Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Bray?

• 31-03-2016 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at a few areas around Dublin/Wicklow to rent a house. There are a couple of properties in Bray and I was wondering what the Herbert road area is like?

I know the general area as I have lived on the Bray side of Shankill for a few years, so i just want a bit of guidance on if its a "rough" area or a "good" area as I know Bray, like most places has both.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I'm looking at a few areas around Dublin/Wicklow to rent a house. There are a couple of properties in Bray and I was wondering what the Herbert road area is like?

I know the general area as I have lived on the Bray side of Shankill for a few years, so i just want a bit of guidance on if its a "rough" area or a "good" area as I know Bray, like most places has both.

Thanks

Generally, the Herbert Road should be fine. It's quite a long road so depending where you are renting you might have a bit of a walk into town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Dr Strange wrote: »
    Generally, the Herbert Road should be fine. It's quite a long road so depending where you are renting you might have a bit of a walk into town.

Thanks, the house is just a 5-8 min walk down Herbert road from the main street. It's not in an estate, it's one of the house along the road itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You'll be perfectly OK there, no problem.

Alun wrote: »
    You'll be perfectly OK there, no problem.

Would it be classed as one of the good areas of Bray to live?

Would it be classed as one of the good areas of Bray to live?
    I'd say so, yes.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    I'd say so, yes.

Thanks, I'm just trying to get as much info as possible. The rent they are asking seems high for Bray, so was wondering if its worth it.

Thanks, I'm just trying to get as much info as possible. The rent they are asking seems high for Bray, so was wondering if its worth it.
    I'd guess you're paying for the proximity to the town centre more than anything there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

The rent in Bray is very high, as is every at the moment I suppose. I was most surprised by the limited amount of properties to rent. 13 on Daft and 10 on myHome.
    Also, the one in Ardmore might be nicer that being on Herbert Rd. It's only a 15min walk to the Dart from Ardmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We are living in Bray since 2011. When we were looking there was always 90+ properties to choose from. Since then we've been keeping an eye on it and the amount of available properties has absolutely plummeted. Rents have gone up and there's a real dearth of decent places.

Advertisement