Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 6), Apr 1-2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I know it is still very early on, but CCFC cannot leave Sligo without 3 points Saturday. By all accounts Sligo are desperately poor this season, so we need to take full advantage of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

gimmick wrote: »
    I know it is still very early on, but CCFC cannot leave Sligo without 3 points Saturday. By all accounts Sligo are desperately poor this season, so we need to take full advantage of that.

I think the league will be tighter this year and clubs will get away with dropping points. Dundalk, Cork and Pat's all look weaker from what I've seen and Rovers are no great shakes from what I've heard. I could see a low points total to win the league barring some amazing signings in June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

It's much too early to be talking about must win games.

It is a game Cork would expect to win but all it takes is a silly sending off or a dodgy penalty to sway the result.

Apart from the top of the table class of the two border teams, I'm interested to see how Shamrock Rovers against Galway will go. Galway are a much improved outfit and Rovers have yet to show that they have improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

doncarlos wrote: »
    I think the league will be tighter this year and clubs will get away with dropping points. Dundalk, Cork and Pat's all look weaker from what I've seen and Rovers are no great shakes from what I've heard. I could see a low points total to win the league barring some amazing signings in June

We are a lot stronger than last season. Whether we are strong enough remains to be seen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

too late for Pats fans but our BWIN will be up and running for Bray...
    Harps told them they would make a public statement during the week on the situation and comreg also gave a kick up the ass so it it will be installed monday. Installation of the line was booked well in advance of the season starting. Maybe they should have spent less on rebranding and more on their actual service.

On the match... less than 18months since they destroyed us 6-1 in the cup... we could overtake them in the league. Unlikely but its nice that its possible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Do Harps have any fan commentary or will it be twitter updates for tomorrow night? It will be a tough one for us Harps seem decent at home but Im hoping if Fagan is back that we will win.

We are a lot stronger than last season. Whether we are strong enough remains to be seen though.

I honestly thought you were very poor against us and an in form 2015 Dundalk side would have steamrolled you. Dundalk were equally poor though that night.

In Corks favor there are number of new signings that could improve if the team gels. Dundalk don't have that

kksaints wrote: »
    Do Harps have any fan commentary or will it be twitter updates for tomorrow night? It will be a tough one for us Harps seem decent at home but Im hoping if Fagan is back that we will win.
    no fans stuff atm. Highland radio will probably do updates (but will most likely be torture in between!)
    We have an app with a matchtracker called mobstats. The guy that used to do the commentry is good at updating it. I can pm the matchlink when he posts it if you want. I havnt used it this season so cant testify as to how good it is atm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can't see us taking anything from Oriel tomorrow.

Would be over the moon with a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Market Fields being ticked off and back to a 100% record! Don't think we'll get anything down there unfortunately, but stranger things have happened!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I honestly thought you were very poor against us and an in form 2015 Dundalk side would have steamrolled you. Dundalk were equally poor though that night.

In Corks favor there are number of new signings that could improve if the team gels. Dundalk don't have that

Believe us when we say that we are much much improved this season. Wheter its good enough or not is the question, has to be 3 points up in Sligo tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No idea what to expect from Bohs tonight. Rocky start to the season but we have beaten Longford in the league cup recently so there's room for some hope.

Harps - Pats postponed due to waterlogged pitch.
    Must be a serious amount of rain through the gap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Think Wexford youths might get their first win of the season tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm delighted we didn't play well and still beat ye, last year we were poor and got beaten. Besides 1 or 2 positional things to sort out the team is much improved this season as shown in other matches. 2015's Dundalk can only play 2015's Cork City :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

overshoot wrote: »
    Harps - Pats postponed due to waterlogged pitch.
    Must be a serious amount of rain through the gap!

I know some fans traveled up this morning. you would be sick!!

As for the Bohs Match, if we don't take the 3 points then it's panic stations. Could do with a heavy win!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

St mels Brewery sponsoring the Bohs v longford match. Will help numb oneself for the match.

major bill wrote: »
    I know some fans traveled up this morning. you would be sick!!

In fairness they called it early enough, my post was 12.30 so unless they were on the road before 10 would have had a bit left to go.... still far from ideal! By all accounts the weather was dreadful in the area.
    Match re-scheduled for monday 11th April. Going to mean 5 games in 2 weeks for us including 2 trips to Galway and one to Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Ferrycarrig Park has PASSED late pitch inspection

Beautiful finish from McMillan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Referee in the Dundalk/Derry match is shocking.

Referee in the Dundalk/Derry match is shocking.

2 very weak sending offs.

Refs seem to ruin games at all levels these days.

btw, I hate watching football on 3G pitches, its such an unnatural surface. And thats what we are getting if the Brandywell is ever renovated (big IF)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

http://www.limerickfc.ie/supporters-information-for-league-opener

Summer Street car park is 5mins walk from the ground. City centre is about 10mins.

A point at Dundalk, happy with that, especially after going behind so early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Back down to earth with a bang...and no Alan Byrne to blame. Don't know what to think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Kenny Shiels said 70 seconds before he thought there would be another red card. Referee was a disgrace tonight.

https://streamable.com/k0t8?t=53.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

So bloody relieved to get a win on the board. Bray looked brilliant for the first 15, tested our keeper non-stop for a while, then faded away big time. Danny Furlong came off injured.

Graham Doyle certainly kept Youths in the game after an onslaught in the 1st 10 minutes. Delighted for him

• Advertisement

Graham Doyle certainly kept Youths in the game after an onslaught in the 1st 10 minutes. Delighted for him

He seems to have stopped going for the punch-clearance at corners every time, staying on his line instead. Plays to his strengths really. He's missed a fair few punches this season but he's an excellent shot-stopper.

Two very very average teams in Dalymount. Bohs took their chances and longford didn't who managed to miss two near open goals before Bohs scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Kenny Shiels seems to have an obsession about where dug outs are located. Went on about it again during interview in the first half. Dundalk were fairly ordinary enough tonight. Thought the Derry sending off was very harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Reckon that's us stuck to the bottom of the table for the season.

Bray's Hugh Douglas deserves special mention this week I think, was absolutely brilliant for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Not Galway's night, they had some chances, best side I've seen this season against Rovers.

Miele was terrific, 9/9.5 out of 10, Drennan was dreadful after his free header went wide, maybe 1 or 2/10..

• Advertisement

Bray's Hugh Douglas deserves special mention this week I think, was absolutely brilliant for them.

He's getting better as the seasons go on, him being local is probably best bet of keeping him on. Was class as a young lad too.

Was 2-0 a fair result? Can't wait to make it to Ferrycarrig later in the year, result better be different though!

kksaints wrote: »
    Kenny Shiels seems to have an obsession about where dug outs are located. Went on about it again during interview in the first half. Dundalk were fairly ordinary enough tonight. Thought the Derry sending off was very harsh.

Yeah he did rant on a bit about it.

To be fair, I think this idea of interviewing managers while they are trying to concentrate on the game is a little pathetic.

Stop trying to outdo Skysports RTE.

Mushy wrote: »
    Was 2-0 a fair result? Can't wait to make it to Ferrycarrig later in the year, result better be different though!

We could have been 2 down within the 1st 5 minutes only for our keeper. We were worth the win, just

He's getting better as the seasons go on, him being local is probably best bet of keeping him on. Was class as a young lad too.

Very hard to say. Bray were really all over us like a rash for the first 15, but in the second half never really got past our back four. Scoreline slightly flatters us I'd say, but with the luck we've had so far this year I'm slow to say so!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Christ it was a dire game in Belfield yesterday. Almost as dire as Athlone's new jerseys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not sure what to take from that game in Dalymount last night. Conditions weren't great but we took our chances well.

Keith Buckley is the strangest player going. Can barely pick a simple ball but is one of the most composed finishers in front of goal in high pressure situations.

Ben Mohammed is ridiculously good. His control, skill and pace is absolutely frightening. We've been missing someone like him on the wing for quite some time.

First half was dreadful. We never got going. Longford should have scored twice but couldn't punish us.

Two big lapses in concentration killed them.

Second half we were in control. Upped the tempo big time and could have had a glut.

A vicious strike from Longford cannoned off the post would have made for nervy times if it had gone in.

Bohs need to start clicking. Two tricky games coming up in the league. Bray away and Rovers at home. The latter probably takes care of itself but if we don't start imposing ourselves on teams from the first minute, we'll be murdered.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ben Mohammed is the most exciting player we're had in Dalymount in some time, every time he gets the ball the crowd expects something to happen.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Ben Mohammed is the most exciting player we're had in Dalymount in some time, every time he gets the ball the crowd expects something to happen.

Was gutted that he left. Was great last season in Longford

We could have been 2 down within the 1st 5 minutes only for our keeper. We were worth the win, just
    Very hard to say. Bray were really all over us like a rash for the first 15, but in the second half never really got past our back four. Scoreline slightly flatters us I'd say, but with the luck we've had so far this year I'm slow to say so!

Typical really!

A season of hoping there are teams just worse than us now

EDIT: Another 5 goals for Limerick, bloody hell!

CHealy wrote: »
    Believe us when we say that we are much much improved this season. Wheter its good enough or not is the question, has to be 3 points up in Sligo tomorrow night.

I havent seen any improvement from Cork. One controversial penalty is the only goal you've scored on the road so far. So obviously Caulfields negativity remains.
    But like I've said. Dundalk, Pat's and Rovers have all regressed too so Cork will easily still be in the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

I spoke to a Sligo fan who was at the game and he said it was the same old away performance from Cork. It must frustrate Cork fans. It's like Caulfield holds them back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

Any word on how Sligo rovers played last night. Great point to get, wasn't expecting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

EDIT: Another 5 goals for Limerick, bloody hell!

Keeper at fault for at least 2 of the goals, 2nd half their fitness and wage bill showed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I spoke to a Sligo fan who was at the game and he said it was the same old away performance from Cork. It must frustrate Cork fans. It's like Caulfield holds them back.

Iv gone beyond understanding it at this stage, in fact its almost not fair on me and the other 100 or so who travel to nearly every away game to put up with rubbish like that when we know we can play ball. Caulfield rightly got a good bit of stick when over by the away fans last Saturday. We've not have the easiest start, Derry, Dundalk and Sligo as the first three away games is crap, but theres no point beating Dundalk away if we can only pick up 1 point from the other two. Of course we'll go out on Friday and beat Wexford 4-0 and all will be forgotten until another negative performance up in Galway the week after. Frustrating isnt even the word.

Keeper at fault for at least 2 of the goals, 2nd half their fitness and wage bill showed.

So no stopping them then?

Shels did a live on Facebook video of the match, was quite cool to be able to see it (only watched about 5 minutes in total). Wonder could it take off more?

• Advertisement
Advertisement