Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5S (230euro) vs 6 (350euro)

Options
  • 30-03-2016 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭

Hi...
    Long time android user,haven't had an iphone since the 4s so going to go back to give them a shot.
    The two phones in the title are the ones I'm going for,I'm just wondering is it worth the extra 120 for the iphone 6? They are both second hand excellent condition 16gb boxed with everything and locked to my network,they're the price i can get them for. Both updated to latest software,I'm just trying to justify paying extra for the 6.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

rizzee wrote: »
    Hi...
    Long time android user,haven't had an iphone since the 4s so going to go back to give them a shot.
    The two phones in the title are the ones I'm going for,I'm just wondering is it worth the extra 120 for the iphone 6? They are both second hand excellent condition 16gb boxed with everything and locked to my network,they're the price i can get them for. Both updated to latest software,I'm just trying to justify paying extra for the 6.

Thanks

You'll get an extra year or two when the 6 doesn't slow to a crawl with the new iOS updates, and the bigger screen is definitely worth it.

Go big or go home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

I will have the phone for 6 months max

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I assume you are coming from some big-ass Android phone, so I'd go for the 6.

16GB isn't enough space btw. But if it's only for 6 months you should be able to manage.

I swap and change android too. 16gb is fine- bought a new laptop today I only need a phone for calls texts and maybe up to 1hr internet/ day

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Are you planning to change phone again in six months? If it's only for 6 months I would find a second hand 5C. Should be cheaper again and will be fine for that period of time.

• Advertisement

I'm not planning on,but I don't rememeber the last time I've kept a phone for longer than 6 months! If I like it I'd keep it. The 6 is obviously more future proof and would hold its value more than the 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

16gb is fine

You think that now but you'll want to throw the phone against the wall when you're constantly being told you're running out of space.

I will be using the phone for calls,texts and light internet browsing. I wont have many apps downloaded except snap chat messenger,livescore and AIB. I don't even use the facbook app I prefer using chrome/safari to go on it.

Any photos or videos could be put into the computer,say on a weekly basis,then removed d from the phone to save storage,am I right?

My main concern between the two is the price difference...is it worth the extra 120? Battery life/speed of phone?

There isn't a huge difference in speed between the 5s and the 6. The real difference is between the 6 and the 6s. The extra screen size is nice though, if that is something you like.

• Advertisement

MillField wrote: »
    There isn't a huge difference in speed between the 5s and the 6. The real difference is between the 6 and the 6s. The extra screen size is nice though, if that is something you like.

Yeah I do like the larger screen, i'm used to 5 and 5.5 Androids.

What about battery life? If I don't like the 6 after a week or two then i'd easily get the money back on it too, that's what i'm thinking.

What about battery life? If I don't like the 6 after a week or two then i'd easily get the money back on it too, that's what i'm thinking.

The battery life is definitely better on the 6. Again, not a huge difference but I definitely noticed maybe an extra hour or there abouts. The 5s is a year older so it's bound to have lost some battery life along the way.

Yeah that's true. I'm still undecided. Very picky! Not that I should be, if it calls,texts and has internet the desicion should be made...then why the hell am I looking at an apple device :pac: :D

Going to go for the 6. It comes with a new otter box too,which I'll need I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

smash wrote: »
    You think that now but you'll want to throw the phone against the wall when you're constantly being told you're running out of space.

I have the 5S with 16 gig (Three screwed up my order when I was coming into a new job, so I held back on throwing a wobbler), and it's not that bad. The iCloud caching for photos works fine, and I use Apple music (prior I user google play) so no real need for storage.

I love the small size of the 5S - and will get the SE when the time comes rather than the 6 that work is now handing out

Ended up getting the 6 this morning. Beautiful phone and very fast! Just got an Otterbox for it there too, will need it!

Was on 100% when I bought it, ve been messing around with it the last 2-3 hours adjusting my settings, setting up iCloud, downloading my apps and its on 94% now! Early days but happy so far.

Enjoy the phone!

Advertisement