Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Data Nightmare.

Options
  • 30-03-2016 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, upgraded my previous phone/broadband bundle a few weeks back so as to include the mobile phone and I was informed that on March 29 the mobile data would 'kick in'.
    From the time of receiving my new phone it worked perfectly when connected to wifi and I am able to make & receive calls and messages also so the sim is working correctly.
    On the 29 March the mobile data did not kick in at all and despite switching on and off the phone periodically throughout the day there was no connection made.
    Today has been no different and despite knocking on and off the phone, removing the battery and sim card and finally this evening, completinga factory reset on the phone, there still has been no improvement.
    This phone has connected agan to the wifi as it should do however it cannot connect to the mobile data.
    Looking for assistance as not always possible to find wifi hotspots and really need the phone throughout the day.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Hi folks, upgraded my previous phone/broadband bundle a few weeks back so as to include the mobile phone and I was informed that on March 29 the mobile data would 'kick in'.
    From the time of receiving my new phone it worked perfectly when connected to wifi and I am able to make & receive calls and messages also so the sim is working correctly.
    On the 29 March the mobile data did not kick in at all and despite switching on and off the phone periodically throughout the day there was no connection made.
    Today has been no different and despite knocking on and off the phone, removing the battery and sim card and finally this evening, completinga factory reset on the phone, there still has been no improvement.
    This phone has connected agan to the wifi as it should do however it cannot connect to the mobile data.
    Looking for assistance as not always possible to find wifi hotspots and really need the phone throughout the day.
    Thanks.
    Hi Uncle Ben,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues connecting to your mobile data.

Are your calls and texts working consistently?

Can you text 'balance data' to 50104 and let me know what it returns?

-Pamela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Hi Uncle Ben,

-Pamela

Hi Pam

It says I have .51gb left of data allowance until next billing date!!!

Considering I've been using my home wifi since I got this phone I find this hard to believe.
    For the record I've just been told by a neighbour to enter APN settings in the network & wireless location and lo & behold the phone now connects to mobile data.
    I would appreciate if you could have a look at my usage details however as the phone hasn't been able to connect to any mobile network and now all of a sudden .5gb has been used.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Hi Uncle Ben,

-Pamela

Hi Pam

It says I have .51gb left of data allowance until next billing date!!!

Considering I've been using my home wifi since I got this phone I find this hard to believe.
    For the record I've just been told by a neighbour to enter APN settings in the network & wireless location and lo & behold the phone now connects to mobile data.
    I would appreciate if you could have a look at my usage details however as the phone hasn't been able to connect to any mobile network and now all of a sudden .5gb has been used.
    Thanks.
    Can you PM me your mobile number and pin Uncle Ben and I'll take a look into this.

-Pamela 

Advertisement