Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging Basket Seeds

Options
  • 31-03-2016 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I am an absolute garden novice....I was looking for abit of advice on growing some seeds to put into hanging baskets for the summer (or am I too late?)

Ended up costing me a few bob buying them last summer so was hoping to grow them myself if I could....

If this is possible what would be the best / easiest to grow? and also under what conditions?

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

retenzo12 wrote: »
    I am an absolute garden novice....I was looking for abit of advice on growing some seeds to put into hanging baskets for the summer (or am I too late?)

Ended up costing me a few bob buying them last summer so was hoping to grow them myself if I could....

If this is possible what would be the best / easiest to grow? and also under what conditions?

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Most of the 'normal' basket plants are not grown from seed, and those that are such as trailing lobelia you are a little late in sowing.

You could try dwarf nasturtiums or sweet pea but I'd stick with buying the plants tbh, as they will perform best.

Advertisement