Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

RobertKK wrote: »
    Ellie would make a great comedic actress, always find her funny, even when I shouldn't.

she is starring on a BBC kids comedy show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

we simply must read something into love/hate being stuck in the middle of all this

Any money in the pub is what you put behind the bar buying truckloads of pints the last fortnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Why can't Hughie say the word daughter?

FFS, musical chairs siege. By the end of the week he'll holding the syringe to his own bleedin' neck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Did anyone notice the camera shaking from left to right during the siege scenes or was that done from for dramatic effect??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I suppose that was not meant to be funny but it was.

I'm actually enjoying this siege, a lot more realistic and well acted than Flynn's. Good variety of characters also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

RobertKK wrote: »
    Ellie would make a great comedic actress, always find her funny, even when I shouldn't.

I really hate her. I hate her expressions.
    I'm actually enjoying this siege, a lot more realistic and well acted than Flynn's. Good variety of characters also

Pointless and random, felt really contrived as if they just thought it was time to have one of those dramatic scenes.

Tell me you're taking the Pi€s?

walshb wrote: »
    Why can't Hughie say the word daughter?

FFS, musical chairs siege. By the end of the week he'll holding the syringe to his own bleedin' neck!

ha! Was gonna say tht!! Repeat Repeat Repeat!

• Advertisement

Sorry, compared to Flynn's siege it's light years more realistic. But it's still ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I watched tonight for the first time in about 2 months. Who's the syringe guy?

Tell me you're taking the Pi€s?

not really. The last scene really only I guess. It has many aspects to take the piss out of also

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I watched tonight for the first time in about 2 months. Who's the syringe guy?

Pat, the homeless dude. Been hogging the screen for weeks now. He'll be off sick due to exhaustion!

I just don't get it. Why doesn't homeless dude swap Ellie for Hughie. March Hughie to McCoy's, empty the till, have a quick pint, then March him to the bank to get 15 k. Sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Ah Jesus, that was rediculous, there are 4 of them there surely they could have overpowered him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

During the 60 or so seconds when it cut to Hughie in the back room agreeing with kidnapper to get rid of the cops, what exactly were Renee and Deegan talking about?? So.....we established that it must have been an error but I'm just going to stand here awkwardly until cue Hughie enter from left for next scene :D:):)

Also, surely when Ellie made the call, Deegan would have heard all the commotion and shouting in the background but he just heard a "female voice" that cut off, even though Ellie speaks in little more than a whisper at the best of times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

The little girl was great. She looked very frightened at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Ah Jesus, that was rediculous, there are 4 of them there surely they could have overpowered him.
    He had a syringe held to farrah s neck

Did anyone notice the camera shaking from left to right during the siege scenes or was that done from for dramatic effect??

sure wasn't the acting so realistic even the camera men were taken in. . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Pat, hope he stays around

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like Pat, hope he stays around

I don't see why not. Charlit snd Oisin have robbed almost everyone in the cast and they're still hanging in there!

id say pat picked up that syringe in that so called altercation in ama's surgery earlier on. bet Jake is in on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

By Fair City standards that was a good riveting scene.

id say pat picked up that syringe in that so called altercation in ama's surgery earlier on. bet Jake is in on it.

And so is Love Hate. I mean, he was there. If we can pin KTs abduction and murder on him because he was 'there,' then we can surely pin this on him!

So Deegan suspects nothing..........
    999 phone call from scared girl
    Shop door closed in middle of day
    Noone answering the door for a minute as they bang
    Rennee stuttering and telling them its grand whilst refusing to let them look around
    Hughie coming out slowly
    The guards being ushered to the door and locked out again....
    Jaysus its only a few months since Flynns siege. Surely they know some of the elements of a situation like this. Also why didnt Rennee just say it to them. She knows there is no sound on the cameras and she could have easily just hinted to them to hang around outside at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And so is Love Hate. I mean, he was there. If we can pin KTs abduction and murder on him because he was 'there,' then we can surely pin this on him!

Is he still dating the copper as he was hitting on Farrah too

So Deegan suspects nothing..........
    999 phone call from scared girl
    Shop door closed in middle of day
    Noone answering the door for a minute as they bang
    Rennee stuttering and telling them its grand whilst refusing to let them look around
    Hughie coming out slowly
    The guards being ushered to the door and locked out again....
    Jaysus its only a few months since Flynns siege. Surely they know some of the elements of a situation like this. Also why didnt Rennee just say it to them. She knows there is no sound on the cameras and she could have easily just hinted to them to hang around outside at least

id say Deegan breathed a sigh of relief that Ellie was back having not been seen for months

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is he still dating the copper as he was hitting on Farrah too

copper might be reported missing soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think Ellie should have bit pat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement