Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

residential line early cease charge

Options
  • 30-03-2016 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My father switched from eir to another provider on 4th february 2016, having very recently beforehand - 28 January 2016 - entered a new package with eir. He thought he could avail of the same cooling off period that a new customer is entitled to.

It turns out in his final bill he was liable for the remaining duration of line rental for the remainder of the contract - amounting to E150.29. I queried it on his behalf (on the phone) during the month of February to have it confirmed.

Now, he had been a customer of Eircom over many years but the policy that loyal customers can not avail of a cooling off period which is available to New customers, is inequitable, unfair and unreasonable.

He has now received (23/3/16) a 7 day demand and notice of possible legal proceedings or recourse to debt collection - he's 85, and a widower, he was doing what is being encouraged regularly in many media outlets - switch and save.

I am writing to Customer care in Eir alongside this communication, but I would really appreciate a review of his account as a matter of urgency if it can happen online sooner - I will pm account number.

Thanks and regards
    marzic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

marzic wrote: »
    Hi
    My father switched from eir to another provider on 4th february 2016, having very recently beforehand - 28 January 2016 - entered a new package with eir. He thought he could avail of the same cooling off period that a new customer is entitled to.

It turns out in his final bill he was liable for the remaining duration of line rental for the remainder of the contract - amounting to E150.29. I queried it on his behalf (on the phone) during the month of February to have it confirmed.

Now, he had been a customer of Eircom over many years but the policy that loyal customers can not avail of a cooling off period which is available to New customers, is inequitable, unfair and unreasonable.

He has now received (23/3/16) a 7 day demand and notice of possible legal proceedings or recourse to debt collection - he's 85, and a widower, he was doing what is being encouraged regularly in many media outlets - switch and save.

I am writing to Customer care in Eir alongside this communication, but I would really appreciate a review of his account as a matter of urgency if it can happen online sooner - I will pm account number.

Thanks and regards
    marzic
    Hi marzic,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear this. Did you father contact the cancellation team prior to cancellation? 
    All early cease charges are automatically generated and the customer would be required to contact cancellations so a cooling off cancellation can be processed to avoid any early cease charges.

Are you a registered point of contact on your father's account? If so, please feel free to PM me the account number and I'll take a look into this.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Hi

Thanks and regards
    marzic
    Hi marzic,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did you father contact the cancellation team prior to cancellation? 
    All early cease charges are automatically generated and the customer would be required to contact cancellations so a cooling off cancellation can be processed to avoid any early cease charges.

Are you a registered point of contact on your father's account? If so, please feel free to PM me the account number and I'll take a look into this.

Pamela 
    Hi Pamela
    I sent a pm yesterday evening having inadvertantly sent a visitor message yesterday morning. If you do not have enough detail in the pm, let me know. 
    Thanks
     marzic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi

Thanks and regards
    marzic
    Hi marzic,

Pamela 
    Hi Pamela
    I sent a pm yesterday evening having inadvertantly sent a visitor message yesterday morning. If you do not have enough detail in the pm, let me know. 
    Thanks
     marzic
    No problem marzic, 

I'm just going through my PM's now so I'll back to you shortly :)

Pamela 

Advertisement