Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small gas cylinders

Options
  • 31-03-2016 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

The central heating system packed in on us and we are waiting for replacement and repair work to be carried out.

I needed a heater and went for a gas superser. There's not a lot of places that do them anymore and I ordered online. I persume it would fit any small gas cylinder and I could pop down to the local shop for some gas and pick up a bottle of calorgas or whatever they have down there. I don't know what kind of gas the local shops sell. The leaflet says flogas or ergas cylinders only. I checked online for stockists and there's a few flogas stockists but they are all way out from my way. Ergas - there's not a lot coming up online. Would these be hard to come by in Galway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I'm just after checking my back yard. There's a very old and empty cylinder of gas out there and it's Ergas on the cylinder so it will probably be easy to source locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm pretty sure one of the garages on Lough Atalia has Flogas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

biko wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure one of the garages on Lough Atalia has Flogas.

Thanks for this. If all else fails locally, I'll take a trip into town at some stage during the weekend.

Advertisement