Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jammed Rollei B35 - help

• 31-03-2016 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the correct place.

Recently was given a "working" Rollei B35 and decided to do a test roll.

The film advance lever seems jammed, I loaded some film to see if having something in there would do, but it has done nothing to help.

The lens seems temperamental, currently will pull out but has been jammed as well.

Any ideas?

I have read the manual and seen this guy but no idea what to do.
    The repair manual was offered here but the thread is dead.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Start dissassembly, you've nothing to lose :-D Document every step so you know what goes where when you get around to reassembly. From experience, taking the things apart is rarely a problem. Putting them back together again can occasionally be ... troublesome :-/

8973405140_61ffa03b71_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

That is what I was thinking, taking a part is fine, its the reassembling thats a bit of a ball ache!

If I just document every step visually then it should be fine, yeah?
    No idea really what to look for, from what I read online "softly softly" is the approach to jiggling or poking at things.

Just would love to get it to work, not had a chance to use it yet.

The shutter release is also very stiff, but no sign of rust or dust or fungus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Guess who does not have a flat headed screw driver.

I tend to get very very absorbed into tasks when I start, so I think I may leave my Rollei behind when I head back to Uni and try and fix it when I am back during summer.

So until then!

Advertisement