Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 - no beep/noise

Options
  • 31-03-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi All,

I had a HKC Quantum 70 installed approx 2 years ago. Over the past couple of months the beep when the alarm is set or needs to be disarmed and also the computer voice to say the alarm has been set have gradually gotten worse and at the start of this week have stopped completely. The alarm appears to be still working but just the sound has stopped. Does a battery need to be replaced on these alarms even though it appears to be connected to a power socket?

Cheers,
    Hcksaw.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Could be the speaker or speaker connections.
    You say it is installed approx 2 years. If it's the good side of that then it should still be under warranty. Worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Reckon It was March 2014 I got it installed. Electrician that installed it gonna call out and have a look at it. If it was something as simple as changing a battery I would've saved him the trip but since it's a connection I'll get him out to be on the safe side.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it's still under warranty I would be asking for it to be replaced either way. Better safe than sorry later. It's very early for hardware problems like this.

True. I'll check the manual when i get home and see what warranty was provided with it. Presume it would be 2 years as standard though?

I would certainly be arguing it if it were a month or 2 out. I have never had an issue getting a panel of this age replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 zhangj5

Hi All,

I had a HKC Quantum 70 installed approx 2 years ago. Over the past couple of months the beep when the alarm is set or needs to be disarmed and also the computer voice to say the alarm has been set have gradually gotten worse and at the start of this week have stopped completely. The alarm appears to be still working but just the sound has stopped. Does a battery need to be replaced on these alarms even though it appears to be connected to a power socket?

Cheers,
    Hcksaw.

Hi HcksawJimDuggan, my HKC Quantum 70 has exactly the same problem. Just wondering how was yours got fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

zhangj5 wrote: »
    Hi HcksawJimDuggan, my HKC Quantum 70 has exactly the same problem. Just wondering how was yours got fixed?

The speaker needs to be replaced.

zhangj5 wrote: »

I got the whole control panel replaced. Original installer did it at no cost. As far as I know, it was covered under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Reckon It was March 2014 I got it installed. Electrician that installed it gonna call out and have a look at it. If it was something as simple as changing a battery I would've saved him the trip but since it's a connection I'll get him out to be on the safe side.

Did and does your electrician have a PSA licence?

https://www.psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/Pages/about_us

kub wrote: »
    Did and does your electrician have a PSA licence?

https://www.psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/Pages/about_us

Ya he's on the register alright.

Apologies if this seems obvious but what is the advantage in using someone that has a PSA licence?

• Advertisement

Ya he's on the register alright.

Apologies if this seems obvious but what is the advantage in using someone that has a PSA licence?

Its not about an advantage, it a legal requirement.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its not about an advantage, it a legal requirement.

Fair enough but not exactly something I would be concerned with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Fair enough but not exactly something I would be concerned with.

So, I take it he wasn't licenced then.

So, I take it he wasn't licenced then.

He genuinely was licenced. Just would have thought it is the contractor that should be concerned with being registered with the PSA as opposed to the customer. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zhangj5

I got the whole control panel replaced. Original installer did it at no cost. As far as I know, it was covered under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭judge30

He genuinely was licenced. Just would have thought it is the contractor that should be concerned with being registered with the PSA as opposed to the customer. Maybe I'm wrong.

IF YOU EMPLOY AN UNLICENSED PROVIDER OF INTRUDER ALARM INSTALLATION OR ALARM MONITORING CENTRE SERVICES YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW!

i just Copied that of the psa website ,im not shouting it ,im just informing you.

Advertisement