Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare Burren Marathon Challenge

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

pete_mcs wrote: »
    I ran 18 mile of the western way while training for the burren. Life a few miles away. It's tough! Doubt I can run 50!

I might know you!

I'm fairly sure I can't run 50 miles either.
    I'm hoping I can cover the 50 through a combination of walking, jogging and hiking. Also intend to do a bit of resting, eating and taking photographs. We have all day so there's a fair chance I'll arrive back in Westport by dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

snailsong wrote: »
    Well done, Marty. That a pb? You'll have a good shake at sub 19 this summer.

Needy, I had 10 to 12 in mind but might end up with ye for some of it. 50 miles by yourself is a bit much. And Marty isn't biting.:D

You're more than welcome to join us at any stage, the more the merrier especially if we're thinking of a similar pacing strategy.
    pete_mcs wrote: »
    I ran 18 mile of the western way while training for the burren. Life a few miles away. It's tough! Doubt I can run 50!

I can't either but I'm taking a similar approach to Snailsong, jog, hike and walk it but most of all, enjoy and have the craic :)
    snailsong wrote: »

I'm fairly sure I can't run 50 miles either.
    I'm hoping I can cover the 50 through a combination of walking, jogging and hiking. Also intend to do a bit of resting, eating and taking photographs. We have all day so there's a fair chance I'll arrive back in Westport by dark.

+1 we'll make it doable and a fun day :)

Advertisement