Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to no longer be known as the big girl

• 30-03-2016 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Age- 19..I made one of those silly resolutions of losing weight just like every year but this year I am determined to do it..hoping for 2 stone in total but also trying to get comfortable with myself and happy in my own skin by getting fit and learning to love exercise! I've just bought Charlotte Crosby's 3 minute body blitz and I hope it does what it says on the tin!

30th March 2016- Started it tonight- Did the 9 minute warm up and then 5 of the 12 3 minute body sections..god I am so so unfit! Whats the goal? Be able to do all 12!

Has anyone tried this workout yet? I am so excited to see what happens!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Went for a 40 minute walk today and also did the warmup of Charlottes dvd and 2 of the 3 minute intervals...Not great or what I wanted but I really found it hard to motivate myself today..any tips on how to shape up fast?! Holidays are so soon and it scares me!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Tbh when it comes to weight loss there's no quick fix unless you want to do it an unhealthy way. Also, I wouldn't place too much value in celeb dvds.

Essentially the best way to lose weight is regular exercise (a 40 minute walk is ideal) and a healthy balanced diet. Cut out all processed foods, eat little and often but ensure that you allow yourself at least one treat a day. Fad diets are mostly just that in my experience and most people can lose weight simply by eating more sensibly.

In addition, try and walk those short distances that you might usually drive or get a lift to and from, just be more active in general. Look at it as more of a long-term goal, a way of life, than a rapid shedding of weight in time for a specific event. Being enthusiastic is a good thing but it also sets you up for disappointment should you not meet your goals.

Oh, and good luck.

Advertisement