Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indestructible dog toy recommendations please

• 31-03-2016 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Our dog destroys virtually every toy he gets. Apart from his Kongs nothing else lasts. Any recommendations on strong toys we can get him? I know nothing is 100% indestructible but if something lasted more than a week that'd be a start! I saw a range called Seriously Strong in a pet shop a few years ago, are they good? Haven't seen them in any pet stores in Cork but could get them online if they're good.

Something that squeaks would be a bonus as he's obsessed with our baby's squeaky toys. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Breed/size? Might be able to give you some suggests based on size appropriateness!

My GSD is crazy for his Boomer Ball, it's basically a hard plastic ball that he can knock around and can't sink his teeth into!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Thanks VonVix. He's a small terrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I gave our small Jack Russell a golf ball and he has the same one for about 2 years, its the gift the keeps on giving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

We bought some Tuffy toys for our dogs. They come in lots of shapes and sizes i.e. we got a sheep, shark and penguin. Ours are still going. They're easy for them to pick up and throw around but the stitches etc aren't easy for them to pull at like other toys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dawney

Bells21 wrote: »
    We bought some Tuffy toys for our dogs. They come in lots of shapes and sizes i.e. we got a sheep, shark and penguin. Ours are still going. They're easy for them to pick up and throw around but the stitches etc aren't easy for them to pull at like other toys.

I got some of these for my dog too, they give ratings according to how hard they are to demolish, 10 being the most robust. Unfortunately my dog didn't get the memo and managed to destroy a 9 pretty quickly, though nowhere near as quickly as a regular stuffed toy! Having said that, one tuffy did last for about 3 months until foster dog got her teeth into it :rolleyes:

I find rope toys are best for my guy, and kong do plaited rope soft toys (rather than stuffed ones) which last a little longer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

I bought this one as my dog has gone through a few toys and never liked the rubber kongs. This one squeaks and it's light enough for a small dog to throw about.

http://www.petworlddirect.ie/p/outward-hound-fire-biterz-lizard-2-squeak/p187063583

I'd cut the legs off though as they aren't that tough and only seem to be there to make it look nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

pawrick wrote: »
    I bought this one as my dog has gone through a few toys and never liked the rubber kongs. This one squeaks and it's light enough for a small dog to throw about.

http://www.petworlddirect.ie/p/outward-hound-fire-biterz-lizard-2-squeak/p187063583

I'd cut the legs off though as they aren't that tough and only seem to be there to make it look nice.

That looks like his kind of thing, he loves anything that squeaks. Thanks pawrick!
    Thanks everyone :)

Advertisement