Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Haha that was the worst near miss accident I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

dee_mc wrote: »
    Surely the actor dyes it?!

I've seen enough dodgy dye jobs and wigs on Fair City to think it's down to the show tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

dee_mc wrote: »
    Surely the actor dyes it?!

Can't keep my eyes off it now

Bob and Ama will be an item shortly

Are there Kerry-Ann's in real life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, this Nuss-Whisperin' Bob gripe story makes me miss Damo-Pete....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Neasa's boyfriend, can't remember his name, died after hitting his head off a mirror

Billy Meehan died after hitting his head off a golf club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

If this absolute bullsh!t Kerri-Ann-Decco NON story keeps up, I'm going to put my foot through the tv. Nobody cares and even for FC standards, its an atrocious excuse for a storyline.

Elsewhere, great to see Oisin up to his old tricks. I hated him with a passion when he arrived but he actually puts a bit of spark and excitement into the show and without him we would just have Bob and Ama at each others throats or Delores bumping into people on the street every day.

I'm guessing the fact that Heather and Ellie were mentioned recently might be paving the way for their return, It will be interesting to see how they will deal with Heather- where will she live, will she have custody of Ellie? Job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Another seriously stupid episode

You would think an IT expert would have a better fire wall or anti virus on her computer. And maybe she might let everyone in the house use her work computer

So if an ould wan walks out infront of you have to bring them for a few brandies?

• Advertisement

On what planet would you bring an injured homeless guy straight to some local nurse and expect them to treat them. A ten year old would write a better script! Meeting with Charlie? A "meeting" over a noise complaint to a garage, it's hardly a business meeting.

And what is the family business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Does RTE have to pay royalties to HBO every time they mention game of thrones ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The cleaner will end up being Kerri-Ann's mother!

bazermc wrote: »

In another episode or two, they'll be mentioning Brexit

Then again, no

Nothing mentioning the joke at the end of fair city

When you hear say say "are you mad that's not my colour the only person that will be wearing that is you, you fool"

Well I was in tears with laughter

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Cormdogg wrote: »
    You would think an IT expert would have a better fire wall or anti virus on her computer. And maybe she might let everyone in the house use her work computer

Paul used to own a bloody computer software company! It's actually laughable. What sort of an eejit is he that he clicks on all the spam ads! I'm no expert but I at least have the cop on to run my anti-virus scan after some dodgy ads pop up!
    So if an ould wan walks out infront of you have to bring them for a few brandies?

He was miles away from her! Poor excuse to introduce Nora as Robbie's birth mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Oisin : ''I want to get into the family business, Dad. I've seen how you operate. I'd like you to teach me everything.''

Paul : ''Well okay then, son. The first thing a successful businessman has to do, straightaway, is purchase a huge black overcoat, and remember, that coat must never be taken off, winter or summer, inside or out''

'' Big black overcoat. Anything else i should know? I'm going to make notes of all this''

''Well, the overcoat is basically all you need to be the Carrigstown version of Donald Trump. And you might want to develop an ignorant, sneery grin. Of course, none of that counts for anything if you haven't got a big shiny baldy head. And, now listen carefully, this is important.... If a fellah happens to seduce your wife when you're not looking, always, and I mean always, give him a job. Pay him well, and that way he'll think twice before illuminating her Yuletide shrubbery.''

''Ok. Sneery grin. Employ wife's lover. Got that. Anything else?''

''Well, it's vital that you have a few kids by other women, understand? And it's a good idea if you can coerce your wife to accept them into the house and after a while she'll forget that they're not hers. Get it?''

''How do you spell 'coerce'? Never mind...... Is that it?''

'' No. Go down to Wexford on 'business trips' regularly, and you can stay down there for weeks at a time. Nobody will miss you or mention your name till the writers think of another plot-line for you. Now son, have you got all that written down?''

''Yeah Dad, I think so. Lemme see..... Baldy head... Sneery grin...Pay wife's toyboy a good salary... Have multiple children and persuade wife they're all hers...Take long business trips to Wexford......Yeah Dad, I think I've gotten it all written down here now''

''No, no, no! Ya gobsh1te, you've forgotten the single vital ingredient that makes a Carrigstown man a millionaire. Now, I'm only going to say this one more time. Big. Black. Overcoat.Got that? Never, ever forget it. Right, now, Rachel wants you to change the pillow-cases in Room 4. Run along there now, good man.''

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

coolhull wrote: »
    Oisin : ''I want to get into the family business, Dad. I've seen how you operate. I'd like you to teach me everything.''

Paul : ''Well okay then, son. The first thing a successful businessman has to do, straightaway, is purchase a huge black overcoat, and remember, that coat must never be taken off, winter or summer, inside or out''

'' Big black overcoat. Anything else i should know? I'm going to make notes of all this''

''Well, the overcoat is basically all you need to be the Carrigstown version of Donald Trump. And you might want to develop an ignorant, sneery grin. Of course, none of that counts for anything if you haven't got a big shiny baldy head. And, now listen carefully, this is important.... If a fellah happens to seduce your wife when you're not looking, always, and I mean always, give him a job. Pay him well, and that way he'll think twice before illuminating her Yuletide shrubbery.''

''Well, it's vital that you have a few kids by other women, understand? And it's a good idea if you can coerce your wife to accept them into the house and after a while she'll forget that they're not hers. Get it?''

'' No. Go down to Wexford on 'business trips' regularly, and you can stay down there for weeks at a time. Nobody will miss you or mention your name till the writers think of another plot-line for you. Now son, have you got all that written down?''

''Yeah Dad, I think so. Lemme see..... Baldy head... Sneery grin...Pay wife's toyboy a good salary... Have multiple children and persuade wife they're all hers...Take long business trips to Wexford......Yeah Dad, I think I've gotten it all written down here now''

''No, no, no! Ya gobsh1te, you've forgotten the single vital ingredient that makes a Carrigstown man a millionaire. Now, I'm only going to say this one more time. Big. Black. Overcoat.Got that? Never, ever forget it. Right, now, Rachel wants you to change the pillow-cases in Room 4. Run along there now, good man.''

Thats hillarious. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Oisin : ''I want to get into the family business, Dad. I've seen .''

Yay! These posts from coolhull are what makes Fair City worth while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

bazermc wrote: »

Wouldn't it be the other way around, Your advertising the show or at least giving people who haven't heard of the show (which isn't many) the curiosity of maybe checking it out

Wouldn't it be the other way around

Hmmmm if it was , wouldn't everyone with airtime be mentioning big shows /artists to make a buck?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

:D:D:D:D:D

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

The cleaner will end up being Kerri-Ann's mother!

It's been well theorized that the Cleaner is Greasey's mother

You forgot a few nutritional tips: No matter where you are go home for sandwiches for lunch. Dinner, only ever eat at the local Bistro. If you're going to take a drink only drink during the day, never at night. If you like coffee the local community Centre is the place to get it. If God forbid you need groceries, Spar is your only man. If in the even you are ever offered a free brunch, drop everything because there's no such thing as a free brunch......wait what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

coolhull - I've just read your post at work - bad idea as I wanted to laugh out out and I'm obviously not supposed to be on here!!!

I think we all need to keep adding to coolhul's great post. There's F all else happening in FC really

I will add. "Oisin, keep bringing your toe rag buurd over to the house where she can sit around sneering at and provoking the home owners to her heart's content without ever being told to leave or, god forbid, being banned from said home. The same home where she planted stolen money to frame my other stray, Callum, who hasn't been seen since."

Anyone know when this big "obvious reveal" is happening as regards KT and Love Hate? It has to be one of FCs worst ever handled stories, and that is saying something.

walshb wrote: »
    Anyone know when this big "obvious reveal" is happening as regards KT and Love Hate? It has to be one of FCs worst ever handled stories, and that is saying something.

I'm starting to think love hate is a red herring. Just like rose was a bit of a red herring for Robbie's mother. Although I'm convinced she was pegged to be his mother but the writers changed their mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

It's been well theorized that the Cleaner is Greasey's mother

It is up there with the top TV theories of the year along with
    R+L=J

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement