Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I assume you posters have given up on this KT being take by LoveHate guy? For me it was never obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

What's the story with Jane and the menopause thing, was there a reason to drop that into the series or is it just a case of the script writers being bored and just dropping that in there for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

walshb wrote: »
    I assume you posters have given up on this KT being take by LoveHate guy? For me it was never obvious.

You could be right, this is the first story arc albeit a crap one he's had by himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I still think it is him, simply because of how seriously unsubtle FC is when it comes to suggesting the obvious. He went from not uttering a word to asking after KT and mentioning her in every scene, its a massive indication that he had/has something to do with it.
    I have yet to read anyone else on this thread posit a credible alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I still think it is him, simply because of how seriously unsubtle FC is when it comes to suggesting the obvious. He went from not uttering a word to asking after KT and mentioning her in every scene, its a massive indication that he had/has something to do with it.

"It's a massive indication "? mmmmmmm? Maybe to you and The Talking Bread who seem to be the only two convinced it's Love/Hate who took KT.....
    based on him showing concern and helping in the combined search ........along with everyone else ?
    Who cares now ? The writers haven't even come up with an ending yet anyway .......it's open ended .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't think an alternative is relevant. I just never saw anything remotely substantial that would make it obvious to some here that he is the culprit. It seems that posters want to pin it on someone, so he'll do because of a few scenese he had asking about her. It could just as easily be Bela Doyle going by this. Anyway, the story is dead. One of FCs worst handled, and that is saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I don't think an alternative is relevant. I just never saw anything remotely substantial that would make it obvious to some here that he is the culprit. It seems that posters want to pin it on someone, so he'll do because of a few scenese he had asking about her. It could just as easily be Bela Doyle going by this. Anyway, the story is dead. One of FCs worst handled, and that is saying something.

I think most posters put forward their belief based on the timing, the mysterious Ness and the irrelevancy of his arrival. No connections (supposedly), dark and cunning individual (card game) and then moving in with the brother of the missing girl. His many scenes where he sympathised with the family, no storyline of relevance as of yet.

It really would make all manner of sense to throw him in the mix.

Does that not give some sort of fair reasoning why it may be him. Maybe just maybe they are handling the mystery with a minor level of subtleness not usual for the soap.

I think the story has great potential to reveal him as connected to the flynns.

"It's a massive indication "? mmmmmmm? Maybe to you and The Talking Bread who seem to be the only two convinced it's Love/Hate who took KT.....
    based on him showing concern and helping in the combined search ........along with everyone else ?
    Who cares now ? The writers haven't even come up with an ending yet anyway .......it's open ended .

Eh, why are you referring to me specifically! I've barely watched or been on this thread in 6/7 weeks. Dozens of other posters are contemplating it being him and I'm just going by what I've seen.

I'm not convinced (nor do I particularly care!) I just think it's a fair point to make that there are indicators he is involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I think he has something to do with it too.
    If not and we're wrong,so be it but it's a massive missed opportunity coz it would make sense that it's the guy who arrived out of nowhere,got in with the family and immersed himself in the search. It's happened countless times in real life,it's usually the nice normal chap next door rather than some crazed villain.

I'm convinced too.

Cept this being Fair City, they'll probably forget Katie ever existed and let it blow over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

The withdrawal symptoms setting in on people. ..oh euro 2016 look what you've done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

It's slowly becoming clear to me where KT's disappearance story is going. Yea Ciaran is involved - he knocked her down with one of his souped up cars.It was a dark night as she left. I'd say she was killed minutes after leaving the pub. Noisy engine or not she's just the sort of girl to have headphones in as she crosses the road. Apart from the car's illegality Ciaran would have a huge amount to lose by losing his licence. He panics - hides the body and comes to live in Carraigstown trying to find out who she was and comfort the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

desbrook wrote: »
    It's slowly becoming clear to me where KT's disappearance story is going. Yea Ciaran is involved - he knocked her down with one of his souped up cars.It was a dark night as she left. I'd say she was killed minutes after leaving the pub. Noisy engine or not she's just the sort of girl to have headphones in as she crosses the road. Apart from the car's illegality Ciaran would have a huge amount to lose by losing his licence. He panics - hides the body and comes to live in Carraigstown trying to find out who she was and comfort the family.

You're in the wrong job.:D

The withdrawal symptoms setting in on people. ..oh euro 2016 look what you've done!

I'm enjoying the break!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

desbrook wrote: »

It's an intriguing theory, I'll give you that. But if he was so determined on covering things up, you'd imagine he wouldn't come a mile near Carrigstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

desbrook wrote:

Am pretty sure that he was already living in Carringstown before Katie went missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Am pretty sure that he was already living in Carringstown before Katie went missing?

Yes that is a very good theory however he joined the show in March and she went missing in May. Plus he said literally nothing until she went missing then he wouldn't shut up talking about her so I would like to say FC writers are being clever and using Ciaran as a red herring to distract from the REAL culprit but they just aren't that clever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

There should be a prize for the poster who comes up with the correct prediction of what happened to KT, I've made mine way back, weeks ago, I dig it up if I'm right.. ;)

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's an intriguing theory, I'll give you that. But if he was so determined on covering things up, you'd imagine he wouldn't come a mile near Carrigstown.

I didnt see Bobby beale f'in off! Or Lisa Mitchell. Or Stacey Branning. Or Zak. Or your one that shot JR. Or Carl King. Or whoever shot Robert Dingle or killed Carl King!

Soaps dont work like that. That's the whole idea of a "who dunnit".

If FC writers had any type of initiative they could have made a proper who dunnit out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

There's probably an fc writer reading this right now going ....... 'finally ...... something to bring to the writers table '!!!

Maybe KT never returns to FC, they could make it out to be a 'missing person' storyline that could drag on for years..... If she's on a 3 month break then FC better come up with a plausible explanation.

I didnt see Bobby beale f'in off! Or Lisa Mitchell. Or Stacey Branning. Or Zak. Or your one that shot JR. Or Carl King. Or whoever shot Robert Dingle or killed Carl King!

Soaps dont work like that. That's the whole idea of a "who dunnit".

If FC writers had any type of initiative they could have made a proper who dunnit out of this.

This is fair City. You do realise this???

Grandeeod wrote: »
    This is fair City. You do realise this???

of course. that is my point!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

How did lovehate drive Emmett all around Galway handing out flyers a while back if he doesn't even have a car? The two of them on his bike?!

of course. that is my point!!

Kinda hard to tell what your point was when you bring other soaps into it.

Kinda hard to tell what your point was when you bring other soaps into it.

I think its quite easy to understand my point........but to avoid confusion for you, jere is the long version!!!

1.. He/she asked why the character didnt leave carrigstown after (hypothetically) being involved in the disappearance of Katy.
    2. I said soaps don't work like that, that all suspects of a mystery plot and indeed the eventual revealed person behind whatever misdemeanour is involved always stay around as otherwise it wouldn't be interesting for the viewer.
    3. There is no logic to him staying other than the script must accomodate this.
    4. I proceeded to list out examples of soap characters who also hung around following crimes.
    5. Thats about it, I just assumed the post I put up was readily understandable!!!

He said this is FC, I responded saying i know it is, . What I meant here was that because its FC, the plot is bound to not follow a usual logical course regardless!

So thats about it really!

This.

• Advertisement

I think its quite easy to understand my point........but to avoid confusion for you, jere is the long version.

1.. He/she asked why the character didnt leave carrigstown after (hypothetically) being involved in the disappearance of Katy.
    2. I said soaps don't work like that, that all suspects of a mystery plot and indeed the eventual revealed person behind whatever misdemeanour is involved always stay around as otherwise it wouldn't be interesting for the viewer.
    3. There is no logic to him staying other than the script must accomodate this.
    4. I proceeded to list out examples of soap characters who also hung around following crimes.
    5. Thats about it, I just assumed the post I put up was readily understandable!!!

He said this is FC, I responded saying i know it is, . What I meant here was that because its FC, the plot is bound to not follow a usual logical course regardless.

So thats about it.

Oh God, good night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement