Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a house in Rialto

Options
  • 31-03-2016 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello guys, how are you?

I'm looking for a place to rent and I have found one in Rialto, near my job and the St. James Hospital but I've heard that the area is not safe, is that true?

I kinda new in the city (I live in Drumcondra now) and I want an advice from people who live or lived in the area.

I appreciate your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Can be dangerous at night. Wouldn't live there with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

It depends on the street. Down the New Ireland Road side of the village is fine, I lived there for five years (about six years' ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

Most of Rialto is fine,just the same issues as the rest of inner city Dublin.
    Have jus t cycled through it(live in Inchicore) & managed to get home in one piece :)
    Know plenty of families raising their kids there as well.
    If you're happy with the actual place you are thinking of renting I'd say you wont regret it.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What's the name of the road? I've had friends living all over Dublin 8, including the South Circular just beside Dolphin House and they didn't have any problems, it's cool once you know the areas to avoid. Can advise you much better if we know specifically which area you're looking at.

The only red lines I'd have about living in Rialto would be, don't so much as set foot on St Anthony's Road if you can avoid it, and the same for the upper end of Basin Street. I don't want to scare you off the area though because it honestly is extremely localised - there's a lot of bullsh!t on Anthony's Road but if you're even one street over, it's completely fine and is like living in a totally different suburb. Same with Basin St - the Guinness Storehouse is right around the corner and you'd hardly find anyone calling that a rough spot.

Let us know which street you're thinking of and people will be able to be more specific.

On the plus side, you're beside a whole bunch of stuff - very close to the Luas, lots of bus routes, Lidl and Tesco around the corner, great off license with a nice selection of craft beers, and Dolphin's Barn has several pubs (although some of these seem to be closed during the renovation works to the flats at Dolphin House) - and it's a beautiful area with lots of nearby green land (lots of roads in Drimnagh which have large greens in the middle) and obviously the canal as well which is great for a walk.

Advertisement