Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cornmarket motorbike insurance

• 31-03-2016 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Is anyone insured with cornmarket motorcycle insurance are they legit.i just got a quote from them seriously cheaper than carol Nash who I've been with for years.some feedback would be great.thanks.almost seems to good to be true if you know what I mean and I don't want to get stung.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hondavfr

uisce33 wrote: »
    Is anyone insured with cornmarket motorcycle insurance are they legit.i just got a quote from them seriously cheaper than carol Nash who I've been with for years.some feedback would be great.thanks.almost seems to good to be true if you know what I mean and I don't want to get stung.

I was with them for 5 years or so,its Adelaide insurance. I've gone with carol nash this year as i got a better quote but up to this year they were the cheapest by far. I had no issue with them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

hondavfr wrote: »
    I was with them for 5 years or so,its Adelaide insurance. I've gone with carol nash this year as i got a better quote but up to this year they were the cheapest by far. I had no issue with them anyway.

Good stuff thanks a mill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Most people i know are with adelaide/cornmarket.

I am with then too. I had a claim a while back and it was all processed very fast and hassle free.

They also stood over the protected ncb i pay for and my renewal came is cheaper than last year.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm with them. Was with Liberty before, had a claim and despite having no claims bonus protection they ramped up my renewal by 50%. Called Cornmarket and they gave me a better deal than I had the previous year. I have all the trimmings like riding other bikes, taking pillions and legal cover etc, and I can add a second bike for tiny money - which I need to do right now actually.

Edit: Just called, I added another bike ('83 BMW K100) for €36 including admin fee. Sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I've been with them since they smashed a CN quote. Easy to deal with and good customer service. ****e breakdown cover but sure who can give you want you want for a cheap price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

I've been with them since they smashed a CN quote. Easy to deal with and good customer service. ****e breakdown cover but sure who can give you want you want for a cheap price.

I have found their breakdown cover fine, was from cartow on both occasions (puncture).

You can remove it from teh policy if you like and go with a 3rd party but I've no idea if they are any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Just reading that Cornmarket offer insurance for IAM members. I'd consider that a recommendation. But breakdown cover, IRL\UK\EU, might be be worth factoring in to a price comparison too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Im with cornmarket too and I'm happy with their quote for this year again. Includes 45days European riding, riding other bikes,etc. Never had to use them yet and dont want to either. They are also very easy to deal with on the phone and with email confirmation and documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Chisum

I was with them last two years, I am with principal this year cheaper price same cover I would suggest giving them a ring and get a quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

uisce33 wrote: »

Dont forget to specify commuting if you are using it to get to work. They dont include it as standard was an extra 80 odd for me. Liberty were 150 cheaper this year though so I switched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ilikebigbikes

+1 for Principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Who would you reccommend for a newbie bike rider?
    28,M, Waterford.

Prob a 300cc bike.
    *Apologies if hijacking thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

micknail wrote: »
    Who would you reccommend for a newbie bike rider?
    28,M, Waterford.

Prob a 300cc bike.
    *Apologies if hijacking thread.

Learners, - Liberty Insurance or Princple try both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,889 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Just had an email from Cornmarket.
    The underwriter behind them is withdrawing from the Irish market and they're handing the motorbike renewals over to Carole Nash.
    From 1st July, any new business or renewals will be quoted for by CN. Existing customers will be contacted now or very soon.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Just got the same one. Balls. I wonder what this will mean? Higher premiums I'm guessing. I liked Cornmarket - very good policy at a decent price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,889 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I was with CN until 3 years ago. Adelaide / Cornmarket undercut them by €100 iirc, and continued to do so. Perhaps they weren't charging enough. If I'd only saved €50 I'd have been happy enough, and they might still be doing business here.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fireblade77

Ya I was with them for 8 years i think, renewal was up April 20th , but quote was too much this year so went with carole Nash , I got their email on the news that they are leaving the irish market. dissapointed that there is one less insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Zascar wrote:
    Just got the same one. Balls. I wonder what this will mean? Higher premiums I'm guessing. I liked Cornmarket - very good policy at a decent price.

Try Principal. Pretty much same benefits as Cornmarket. Rang them today for a quote as my renewal is up next Monday (with Cornmarket no less) and they beat the price by both Cornmarket and CN. Happy with that, so will be going with them for this year.

Only problem is I have a claim on my policy from a bike getting stolen 3 years ago. Last year I spent hours ringing around everyone to get the best quote but no one could beat them. Maybe I'll have more luck this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I also got the email. I then got a follow up email stating that they will offer me a renewal quote as my policy ends weeks before the cut off date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I also got the email. I then got a follow up email stating that they will offer me a renewal quote as my policy ends weeks before the cut off date.

Exact same here.
    Renewal quote was up €85 though.
    Odds are probably slim on them knocking it back down like they did last year.

I just called there and luckily mine is up for renewal before they do the handover. Price has stayed much the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Zascar wrote:
    I just called there and luckily mine is up for renewal before they do the handover. Price has stayed much the same.

Same but Principle mullered them on price.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Zascar wrote: »
    bladespin wrote: »
    Same but Principle mullered them on price.

I rang principle on Tuesday.
    They said they'd call me back on Wednesday with a quote.Never called me back.

Got onto Carol Nash Yesterday afternoon.
    They gave me all the bells and whistles on 4 bikes for €360.

Just off the phone with them and Cornmarket(current insurer) call me and say €460 is the best they can do.
    No commuting,no legal,no breakdown and only fully comp on main bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah CM are a bit off a dinosaur at this stage, Principle are being really aggressive just like adelaide were a couple of years ago.

I got an email from principal yesterday with my renewal which is up end of the month, price has dropped €60 from last year without as much as a haggle (€258 Fully Comp all in) Full NCB protection and all the usual suspects....also I was told by that the end of the month they are doing leathers and helmet cover for €50.

Interesting. I got quoted €465 but that's for 3 bikes, breakdown, legal, pillion, commuting, no claims protection - plus I had a bike stolen a few years ago so I did have a claim. Might give Principal a call when up for renewal at the end of July

Advertisement