Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers for an Asian fella?

Options
  • 30-03-2016 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

TL:DR at bottom for anybody who doesnt want the whole context.
    Hey, my first post on here and was wondering if any other Asians that live in Dublin can help me out.
    I've always got my hair cut from my parents up until maybe when I was 13 (and yes it was the bowl cut) where I got it with a private barber, a friend of my parents. She's Chinese and is a really nice woman but she really doesn't understand how I want my hair cut, and ends up ruining my hair which I have to fix at home.
    I think its because she tends to do female hair more as I rarely see any guys go to her. (And her haircuts are quite simple and out of trend IMO)
    So I'm wondering if any Asian men or if you know any asian friends yourself (or you're a barber yourself who feels theyve done a lot of asian hairstyles before) can help me out and recommend some places. I live in Blanchardstown and am a student so I probably don't have the freedom to go too far around and spend too much money but I can try some places out. I'm also trying to get into the hair trend as well because as a 16 year old in school, I'm not really getting any nice "fresh cuts" as everyone calls it;)

So TLDR: any recommendations for an asian like me to get my haircuts? Preferably an asian barber to cut it but anyone with experience will do, and not too far from Dublin 15 or too expensive as I am a student. (A nice barbers in Blanchardstown would be great?
    Thanks guys and I'm sorry for the long wall of text, I just feel the need to start getting barber cuts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Can't help you but I'm very curious. What kind of hairstyle do you want that the average barber can't do?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

I really can't see why you need an Asian barber to cut your hair. I was in Cut & Sew barbers a couple of weeks back and half the people who came in were of Asian descent.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Easy Rider wrote: »
    I really can't see why you need an Asian barber to cut your hair. I was in Cut & Sew barbers a couple of weeks back and half the people who came in were of Asian descent.

I'm interested to know as well because I have Asian hair and I use a mobile hairdresser and Becky has never said she has a problem with my hair, apart from it being thick and coarse!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

If it's about your budget - try places that look for male hair models for their student barbers. I have seen several places looking for them but, of course, you might have less say in what your hair style ends up like. Still, should be stylish as that's their job ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

There are a few Arabic guys, possibly Turkish, working in the Best Barbers in Dundrum, though it is a long way from Blanch. They seem to have a lot of customers of Arabic appearance, if that helps.

Advertisement