Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cazale wrote: »
    Why does every top Ben wears reference America?

ha, I said that this will happen even before he arrived back !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

How did Jackie not notice her blouse was on inside out, FFS, it's a button-up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

What meeting? An AA meeting?

No, it was a traders meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tommy must have really rocked Jackie's world, it's the first time I've ever seen her smile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Scarpetta1

Pat Neary as the villain. Now that is REALLY funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I must be very nieve I actually thought ram genuinely liked stripey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,610 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Are we to get another 6 month love triangle with Ram/Gripey and slaggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Tommy to Jackie 'tell em you were having the Time of your Life with the handyman.....'
    Jaysus he rates himself doesn't he?!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

laylag wrote:
    Tommy to Jackie 'tell em you were having the Time of your Life with the handyman.....' Jaysus he rates himself doesn't he?!

I want a go myself just to see what all the fuss is about. Form an orderly queue ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Has Ben met his sister Ellie yet ?

I want a go myself just to see what all the fuss is about. Form an orderly queue ladies.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I leave you at it, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,354 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

liam7831 wrote: »
    Tommy must have rode everywan in the place bar Robbie mother at this stage

Ama next for him :p

Ughhhhh .....their kiss was pure gross .....cringe ....couldn't watch it . It looked so "dry" !! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Ughhhhh .....their kiss was pure gross .....cringe ....couldn't watch it . It looked so "dry" !! :-)

It was so forced! I like Jackie and I like The Ram but Jesus, this is gonna be a bad combination. Stripey will be more depressed about those two than she will be about her missing daughter and dead son combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I want a go myself just to see what all the fuss is about.

Ok, hearmehearye, but before you attempt to seduce the Ram, please answer the following questions, using these three former lovers as an example ........

1/ Do you have an attic in your house?
    Do you know anything about audio-visual equipment?
    Can you fill out a green t-shirt pleasingly?

2/ When a family member goes missing, do you immediately seek solace in the muscled arms of a janitor?
    Is your partner facing imprisonment for accidently bumping into someone?
    Have you ever been promoted from cleaner to hotel deputy manager within a 15-minute timeframe?

3/ Do you usually go around with a long, miserable face on you?
    Can your former husband grow lots of wonderful facial hair in the space of a week wjthout anyone noticing?
    Do you have two sons, one a weird head-shaker, the other a complete headbanger?

And the following are the deciding questions......
    Have you always fancied a man who knows how to use his big screwdriver?
    And would you let him fix any plumbing problems you may be having, using his oversized spanner and polished ballcock if necessary?

If you can answer ''yes'' to one or more of the above questions, then you're in there with a good chance, hearmehearye.
    You go, girlfriend!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

but you did watch it...................;) A Ram Kiss is a beautiful thing!

Debbie-and-Tommy-snog.jpg

078_47824eb729d9986f5ed05c0b2208420742f095dc.jpg

Just realised

Judith
    Jo
    Jane
    Jackie

J is a letter The Ram likes.

Orla is a Joke and Stripey is a Joyless
    bag of misery so that wraps the J gang up!

The only question who is next...........John Deegn :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reading Coolhulls post there, (another great insight into the residents of FC by you) got me thinking about the 'murder' charge that Eoghan is / was facing, has that even gone to court yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

It has been said alot of times in the show that he is to be sententened in october and they are expecting him to be either jailled or a fined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Nowhere is the fact that FC has so many scriptwriters more evident than this ridiculous Ram/Jackie combo- a few weeks ago Bob and Jackie were going strong and having great fun. Not a sign of any trouble and now in the space of one week she has broke it off with him and fallen head over heels for the local man slut, just no consistency whatsoever!!
    The characters must despair when they are handed their scripts and see how stupid and illogical they have to act based purely on the needs of the latest round of script writers, it's almost as if some of them are possessed the way their personality keeps flipping example Hughie being a grumpy broke misery guts a few months ago roaring at his staff for no reason and now he's Mr Nice guy. Or Dermot being an aggressive sociopath or laid back accountant depending on who is writing!
    I'd go so far as to say that FC wasn't even scripted tonight and the characters were given free reign as to what would happen to them and who would hook up with who. How else could you explain Jackie stripping off and giving herself totally to the Ram. Awful awful awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Scarpetta1 wrote: »
    Pat Neary as the villain. Now that is REALLY funny.

I'd say that must have flown over a few people's heads, he being the former Financial Regulator who helped banjax the country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Tommy must have really rocked Jackie's world, it's the first time I've ever seen her smile.

Illuminated like Yuletide shrubbery - to quote somebody here

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,354 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Poor Dermot is going to
    have serious health problems and Carol's dad Trigger is coming in and Rose knows him well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Looks interesting !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Re Cormdogg. Post. Fair city is a million times better than red rock. Red rock have had the same story from day one. Same location
    Same costumes. Same actors. Same boring police station. Same jars for tea and coffee in same police station. I think the story lines on fair city in the last year or so have been exceptional. Let's give praise where praise is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Re Cormdogg. Post. Fair city is a million times better than red rock. Red rock have had the same story from day one. Same location
    Same costumes. Same actors. Same boring police station. Same jars for tea and coffee in same police station. I think the story lines on fair city in the last year or so have been exceptional. Let's give praise where praise is due.

FC is a joke but for some unknown reason, I still like it. It tends to repeat itself with stories and characters or else do a total 180. There's zero consistency. Sometimes they can have an absolute cracker of a storyline but more often than not they tend to **** it up. Whether it's writing, acting or scheduling - key characters going missing for 3 months and other characters saying "______ is in the shower/at work/in bed/moved to Galway until we need them again." Basically it's **** but it's unintentionally hilarious and that's why I can't miss it.

Red Rock is very good though. They seem to have a better system with the writing and I really think the summer break helps because it allows the whole team to regroup and come back with something better. RTE should cut down on the FC episodes or go back to taking the summer months off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Poor Dermot is going to
    have serious health problems and Carol's dad Trigger is coming in and Rose knows him well
    Is it this Trigger? :Darticle-2540531-1AB5E37900000578-316_634x448.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Strazdas wrote: »
    Is it this Trigger? :Darticle-2540531-1AB5E37900000578-316_634x448.jpg

I feckin hope so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement