Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »
    If Carlsberg did homeless people!

If homeless people did Carlsberg............oh wait they do in Carrigstown.........after they beg for the money for them......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Where did Dan wheel himself off to when he was leaving Robbies place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Renee is about forty years too old for that leather jacket she insists on wearing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Act 1 scene 2 in Spar had a lot going on, jebus! Playing like a bad school Christmas pageant today. No offense to cleaners but I've never seen anybody impact in anyone's life like Nora even before the big reveal. Christ this homeless storyline is horrific. How is Ben coming home after the big storyline that Jo would let Dermish see him? More selective memory from the writers

Renee is about forty years too old for that leather jacket she insists on wearing!

She should swap with Dan

• Advertisement

Binjamin and Junior growing this episode, good to know. If everyone who got a sprained ankle ended up homeless we'd have an even bigger problem in this country. Have they new camera men today, loads of new shooting angles

Hello! Gwaaaaaaan Doug!

"Did you have a good night?" He means good afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

I suppose if Leicester can win the league it could be possible that Doug would be in with a chance of banging yer one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

squadro wrote: »
    I suppose if Leicester can win the league it could be possible that Doug would be in with a chance of banging yer one.

No. Doug is even beyond a Leicester winning the league scenario. He is the typical village idiot character that the 200 FC script writers use as some kind of comic distraction while they swap shifts/emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Did Caddle actually say to Dan "wait till you're standing around while Robbie tries on every suit in the shop"??? Insensitive much?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

So Carol bumped into Nora in Spar, Vino's, The Station and McCoy's all in one day and one episode. Am I leaving out anywhere? The Credit Union? Sorry, no one goes in there. Do you think they might have rushed this story just a little bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ama is like a dog in heat chasing diabetic homeless guy

Another person befriended by Ama who she will ultimately leave down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

My OH says the soap's name should be changed to "A Fair City Practice" in honour of "A Country Practice"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

MelanieC wrote: »
    Did Caddle actually say to Dan "wait till you're standing around while Robbie tries on every suit in the shop"??? Insensitive much?!

To which Dan replied "Wheel see!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

squadro wrote: »

The scene with him snogging her in the back of the limo was surreal. I reckon he'd have to pay her :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Did Robbie go for his 'work out' with Dan wear his usual shirt and jacket? Even Dan swapped the usual leather jacket for a tshirt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd love to interview the writers of FC and ask them where do they get there ideas for these lame storylines.

I'd love to interview the writers of FC and ask them where do they get there ideas for these lame storylines.
    I interrogated one of them on twitter ages ago for the laugh! It was the guy who played kane on Home and Away. (He is FC chief writer!) I was asking him how in God's name Gripey could be blamed for Mumbles death (at the hands of a hotel counter).

To say the response was a bunch of stuttering mumbles that would have made our own Mumbles sound like Stephen Fry was underestimating it!

There is lots of potential in this soap, just awful but nonetheless unintentional comedic genius like execution!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I interrogated one of them on twitter ages ago for the laugh! It was the guy who played kane on Home and Away. (He is FC chief writer!) I was asking him how in God's name Gripey could be blamed for Mumbles death (at the hands of a hotel counter).

To say the response was a bunch of stuttering mumbles that would have made our own Mumbles sound like Stephen Fry was underestimating it!

There is lots of potential in this soap, just awful but nonetheless unintentional comedic genius like execution!

Please ask him when will Katy's storyline be wrapped up, or is there an end in sight!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Omg he's the chief writer :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Rolling back the years. I used to love "a country practice ". For its time it was first class drama.

I agree with that. We differ on what storylines I found excellent but if you just slimmed down the script writers and replaced the wooden actors, it really could be a gripping show. Ireland can do drama just as well as any other country you just need the mix to be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭sudzs

Rolling back the years. I used to love "a country practice ". For its time it was first class drama.

Can you remember the wombats name?! :D

Please ask him when will Katy's storyline be wrapped up, or is there an end in sight!

I daren't ask such a question that I know that cannot be answered! In fairness, it will end about the time of the trial i'd anticipate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

sudzs wrote: »

Can you remember the wombats name?! :D
    Yeah I think it was fatso. In fact I am nearly possitive

I agree with that. We differ on what storylines I found excellent but if you just slimmed down the script writers and replaced the wooden actors, it really could be a gripping show. Ireland can do drama just as well as any other country you just need the mix to be right.

oh..........come on!! Just when I thought you'd turned a leaf! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭sudzs

Yeah I think it was fatso. In fact I am nearly possitive

Yep, Fatso!

oh..........come on!! Just when I thought you'd turned a leaf! :D:D:D:D:D

But that's what I think, you can't come on here and mock someone for having an opinion when you openly admit yourself you only watch the show because it's so bad. At least I can back up my reason for liking or not liking a storyline or character and I watch the show in the hopes that maybe they will get it right one day with the writing and acting.
    You can't back up your views on the show beyond a few memes or pictures.

• Advertisement

This homeless guy is everywhere and.......queue Alma/Ama

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement