Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

Strazdas wrote: »
    The semi finals are on Wednesday and Thursday and the final is on Sunday but they could surely have worked their way around this, either moved it to an earlier time slot or even show an episode on Friday. Sounds like they were just looking for an excuse to take a week off.

Probably to do with ratings. It can't compete with the Euros. It's probably (shockingly) one of their prime TV shows. So I guess it makes sense to save it for when people might watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

So Yvonne is renting her flat out to the person that blackmailed/threatened/scammed her sister?

Fair city is gone so slow moving , entire scenes about dirty saucepans , rent increases of €100 , Hayley painting her nails and throwing her eyes up to heaven, Sash and her thick orange makeup that I think I'm gonna take a break ....

I don't understand the fixation here about Love Hate guy and KT missing . Who says she was even kidnapped ? And there isn't the slightest reason or evidence it could be him.....any more than Doug ffs! Apart from the fact I no longer care .

I'm glad the football is on .....gimme a break :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

mloc123 wrote: »
    So Yvonne is renting her flat out to the person that blackmailed/threatened/scammed her sister?

Ha! Forgot about that! But that was writer #7's story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Fair city is gone so slow moving , entire scenes about dirty saucepans , rent increases of €100 , Hayley painting her nails and throwing her eyes up to heaven, Sash and her thick orange makeup that I think I'm gonna take a break ....

I don't understand the fixation here about Love Hate guy and KT missing . Who says she was even kidnapped ? And there isn't the slightest reason or evidence it could be him.....any more than Doug ffs! Apart from the fact I no longer care .

I'm glad the football is on .....gimme a break :-)

I've watched about 2 episodes in 2 months and there is plenty of evidence it could be him! I'd be very surprised if it'snot but I guess we'll find out in 3 years time!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

youwould wrote: »
    FFS. Cancelled because of soccer? Ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably be watching the soccer myself. I just don't understand why FC has to be cancelled when it's not even on the same station? And both RTE2 and TV3 are showing the final on Sunday! :rolleyes:

Viewership? Advertising revenue? RTE seem to have a policy of not conflicticting two potential viewer attracters against each other which is logical. They also have a contract for only a certain amount of episodes per year so there will have to be days it's not on.

Same with all soaps during the Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

They should have finished on a big cliffhanger seeing as it's not back on for a week. Not who burnt the scrambled eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Portugal 0 - 0 Wales.

Fair City - Missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Cazale wrote: »
    They should have finished on a big cliffhanger seeing as it's not back on for a week. Not who burnt the scrambled eggs.

:D:D

Portugal 2 -0 Wales.

Fair City broadcast still stuck on a hard drive. But I'd still rather watch the match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Cazale wrote: »
    Not who burnt the scrambled eggs.

it was Paulie that did that for definite! And looks like he'll get away with that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Emmet Kirwan who played the first Neil, the guy who does many voice overs on RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

There's a famous quote in the film 'Casablanca' (you young 'uns wouldn't remember!) where Humphrey Bogart says to his co-star something like, "Of all the bars in all the cities in all the world, you had to walk into mine."
    Surely Robbie could say to his supposed Ma, "Of all scruffy pubs in all the streets in all of Dublin that need an elderly cleaner, you had to walk into mine."
    Nora goes into Robbie's office to clean it. Of course, like any of us would, the first thing she does is open the desk drawers for a good poke around. In the top drawer, she can see after a three-second glance that there's nothing of interest there. But the second drawer reveals what looks like a school poetry book. Bingo!
    Immediately, she puts on her faraway "thinking" face, which straight away is meant to have us thinking, "Ahh, so Robbie's ma is hale and hearthy. Sure we said that all along. Well, we said first it was Glenroe Mary. But sure one out of two ain't bad."

And I've never considered Love /Hate as a possible suspect in KT's kidnap/murder, though a lot of posters here do. Admittedly, there's no point in his character, but the same could be said for most of the FC characters.
    I feel we've been over - thinking the plot-lines, which is more than can be said for the so-called writers.
    Though if the show was any good, we wouldn't bother our @rses watching it!

coolhull wrote: »
    There's a famous quote in the film 'Casablanca' (you young 'uns wouldn't remember!) where Humphrey Bogart says to his co-star something like, "Of all the bars in all the cities in all the world, you had to walk into mine."
    Surely Robbie could say to his supposed Ma, "Of all scruffy pubs in all the streets in all of Dublin that need an elderly cleaner, you had to walk into mine."
    Nora goes into Robbie's office to clean it. Of course, like any of us would, the first thing she does is open the desk drawers for a good poke around. In the top drawer, she can see after a three-second glance that there's nothing of interest there. But the second drawer reveals what looks like a school poetry book. Bingo!
    Immediately, she puts on her faraway "thinking" face, which straight away is meant to have us thinking, "Ahh, so Robbie's ma is hale and hearthy. Sure we said that all along. Well, we said first it was Glenroe Mary. But sure one out of two ain't bad."

And I've never considered Love /Hate as a possible suspect in KT's kidnap/murder, though a lot of posters here do. Admittedly, there's no point in his character, but the same could be said for most of the FC characters.
    I feel we've been over - thinking the plot-lines, which is more than can be said for the so-called writers.
    But we are a sad bunch, aren't we?!
    Though if the show was any good, sure we wouldn't bother our asses watching it
    !

I've highlighted the best bits and all because the ****ing football is rubbish!:D

coolhull wrote: »

Though if the show was any good, we wouldn't bother our @rses watching it!

Brilliant! .... Lol :D

Laura
    dealing steroids next week but to who

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Laura

Is it not Haileys 'fancy runners' / sneakers (or whatever the young-un's call them) that Laura is flogging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is it not Haileys 'fancy runners' / sneakers (or whatever the young-un's call them) that Laura is flogging?
    Fancy runners/sneakers is a code word for
    steroids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

What's the writers obsession with the selling of knocked off stuff on Fair City, Mondo, Hayley, Robbie, Emmett, Oisin, Charlotte, Decco in his past life and now unlikely Laura at it.

That story about Jake the diabetic who burns saucepans would have to be up there with Fair Citys worst, all this drama over a character no-one gives a toss about and a homeless shelter everyone had forgotten existed for the last ten years.

katkin wrote: »
    What's the writers obsession with the selling of knocked off stuff on Fair City, Mondo, Hayley, Robbie, Emmett, Oisin, Charlotte, Decco in his past life and now unlikely Laura at it.

That story about Jake the diabetic who burns saucepans would have to be up there with Fair Citys worst, all this drama over a character no-one gives a toss about and a homeless shelter everyone had forgotten existed for the last ten years.

How could you forget about Wayne and his shampoo?

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Fancy runners/sneakers is a code word for
    steroids

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Laura
    Wtf.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Eggciting episode last night

Really?
    No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Is Emmet Kirwan who played the first Neil, the guy who does many voice overs on RTE?

You mean every voice over for everything

Cormdogg wrote: »
    You mean every voice over for everything

He really does a lot :p he sounds very like Nicky Byrne

I'm really on tenterhooks waiting for an explanation regarding Katie's disappearance... FC normally drop a storyline/ plot and move on to the next batch actors when they can't come up with an ending, hoping the viewers will forget. .. Not this time.. ;)

I'm really on tenterhooks waiting for an explanation regarding Katie's disappearance... FC normally drop a storyline/ plot and move on to the next batch actors when they can't come up with an ending, hoping the viewers will forget. .. Not this time.. ;)

I'll send you a PM in august to tell you how it's progressing.

Does Farrah know Renee and Ellie are missing too :p

• Advertisement

Does Farrah know Renee and Ellie are missing too :p

Oh it does work, I'd forgotten about them and Heather.... :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement