Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom webmail, can't change password

Options
  • 31-03-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭

I have an old eircom webmail account I rarely use that appears to have been hacked. I can still access it using my current password, but I keep seeing new entries in the sent and drafts folders, and also in the address book.

If I click on the "forgot or change your password" link in the login screen I get the following screen ...

den09x.jpg

It looks like something is broken your end.

I should add that I'm no longer an eircom customer if that makes any difference, but the link should work in any case I would have thought.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nobody??? What's even more hilarious is the screen that greets you when you just try to access autoreg.eir.ie ...

3518rxx.jpg

Amateur hour stuff, really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Alun wrote: »
    I have an old eircom webmail account I rarely use that appears to have been hacked. I can still access it using my current password, but I keep seeing new entries in the sent and drafts folders, and also in the address book.

If I click on the "forgot or change your password" link in the login screen I get the following screen ...

den09x.jpg

It looks like something is broken your end.

I should add that I'm no longer an eircom customer if that makes any difference, but the link should work in any case I would have thought.
    Hi  Alun,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear this.

Is this the link you are using https://autoreg.eir.ie/passwordchange/changeunknown_pwd.html?

Pamela 

It's whatever is behind the link on the login screen which is http://autoreg.eir.ie/passwordchange/, but the link you provided above gives exactly the same result.

It's not browser dependant, I get the same result with Chrome and IE.

I also tried it on my Android phone with Vodafone and got the same result.

It's whatever is behind the link on the login screen which is http://autoreg.eir.ie/passwordchange/, but the link you provided above gives exactly the same result.

What error message are you getting Alun? I cant see your previous attachment. 

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    That's odd, it's a screen grab posted on tinypic.com and enclosed in IMG tags as per usual boards technique for embedding images. Maybe tinypic.com is blocked for you somehow. I've attached them as normal attachments instead, hopefully that will work for you.

• Advertisement

-Pamela 
    That's odd, it's a screen grab posted on tinypic.com and enclosed in IMG tags as per usual boards technique for embedding images. Maybe tinypic.com is blocked for you somehow. I've attached them as normal attachments instead, hopefully that will work for you.
    I cant see this attachment either Alun :(

Can you advise the error message you are getting and I'll have this flagged?

-Pamela 

Well, all I can say is that there must be something weird your end if you can't view a standard boards attachment of a JPG file. Could you get one of your colleagues to look into why that isn't working? I can click on those attachments here perfectly OK.

Anyway, I've just clicked on the problematic link again, and now all I get is a 404 error.

Server Error
    404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Previously I got a complete screen from IIS, the web server you use, with more detailed information on the error, but I don't get that any more.

Well, all I can say is that there must be something weird your end if you can't view a standard boards attachment of a JPG file. Could you get one of your colleagues to look into why that isn't working? I can click on those attachments here perfectly OK.

Anyway, I've just clicked on the problematic link again, and now all I get is a 404 error.

Server Error
    404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Previously I got a complete screen from IIS, the web server you use, with more detailed information on the error, but I don't get that any more.
    No problem Alun,

I have flagged this issue with the on-line team now and it is been investigated.

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    In the meantime I would recommend contacting our technical support team in regards to your password reset.

You can contact them on 1890260260 or on freephone 1901.

- Pamela 

I never got around to calling to reset it, but tried the website method today and finally it's working.

• Advertisement

I never got around to calling to reset it, but tried the website method today and finally it's working.
    No problem  Alun,

Glad to hear it's finally working for you :)

-Pamela 

Advertisement