Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation within 14-day cooling off period

Options
  • 31-03-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi. 

I signed up for an eir bundle on the 21st March. I want to cancel this while I'm still in the 14-day cancellation period. Is it enough to have just sent a letter (using the sample format provided in one of the emails)? Is there anything else I need to do? I've had no indication that you've received my letter and I'm worried that the cooling off period will have expired, you'll assume I'm in a contract, the engineer will show up next week, and I'll be billed. 

I've been trying to get through on chat but funnily enough, any option other than "sales" is never responded to. Been waiting over 34 minutes now after trying both "order query" and "customer service" options, the Sales one gets answered within 5 seconds :rolleyes:

Can I PM you the account details I have so you can check? 

Thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Cocolola wrote: »
    Hi. 

I signed up for an eir bundle on the 21st March. I want to cancel this while I'm still in the 14-day cancellation period. Is it enough to have just sent a letter (using the sample format provided in one of the emails)? Is there anything else I need to do? I've had no indication that you've received my letter and I'm worried that the cooling off period will have expired, you'll assume I'm in a contract, the engineer will show up next week, and I'll be billed. 

I've been trying to get through on chat but funnily enough, any option other than "sales" is never responded to. Been waiting over 34 minutes now after trying both "order query" and "customer service" options, the Sales one gets answered within 5 seconds :rolleyes:

Can I PM you the account details I have so you can check? 

Thanks. 
    Hi Cocolola,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    I would recommend contacting the cancellations team on 1901 regarding cancelling a contract during the cooling off period and they will be able to arrange this for you.

Pamela 

Advertisement