Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Increment should I be at as a sub returning from UK

Options
  • 30-03-2016 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am currently covering a Maternity leave in a primary school as a substitute and have taught over 100 days as a sub this academic year already (Oct - June).

In addition to this, I spent the calender year 2014/2015 teaching full time in England, where I completed my NQT year.

I am still treated as if I am on Point 1 of the Increment, and apparently I am entitled to a personal rate for every day worked over 40 consecutive days as a non-casual sub. However, my payslips keep coming in telling me I'm still getting paid the 150euro daily rate.

I know that in order to fix this I need to fill out an Incremental Credit Application form, but how much of a difference will that actually make if it's accepted? Will it move me up to point 2/3 on the scale? Even if it does, how is this reflected in my payslip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

ClassicE15 wrote: »
    I know that in order to fix this I need to fill out an Incremental Credit Application form, but how much of a difference will that actually make if it's accepted? Will it move me up to point 2/3 on the scale? Even if it does, how is this reflected in my payslip?

Not sure about casual versus non casual in the primary sector. Definitely call payroll to ensure you're on the correct rate. When I originally started teaching in secondary schools, I was paid at the unqualified rates for a few months.

The year you spent teaching in England will definitely put you on point 2 of the scale, but incremental credit forms have to be filled in by that school in England. Then it could take a few weeks or months for the department to process this change. Good news is that incremental credit can be backdated in cases like this.

Advertisement