Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of painting a house?

Options
  • 31-03-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

We have recently got a quote which I thought was high from a painter on painting the interior of a 4 Bedroom House in Meath.

We asked for the following to be included: Walls, Ceiling, Skirting board, doors, radioators, bannister, shelves.

I am wondering what people would think the price would be for this job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Squatman

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MetHerInSolas

Bingo....that's the quote we got.

Not my area this but I thought that was high (excluding paint)!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

You have to remember that it is not just a case of slapping a coat of paint on, there is a lot of preparation involved too... filling, sanding, priming, undercoating. Be prepared for the paint to cost more than you expect too, especially if you are going for different colors in each area! You can keep the costs down a little bit if you run the same colour throughout. Also, buy good quality paint, if you go for a cheap own-brand paint you may save a few quid but you will double the labor!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Recently we had our kitchen, dining room, sitting room, one bedroom, entrance hall, corridor, utility painted by prof painters.
    Got two quotes, one quote 2200 including paint and second quote was 1,000 including paint. Went with second quote obviously ended up paying 1,100 because had to get sitting room painted twice due to not liking first colour.
    Hope this helps, we live in mayo. Huge difference in the two quotes. Shop around. Ask local paint shop for recommendations.
    Used Dulux. This also included ceilings and varnishing 5 doors.

Advertisement