Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Access to Mastercard Account

Options
  • 31-03-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Hi

I hope you can help – I spent 15 minutes on hold with Credit Card Services but didn’t get through.

I used to have a current and savings account with BoI and through this had access to my BoI Mastercard online.  I still had access to my credit card online for a few months after I closed my other accounts but have been without now for a few months.  Can you tell me if there are any plans to make credit card accounts accessible online to non current account holders?  I would prefer not to change but I want to have regular access to my account so I can spot any unexpected charges rather only being able to see this once a month.

Is there a set time when the government levy is applied – if I am changing I do not want to incur the cost twice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

I just held for BOI Credit Card services for the last 25 minutes . My online account has been inexplicably blocked. The woman I spoke to said she couldnt help me because I didnt have a BOI account number to hand. I closed my current around 2 years ago when BOI brought in their ludicrous bank charges but kept a savings account there so I could use 365Online. Now I'm on hold again (call time 34 minute and counting).  I have no idea why my account is blocked, I called the phone number I was told to call on the website.  Seems their whole helpline setup is a shambles - left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Unfortunately it does seem that way.  When I was closing my current account I was told I had to close my savings account so I did even though I would have been happy to leave it open.  Then when I lost access to the online bit I was told had I kept that savings account open I would have been able to keep the online access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi All,

Thanks for your posts here on Boards.ie.

We understand your frustration in relation to viewing your Credit card online.

Our support team are looking into an alternative for this and we’ll post any updates here.

Thanks for your patience,
    Tara C

Hi All,

Our support team are looking into an alternative for this and we’ll post any updates here.

Tara C
    Hi Tara

Is this something that is at an advance stage?  If it's something that's on a medium to long term list then I'll probably end up moving.

Do you know if the government levy is taken at a set time as I want to avoid paying it on the double if I move to another card provider.  Do I have to give much notice to close my credit card - I will probably want a slight overlap to make sure my new one is up and running before I close my current one.

Thanks

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

datk wrote: »
    Hi All,

Tara C
    Hi Tara

Is this something that is at an advance stage?  If it's something that's on a medium to long term list then I'll probably end up moving.

Do you know if the government levy is taken at a set time as I want to avoid paying it on the double if I move to another card provider.  Do I have to give much notice to close my credit card - I will probably want a slight overlap to make sure my new one is up and running before I close my current one.

Thanks

D
    Hi datk,

Thank you for your post here. 

We do not have a specific date at the moment however this is something that is currently been worked on and we hope to have updates soon.

Government Duty is applied annually to all Credit Cards on the 1st of April. This tax is charged in arrears on all credit cards and is applicable to all accounts with a Republic of Ireland address. Therefore if you close your Credit Card account, you would be charged for this for the use of your card within the current tax year. However, if you are moving to a different provider we can supply you with a ‘Government Stamp Duty Exemption letter’ upon closure which you can give to your new bank which will enable them to waive the fee next year. Further information on the Government Stamp Duty can be located here.

Thank you,

Tara C

• Advertisement

Thanks Tara, I might leave it for a few weeks and see if the online access happens.  Thanks for the other information.

D

Hi. Has there been any progress on this matter?
    Hi All,

Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi datk,

We've recently launched our new 'Card Care' service which allows customer to view real time balance and transaction details online.

You do not have to be signed up for Banking 365 Online or hold a Current Account with Bank of Ireland to use this service.

You can register for Card Care through our group website here

Thanks,

Sharon

Hi datk,

We've recently launched our new 'Card Care' service which allows customer to view real time balance and transaction details online.

You do not have to be signed up for Banking 365 Online or hold a Current Account with Bank of Ireland to use this service.

You can register for Card Care through our group website here

Thanks,

Sharon
    That's brilliant, signed up and straight in with full access.  Thanks.

Delighted to hear this datk, thanks for getting back to us. 

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Can I ask can existing customers with 365 online access to their credit card sign up to this also; and is there any advantage if so? Does it give more up to date balance info etc.?

Thanks 

Hi lotsofthegreen,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Our Card Care service is offered in addition to Banking 365 Online and is available to all personal Bank of Ireland credit card holders. 

This service offers a range of additional service options including easy access to real time balance and transaction details such as unbilled and pending transactions. 

We will have a sticky up shortly including more information on this service. If you would like to register for Card Care, please see here

Thanks,

Sharon

Can I ask can existing customers with 365 online access to their credit card sign up to this also; and is there any advantage if so? Does it give more up to date balance info etc.?

Thanks 
    I used to have access to Banking 365 and it appears to be the same amount of information. I was able to see a same day purchase that was listed as 'processing' and the amount spent but not who I bought from. I can see old statements etc. The look of the dashboard is less 'jazzy' than I remember 365.

Advertisement