Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

There should be a prize for the poster who comes up with the correct prediction of what happened to KT, I've made mine way back, weeks ago, I dig it up if I'm right.. ;)

Tommy accidentally killed her in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I didnt see Bobby beale f'in off! Or Lisa Mitchell. Or Stacey Branning. Or Zak. Or your one that shot JR. Or Carl King. Or whoever shot Robert Dingle or killed Carl King!

Soaps dont work like that. That's the whole idea of a "who dunnit".

If FC writers had any type of initiative they could have made a proper who dunnit out of this.

All of those are from the locality though. Ciaran is an outsider and doesn't have any family or any real connection to Carrigstown.

The very fact he has moved there and found a job there is certainly a bit odd. Where are his own friends and family and what is he doing living among complete strangers? He didn't know any of them until a few months ago.

There should be a prize for the poster who comes up with the correct prediction of what happened to KT, I've made mine way back, weeks ago, I dig it up if I'm right.. ;)

Am I the only one who just doesn't care anymore ??

It's a farce anyway.....her mother barely cried and kept going to work cleaning room 202 in The Ballantyne :rolleyes:rolleyes:

Her peers are busy opening gyms, moving in with their lovers, fighting over rent, selling fake goods and painting their nails . Nobody cares really . FC missed an opportunity here by stringing it out ...even if they come back to this story it won't gave the same impact . Poor writing .....they seem to make it up as they go along :confused::confused:

Strazdas wrote: »
    All of those are from the locality though. Ciaran is an outsider and doesn't have any family or any real connection to Carrigstown.

The very fact he has moved there and found a job there is certainly a bit odd. Where are his own friends and family and what is he doing living among complete strangers? He didn't know any of them until a few months ago.

But in real life people do that all the time !! We don't just move to places where we have family or friends ? FC is so incestuous that we blink when we see a stranger not related to someone .....but hey that's life in the real world :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

She's gone to Lesbos to help with the refugee crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

sligojoek wrote: »
    She's gone to Lesbos to help with the refugee crisis.

and where is lesbos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

It's mad that the most concern the other FC characters or even her best friends can ever muster is "Any word on KT?" Sadly a lad I know went missing a few years ago and the entire community were actively looking for him, it was all over the news. All the local sports clubs were out looking for him, all over the country, all over the Dublin mountains, over in London, up North, every lake and river in and around Dublin. His family and friends stopped going to work and college until he turned up. Drowned unfortunately. Debbie hasn't left Carraigstown. They really could've had a good story here. No one in Carraigstown bar Love/Hate are helping to look for KT. A few businesses have put up a few missing posters on the street she lives on!! Not even a scene of Doug and her pals discussing it. A girl they all know, friend of their children, friend if theirs is missing and none of them give a sh*t! They're more concerned with a homeless guys sugar levels!

But in real life people do that all the time !! We don't just move to places where we have family or friends ? FC is so incestuous that we blink when we see a stranger not related to someone .....but hey that's life in the real world :-)

He appears to be from a different part of Dublin though (south side presumably) and moved to Carrigstown first before finding work there. You would imagine that someone in that situation would keep in touch with friends and family from his own area instead of trying to ingratiate himself with complete strangers. It's a strange one, he's acting like a loner without roots and yet doing his best to get in with the locals.....has he got something to hide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    He appears to be from a different part of Dublin though (south side presumably) and moved to Carrigstown first before finding work there. You would imagine that someone in that situation would keep in touch with friends and family from his own area instead of trying to ingratiate himself with complete strangers. It's a strange one, he's acting like a loner without roots and yet doing his best to get in with the locals.....has he got something to hide?

Exactly! And when Charlie took his application for the house, why didn't he ask him a few questions along the lines of "So Ciaran, where do you hail from originally? You took a job here because? Any friends or family nearby?". How did he even get a job in the garage, he would have needed references from his last job especially in a small town like that where most jobs go to locals.

Its stupid how they can just let a character like Ciaran slip completely under the radar and yet people like Bob and Ama are losing sleep and meeting each other 10 times a day in The Hungry Pig to analyze the background of that guy who has diabetes and wondering about his family, his reason for staying etc. Look a bit closer to home, idiots, you have a psychopath in your community!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

and where is lesbos?

Laura and sashs house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

bazermc wrote: »
    Laura and sashs house.

I had hoped that we were all too mature to treat that sort of stuff as 'humour'

Ciaran is from Ringsend, I got the impression he had the job in the garage before he arrived? Just remember him telling Jane he was from "the Ringer" in his first scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

coolhull wrote: »

Ah jaysus it really is true about trying not to offend people in 2016: Lighten up people!

http://rightwingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/offend-2016-750.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

coolhull wrote: »

Well I may as well tell you that at the age of nearly 45, I'm not beyond treating "that sort of stuff" as humour.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Well I may as well tell you that at the age of nearly 45, I'm not beyond treating "that sort of stuff" as humour.:D

Only 45? Sure you're merely a a chap, Grandeeod! However, we'll agree to disagree......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MelanieC wrote: »
    How did lovehate drive Emmett all around Galway handing out flyers a while back if he doesn't even have a car? The two of them on his bike?!

Did they borrow Robbie's car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did they borrow Robbie's car?

Don't think so. I just remember Emmett saying ciaran's giving me a lift to galway,there was no mention of borrowing anyone's car. Could be something or could just be rubbish continuity on FC's part,who knows?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I was sitting beside Laura there awhile ago , got starstruck damn near !

Has anbody mentioned Nina in the whole KT thing. Could she have gone over to her? They've a lot in common, like journalism.

Has anbody mentioned Nina in the whole KT thing. Could she have gone over to her? They've a lot in common, like journalism.

Nina came back briefly to write an article about KT. About the time Sash and Laura got together. Expecting something to kick off there but that was writer 7's story. Do the writers not even speak to eachother?

• Advertisement

Ciaran is from Ringsend, I got the impression he had the job in the garage before he arrived? Just remember him telling Jane he was from "the Ringer" in his first scene.

No, he was definitely hanging around Carrigstown before Paul offered him the job at the garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Bullocks wrote: »
    I was sitting beside Laura there awhile ago , got starstruck damn near !

Did she mention what part of America she's from?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 roise2000

I see what you did there:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

jos28 wrote: »

Still more happening than a week in Carrigstown.

I had a glance through the Times tv guide. Looks like it's all Robbie and Nora this week .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm missing the football already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Not missing the football at all. But wish I still had the bunting up. It was great for keeping the birds off the roof. Fair city was on just once last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Wife number 3 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

That cleaner really bugs me. Poor jack they'd pawn him off on anyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement