be used whether temp is reached or not ?

2: Sub-ohm tanks , just a name ? or is there a reason you should put coils less than 1 ohm in them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

jonski wrote: »

Is it to do with the initial wattage to the coil until the temp is reached or is it the maximum wattage that will be used whether temp is reached or not ?

2: Sub-ohm tanks , just a name ? or is there a reason you should put coils less than 1 ohm in them ?

1. I wondered the same, it's a bit puzzling, as the device controls the power for you no? must be an average wattage for the temp, fluctuating up and down around it?
    2. It's both I guess. Sub-tanks aren't ideal for mouth to lung vaping, though some do come with 1+ ohm coils to try suit everyone. They are actually specifically designed with low resistance coils in mind. I don't think it makes any sense to buy say, an Atlantis, and stick a 1.2 coil in there. You only end up closing up the airflow, using a less wide drip tip, and mouth to lung inhaling. When Nautilus or Aerotank will work a lot better for that kind of vape.

Here's one from me -

Why Ni and Ti? what is the fascination? I feel I'm missing something on that front. I've tried Ni and Ti coils and found them .... meh ... muted flavour and cooler vape. SS seems to work as expected, it's great in standard modes. But why nickel? Why would we want to vape on something so dodgy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

jonski wrote:

The Watts is the maximum power that will be delivered to the coil until the coil reaches the set temperature, after this the power delivery is regulated by the mod to maintain the set temperature.

3 benefits of sub ohm coils

1 Flavour. Improved flavour from low res coils.

2 Warmth. Higher heat produces a warmer vape.

3 Clouds. Low res produces more vape.

Why Ni and Ti? what is the fascination? I feel I'm missing something on that front. I've tried Ni and Ti coils and found them .... meh ... muted flavour and cooler vape. SS seems to work as expected, it's great in standard modes. But why nickel? Why would we want to vape on something so dodgy?

I've tried both and like yourself it was a "meh" experience, the only benefit that I can find as to the introduction of tc vaping is to get rid of the dreaded burnt hit, not that I've suffered that on many occasions on standard coils, drippers maybe but seldom if ever in a tank.
    If tc vaping was for me then it would definitely be on ti coils, too much toxicity relating to nickel for me to feel comfortable using them. Now thats just a personal opinion people.

jno547 wrote: »
    I've tried both and like yourself it was a "meh" experience, the only benefit that I can find as to the introduction of tc vaping is to get rid of the dreaded burnt hit, not that I've suffered that on many occasions on standard coils, drippers maybe but seldom if ever in a tank.
    If tc vaping was for me then it would definitely be on ti coils, too much toxicity relating to nickel for me to feel comfortable using them. Now thats just a personal opinion people.

Yeah I worked with Nickel for years, and my hands were a mess from it, even though I wore gloves anytime I handled it [it was a very high concentration for nickel plating] We also had to wear masks and overalls. Now people are just .... vaping off of it :/ Just doesn't seem a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Still not tried TC yet but I have some SS on the way. I'm looking to try this out in a dripper with the hope that I get the same delicious vape while getting a bit more life out of the cotton - at the moment this needs to be changed every day or two as it slowly gets singed and kills flavour.

I MTL off subtanks all the time. The trick I've found for these tanks is to use a really long drip tip as that has the concentrating effect that the usual MTL tanks have. I quite like a dual coil @ .5 to .7 ohm open airflow at 30 to 35 watts with a long tip on a tank - the Bellus gives me a very nice MTL vape this way.

• Advertisement

8mm wrote:
    I MTL off subtanks all the time. The trick I've found for these tanks is to use a really long drip tip as that has the concentrating effect that the usual MTL tanks have. I quite like a dual coil @ .5 to .7 ohm open airflow at 30 to 35 watts with a long tip on a tank - the Bellus gives me a very nice MTL vape this way.

That's actually a very good tip and something I have never tried but will as I love a mtl vape at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

jonski wrote: »

Not just a name but you can use over 1 ohm coils no problem, mostly sub ohm tanks would be designed with a higher airflow due to the higher heat and vapeproduction

8mm wrote: »

I have the Bellus, and I legit tried to MTL off of it when reading your post, I almost forgot how to! :D It took me 4 goes to get a proper MTL hit, my instinct just kept forcing me to lung inhale, lol. Beeb a while. You can MTL any tank, doesn't mean it's designed for it.

I have the Bellus, and I legit tried to MTL off of it when reading your post, I almost forgot how to! :D It took me 4 goes to get a proper MTL hit, my instinct just kept forcing me to lung inhale, lol. Beeb a while. You can MTL any tank, doesn't mean it's designed for it.

:D:D Same here,using a Zephyrus,afc almost closed,dual 0.4 coil,40w and it's bloody great flavour. Long narrow drip tip certainly makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Might be better to call it a hybrid MTL - suck with the lungs, some gets in there with most of it in the mouth and inhale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement